Sabotage is afoot

Swamp Eagle

2 minutes ago, lovemytigerz said:

And yet, you felt the need to respond to my post.  You are part of the mob, yes?

yes,  I am part of the mob that is trying to anything we can to help Auburn.   We are called Auburn fans.  You seem more interested in posting anything negative you can find about Lane.   Not because you think he is not a good coach, but because your feeling are hurt that the coach you wanted was not hired.  You are so dug in that you will likely never give Kiffin a chance.  You have already started trying to tear him down.  Wake up.  Come join the mob.  it is much more fun over here.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

Jeremy Johnson: 'Gus Malzahn's a genius'

There's a reason why Gus Malzahn is respected amongst his peers as one of college football's brightest offensive minds. His tempo-based scheme terrorizes ...

Jan 6, 2014Gus Malzahn may be an offensive genius or have a brilliant mind for football. But one of his keys to success—adjusting his game to the raw ...

Auburn's Gus Malzahn is College Football's Best Play-Caller

Jan 28, 2015Gus Malzahn been called a genius and an offensive mastermind, but his peers call him the best play-caller in college football according to ...

Wonder if Jeremy Johnson still thinks Gus is a genius.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, lovemytigerz said:

Go back and read the post again.

I got the gist.  Hyperbole can be effective I guess.

Its been a good conversation IMO. Its all pure speculation at this point and no one is right.
As long as everyone gets that... it’s all good

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

i am not trolling. he said in caps gus was not a genuis and was never considered a genius. this is not true. go back and read what he said. and what i said is right. period.

Wasn’t referring to you my man. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

yes,  I am part of the mob that is trying to anything we can to help Auburn.   We are called Auburn fans.  You seem more interested in posting anything negative you can find about Lane.   Not because you think he is not a good coach, but because your feeling are hurt that the coach you wanted was not hired.  You are so dug in that you will likely never give Kiffin a chance.  You have already started trying to tear him down.  Wake up.  Come join the mob.  it is much more fun over here.

I don't operate on "feelings".  I've posted the history of Lane Kiffin.  If you find that documented history to be negative, take it up with him.  But, don't expect me to ignore the history you find so negative, and suddenly pretend he is a great hire just so I can align with your delusion.

And, for the record, no, I actually don't think Lane is a great coach.

11 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

I got the gist.  Hyperbole can be effective I guess.

Its been a good conversation IMO. Its all pure speculation at this point and no one is right.
As long as everyone gets that... it’s all good

It isn't entirely speculation.  There are histories that can be referenced, particularly with Lane. 

Someone IS right, and time will bear out who it is.  I'm not a fan of Kiffin as a person, and his history is why.  I'm not a fan of this hire b/c I don't think he's a substantial coach who will take Auburn to the pinnacle, which is juggernaut status.  If Auburn hires him, I hope my assessment of him as a coach, and as a man, proves out wrong.

7 minutes ago, lovemytigerz said:

It isn't entirely speculation.  There are histories that can be referenced, particularly with Lane. 

Someone IS right, and time will bear out who it is.  I'm not a fan of Kiffin as a person, and his history is why.  I'm not a fan of this hire b/c I don't think he's a substantial coach who will take Auburn to the pinnacle, which is juggernaut status.  If Auburn hires him, I hope my assessment of him as a coach, and as a man, proves out wrong.

Just to make it clear... you’re against CLK?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i was not sure we would win another game after we fired harsin but then i was not sure we would with harsin still coach.

Me too.  I'm actually pleasantly surprised by what the staff has been able to do to inspire the kids and adapt to the changes.  Not hopeful that we'll beat Bama, but stranger things have happened.  🙏

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Reading through some of these comments, I just don’t know if we can all be on the same page about anything. Seems like some people just don’t want to be hopeful about anything. I just don’t get it. 

War Eagle always. 

I mean people were complaining about Dabo. That is when I knew we couldn't make folks happy.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, lovemytigerz said:

I don't operate on "feelings".  I've posted the history of Lane Kiffin.  If you find that documented history to be negative, take it up with him.  But, don't expect me to ignore the history you find so negative, and suddenly pretend he is a great hire just so I can align with your delusion.

And, for the record, no, I actually don't think Lane is a great coach.

Your other 379 posts tipped us off already

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

i am all for lane. i wanted him or sanders because i think they get us relevant again quicker.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Carnell said:

Maybe they would be interested but after they dumped him in 2014 right before the BCS game I don't think the interest would be reciprocated.

They (Saban) will have to retire in order to generate an opening.

Then they (bammer) can proceed with who they want. 

Yes, dink will still have some input on who to hire, but he has recently spoken highly of Kiffin as a HC.

4 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Just to make it clear... you’re against CLK?

I'm for Auburn.  Lane Kiffin isn't Auburn.  If he ends up coaching at Auburn, then, just as I did with Gus, I'll hope for the best, and that he'll prove my assessment of him wrong. 

Gus proved my assessment correct.  Kirby proved my assessment correct.  Maybe this time will be different.

7 minutes ago, CR said:

Your other 379 posts tipped us off already

Evidently, the poster to whom I responded thinks my opposition to Lane is "not because [I] think he is not a good coach".  So, I just wanted to clarify for him that my opposition to his hire is not in fact hurt feelings.  I genuinely do not think Kiffin is the guy to build Auburn into a juggernaut.  If I thought that, I'd be for his hire.

image.png

30 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Reading through some of these comments, I just don’t know if we can all be on the same page about anything. Seems like some people just don’t want to be hopeful about anything. I just don’t get it. 

War Eagle always. 

Imagine all of us at one Thanksgiving table?  Glad to see the positive pre Harsin PTB back.

31 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

War Eagle always. 

Right!!!! Jesus Christ could be the HC and the Virgin Mary as OC with Peter as the DC and this would still bring out the Debbie downers. 

• Love 1

9 minutes ago, lovemytigerz said:

Evidently, the poster to whom I responded thinks my opposition to Lane is "not because [I] think he is not a good coach".  So, I just wanted to clarify for him that my opposition to his hire is not in fact hurt feelings.  I genuinely do not think Kiffin is the guy to build Auburn into a juggernaut.  If I thought that, I'd be for his hire.

image.png

You agenda is showing.    It doesn't matter whether you think he is a good coach or not.  your droning on and on about your  opinion comes across  as petty.   We all know you don't like Kiffen.  I am sure you are waiting on the day when you can say how right you are.      It  would be funny if it wasn't so sad.  

Have you ever liked an Auburn coach?   Harsin,  Gus,  Chizik,  Tuberville,  Dye?

6 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

Right!!!! Jesus Christ could be the HC and the Virgin Mary as OC with Peter as the DC and this would still bring out the Debbie downers. 

To be fair,  they would field soft teams.   :)

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i am all for lane. i wanted him or sanders because i think they get us relevant again quicker.

I think he'll get us off the bottom, maybe quicker than some other options.  I just don't think he'll ever get us to the top.  He doesn't build the kind of defense that is required to get to the top.  Just a flashy offense isn't enough.  His career average is 8-4.  His best seasons in big boy football are 10 wins.  At FAU he had 2 seasons with 11 wins.

If it happens that he sticks at 8-10 wins a year, and Auburn foolishly locks him in at $10M for 10 yrs, or worse, we'd be mired in that mediocrity without championships for a while like TxAM is with Jimbo.  Well, Jimbo may be below mediocrity at A&M.  

This IMO is a grave error that we would be stuck with for years.  I'd much rather bring in Lanning, or another more substantial coach, and build a behemoth, even if it takes a little longer.  The payoff for that patience is SO sweet ...

14 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

You agenda is showing.    It doesn't matter whether you think he is a good coach or not.  your droning on and on about your  opinion comes across  as petty.   We all know you don't like Kiffen.  I am sure you are waiting on the day when you can say how right you are.      It  would be funny if it wasn't so sad.  

Have you ever liked an Auburn coach?   Harsin,  Gus,  Chizik,  Tuberville,  Dye?

Strange that you think it petty to want Auburn to hire a substantial coach to build Auburn into a powerhouse.  Hopefully the day won't come that I'm proven right.  Why do different points of view unsettle you so?

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i hear peewee herman is penciled in as the new D line coach.............and my source is indisputable.

Now that would be some different strokes

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lovemytigerz said:

I think he'll get us off the bottom, maybe quicker than some other options.  I just don't think he'll ever get us to the top.  He doesn't build the kind of defense that is required to get to the top.  Just a flashy offense isn't enough.  His career average is 8-4.  His best seasons in big boy football are 10 wins.  At FAU he had 2 seasons with 11 wins.

If it happens that he sticks at 8-10 wins a year, and Auburn foolishly locks him in at $10M for 10 yrs, or worse, we'd be mired in that mediocrity without championships for a while like TxAM is with Jimbo.  Well, Jimbo may be below mediocrity at A&M.  

This IMO is a grave error that we would be stuck with for years.  I'd much rather bring in Lanning, or another more substantial coach, and build a behemoth, even if it takes a little longer.  The payoff for that patience is SO sweet ...

Fair concerns. What CLK has not had in previous years is a NIL collective like the one Auburn has. This combination could make Auburn a very serious contender in the very near future