Well…

gr82b4au

2 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

We’re waiting!!
image.gif

Mark Murphy said this morning that it wouldn't be long.  I get a feeling it will be.  

Edited by Auburn93

Just now, Auburn93 said:

Mark Murphy this morning that it wouldn't be long.  I get a feeling it will be.

Well from all the flack flying on the internet-CLK staying at Ole Miss and CHF not being an upstanding guy, it seems we are left without a coach to argue about right now.

5 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Ok so Caddy and the guys “had their day” as many wanted. Now let’s get down to bidness lol. 

And it might've cost us Kiffin, if the delay gave his family time to convince him to stay.

4 minutes ago, au701948 said:

Well from all the flack flying on the internet-CLK staying at Ole Miss and CHF not being an upstanding guy, it seems we are left without a coach to argue about right now.

Half the damn boards turning in their Auburn card over a coach who hasnt been hired.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, au701948 said:

D

on

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, CR said:

Half the damn boards turning in their Auburn card over a coach who hasnt been hired.

Letem go. Leaves more tickets for the rest of us!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

I think it prime time for Prime Time

I just don’t get the mass infatuation with him.  His body of work is lacking.  Anyone else with the same body of work would be laughed at.  

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

15 minutes ago, CR said:

This actually made me laugh....

I have enjoyed stirring the pot and picking at the people in meltdown mode over every little thing that is said... 

What's sad is NONE of these guys have been linked to the job by any credible person I.E. Cohen, Robert's, ETC... 

Everyone is losing their crap over Freeze that has been in talks with AU for weeks which was reported by the same people that said that Kiffin to AU was a done deal... 

Sounds more realistic that Cohen is keeping his word that there is no time table and himself, Rich, And Robert's are really the only in the know.

Just now, gctiger said:

I just don’t get the mass infatuation with him.  His body of work is lacking.  Anyone else with the same body of work would be laughed at.  

Well we are going to get someone terrible either way may as well throw a Hail Mary/ and take a chance.

Just now, sevenlee36 said:

Well we are going to get someone terrible either way may as well throw a Hail Mary/ and take a chance.

Ok, then Caddy it is.  He’s got way more experience: P5, SEC, and Auburn.  

• Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, gctiger said:

I just don’t get the mass infatuation with him.  

At this point it may boil down to the perception that he's neither an immature Twitter troll nor a pimp. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

At this point it may boil down to the perception that he's neither an immature Twitter troll nor a pimp. 

His past transgressions are equally, if not more unimpressive.

Edited by gctiger

Probably noonish tomorrow it'll break.  Interested to see who the mystery candidate thats come up in the past couple days?  Sounds like its either them or Freeze.  I just hope we are maxing both these coaches at 5mil for 5 years with an affordable buyout.  Only coaches that validate more than 5 mil are Kirby, Saban, Dabo, Day, Harbaugh, Maybe Franklin, Maybe Lincoln Riley, Maybe Brian Kelly.  Value Buy would be Norvell (who should have replaced Gus), Washington's coach, maybe Wazzou or Oregon State's coach.  

2 minutes ago, gctiger said:

Ok, then Caddy it is.  He’s got way more experience: P5, SEC, and Auburn.  

It’s about the same. I think from a national recruiting perspective Prime Time wins and bring in more talent. We need talent/players.

Edited by sevenlee36

3 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

It’s about the same. I think from a national recruiting perspective Prime Time wins and bring in more talent. We need talent/players.

How so?  Because he bought and signed 1 top ranked player?

• Facepalm 2

10 minutes ago, Taker said:

This actually made me laugh....

I have enjoyed stirring the pot and picking at the people in meltdown mode over every little thing that is said... 

What's sad is NONE of these guys have been linked to the job by any credible person I.E. Cohen, Robert's, ETC... 

Everyone is losing their crap over Freeze that has been in talks with AU for weeks which was reported by the same people that said that Kiffin to AU was a done deal... 

Sounds more realistic that Cohen is keeping his word that there is no time table and himself, Rich, And Robert's are really the only in the know.

Oh at this point there’s even a fire Cohen thread lol. In a day full of dumb takes that’s got to take the top prize lol. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

I actually think Caddy could have just as big an impact as Deion.  Deion has that initial appeal but I gotta believe Caddy would close just as hard.  If recruiting is sales and the best sales men seem like they are offering value and not selling then I think Caddy could sell Auburn like no other.  Add Reed and Etheridge and recruiting in general is not an issue.  Auburn will recruit itself next season with the amount of opportunities available and the stability with coach.  I think if you put Caddy in control Auburn would generally get top 5-10 recruiting classes at least his 1st 2 years.    

• Like 1
  • Love 1