Feel good aspect of the Harsin Era

AUght2win

2 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

Bowden…..eh.  Not sure what was instrumental about his time here, it was full of drama. 

20-0.  Inspired team play and great offense (and defense).  We were a depressed bunch of people in 91 and 92, having our name smeared in the media EVERY DANG DAY with Ramsey and his SOB lawyer.  Terry gave us hope and something to believe in.  In 1997 with the number 3 recruiting class of 1995 brought us a West Division title and almost an SEC title.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

Bowden…..eh.  Not sure what was instrumental about his time here, it was full of drama. 

47-17-1 is not to be sneezed at. His winning percentage is second all-time at Auburn, only Mike Donahue is better. (Coaches with over 20 games.) Donahue, .743, Bowden .731.

5 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

I always gave Coach Barfield a pass because he bought us Brooks and Cribbs and Fast Freddie Smith. Win or lose, those guys made AU football fun to watch. 

My memory isn't what it used to be, but didn't Barfield have Andrews, Brooks, and Cribbs in the backfield his last year at Auburn?   I remember thinking how can you lose with a backfield like that.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, alabastertiger said:

My memory isn't what it used to be, but didn't Barfield have Andrews, Brooks, and Cribbs in the backfield his last year at Auburn?   I remember thinking how can you lose with a backfield like that.

Your memory is correct. Andrew’s wasn’t used much as a runner in college, more of a blocker. Then he tore it up in the NFL as a runner until his injuries. Brooks and Cribbs we’re spectacular. 

Barfield was before my time and I've honestly never even looked at his record until now. Hard to believe that tenure could have been classified as "worst" but I guess that's a good sign about the program's history overall. Glad to see Harsin take the title.

6 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

The AUdacity of this statement to demean the AUsome Terry Bowden tenure is very indicative of your AttitUde!

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, api1957 said:

The AUdacity of this statement to demean the AUsome Terry Bowden tenure is very indicative of your AttitUde!

But at least it was an AUthentic response.  

• Haha 1