WR added to class of 2005

aufan175

Miami (Fla.) Northwestern's Ulysses Alexander, who originally signed with Tennessee in February, will be reporting to the Plains on Thursday and become the newest Auburn Tiger.

If he signed with Tenn. does that mean Fulmer gave him his release to play for another SEC school as required? If so that's surprising.

If he signed with Tenn. does that mean Fulmer gave him his release to play for another SEC school as required? If so that's surprising.

172434[/snapback]

I read somewhere that Tenn. asked him to greyshirt this year so I believe that would void his signing.

Yes?

From what I have heard, :ut: ran out of scholarships and asked him to wait and sign with the 2006 class. He did not want to wait, therefore :ut: will give him a release to sign anywhere he wishes to sign. Good news for :au: !

:au::au::au::au:

From what I have heard,  :ut:   ran out of scholarships and asked him to wait and sign with the 2006 class.  He did not want to wait, therefore  :ut:   will give him a release to sign anywhere he wishes to sign.  Good news for  :au:   !

:au:   :au:   :au:   :au:

172443[/snapback]

that is correct.

Wouldn't he have to wait a year. or is that void since he hasn't even played there yet?

172476[/snapback]

Seems to me, if they couldn't follow through on their end, he isn't obligated.

Guest Tigrinum Major
What do we know about this guy?  How good is he?

172515[/snapback]

Apparently, he was good enough to get into UT, but lacked the prerequiste "street cred" to fit in with the program. He had fewer than three tattoos and any that he may or may not have had could not be seen while he was in uniform. The only scar he had was on the back of his hand from a broken pickle jar when he was twelve. He was literate and had actually completed the SAT on his own! He attempted to "keep it real", but was shunned by his future teammates when, during a pickup basketball game, he fouled a player going to the hoop, then helped him up instead of punching him and breaking three bones in his face.

Ok, I just made all that up. I really don't know any more than what has been posted. Probably a decent player that UT just didn't have room to put on scholarship.

What do we know about this guy?  How good is he?

172515[/snapback]

Apparently, he was good enough to get into UT, but lacked the prerequiste "street cred" to fit in with the program.

Maybe not:

Other tidbits: Ulysses Alexander was born on May 17, 1987 and is the nephew of rap star Luther Campbell of 2 Live Crew.

Nasty as he wants to be.

Guest Tigrinum Major

More info from auburntigers.com:

Ulysses Alexander to Join Auburn Football

August 4, 2005

AUBURN - The Auburn football program announced Wednesday the addition of wide receiver Ulysses Alexander who has signed a scholarship with the Tigers.

A 6-4, 200-pound native of Miami, Fla., Alexander attended Northwestern High School where he was an honorable mention All-Dade County pick as a senior in 2004 after catching over 40 passes with eight touchdowns in a run-oriented offense.

Since he is Luke's nephew, I am surprised that he isn't at Miami.

On another note, this kid was born when I was a freshman in college. Is it any wonder I feel old?

When this kid was born, I had already been married for 11 years.....and you think YOU feel old. :(

I was thumbing through Lindy's today and looked up this kid to see if he was listed in their recruiting class. Lindy's has him as a 2-star WR at 6'4" 225. :blink:

225??? Again, this has always been my gripe. You can look at 8 different recruiting write ups on a player and get 8 different sets of stats as if they're not even talking about the same player.

Archived