Calling all REAL AUBURN fans

Taker

1 minute ago, yngwie1995 said:

I don't have a pitchfork. Would a Trident be okay?

Absolutely it will!!! Bring it and any sharp sticks you may find. 

9 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Thats going to make a bad story. Meeting at the Dollar General.

Nah, we gotta get lighter fluid and some USA golds

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Taker said:

Which part? 

"Noone is ridiculing people for expressing their opinion, unless in fact that opinion is a pure meltdown..."

Ive been here most of the day and that's just not true. Someone said I'd be a HF fan if he won 10 games next year, to which I said no I wouldn't. That snowballed into me being irrelevant, whining, no morals, I'm sanctimonious, I'm not a true Christian (?), I'm crying, making up things.... Talk about melt downs lol

2 minutes ago, CAReeves2010 said:

Or maybe it was pulled because it was an asinine thread on a day filled with other asinine threads 🙃

If you like loosing out on coaches and most of the games in a season then you are asinine ! They are not going to a bowl they are in the dumps. I have the right to complain. They get paid money and a lot to do this job. 

This board was losing their minds exactly 2 years ago as well. According to media, even Auburn's own media guys, we had just gotten turned down in an interview by Bill Freakin' Clark. Add him to the list of Cristobal, Sarkisian, Venables, Elliott, Napier, Freeze and Kiffin. The media, including our own Auburn beat writers, were telling the fans that all of these candidates were turning us down because of the boosters making demands to run the program. People were walking away from being Auburn fans, giving up because it will always be JABA. Remember all that? The threads are easy to find here in case you don't remember.

Out of nowhere, we had breaking news that Auburn was set to hire Bryan Harsin. And guess what........most of our fanbase said it wasn't true and was just the media BS'ing the fans. Even on this board, many of us didn't believe it for a second and said that the media was just throwing out any name they could think of to pile on the debacle. 

There's a reason Kiffin and Freeze are always the top 2 candidates you hear when any SEC team has an opening. But it's kinda funny how Freeze has never gotten any of these jobs and Kiffin never seems to get these jobs either. Maybe Cohen isn't an idiot like alot of our fans say he is tonight and we should learn from our past to have patience and not believe every little thing media is putting out. And I'm talking about myself as well.

Not a single person believed Brian Kelly would leave a Notre Dame team that was possibly headed to the playoffs but he came out of nowhere when LSU announced his hiring. Harsin came out of nowhere. Chizik as well. Even Cohen himself kinda came from nowhere because the media all said Hartwell was a lock. 

I still trust John Cohen to find the right coach. He hasn't given us ANY reason to think he won't get the right guy. Robert's, Cohen, McGlynn, the BOT and boosters haven't mentioned a word to anybody what's going on. It's all media speculation. 

Relax and be patient. WDE

2 minutes ago, smackydoodle said:

"Noone is ridiculing people for expressing their opinion, unless in fact that opinion is a pure meltdown..."

Ive been here most of the day and that's just not true. Someone said I'd be a HF fan if he won 10 games next year, to which I said no I wouldn't. That snowballed into me being irrelevant, whining, no morals, I'm sanctimonious, I'm not a true Christian (?), I'm crying, making up things.... Talk about melt downs lol

I agree, they melted on you buddy, and then deflected... which is the purpose of this post the whole "mob mentality" of my way or nothing is preposterous... 

Morally, I don't like Hugh's decisions...

As a Christian I do believe in repentance and if he truly has and changed his ways (I know the whole DM thing about his boss) then I would be willing to give him a little rope. But it would be SHORT....

I really don't think he is the man though.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

This board was losing their minds exactly 2 years ago as well. According to media, even Auburn's own media guys, we had just gotten turned down in an interview by Bill Freakin' Clark. Add him to the list of Cristobal, Sarkisian, Venables, Elliott, Napier, Freeze and Kiffin. The media, including our own Auburn beat writers, were telling the fans that all of these candidates were turning us down because of the boosters making demands to run the program. People were walking away from being Auburn fans, giving up because it will always be JABA. Remember all that? The threads are easy to find here in case you don't remember.

Out of nowhere, we had breaking news that Auburn was set to hire Bryan Harsin. And guess what........most of our fanbase said it wasn't true and was just the media BS'ing the fans. Even on this board, many of us didn't believe it for a second and said that the media was just throwing out any name they could think of to pile on the debacle. 

There's a reason Kiffin and Freeze are always the top 2 candidates you hear when any SEC team has an opening. But it's kinda funny how Freeze has never gotten any of these jobs and Kiffin never seems to get these jobs either. Maybe Cohen isn't an idiot like alot of our fans say he is tonight and we should learn from our past to have patience and not believe every little thing media is putting out. And I'm talking about myself as well.

Not a single person believed Brian Kelly would leave a Notre Dame team that was possibly headed to the playoffs but he came out of nowhere when LSU announced his hiring. Harsin came out of nowhere. Chizik as well. Even Cohen himself kinda came from nowhere because the media all said Hartwell was a lock. 

I still trust John Cohen to find the right coach. He hasn't given us ANY reason to think he won't get the right guy. Robert's, Cohen, McGlynn, the BOT and boosters haven't mentioned a word to anybody what's going on. It's all media speculation. 

Relax and be patient. WDE

See my other responses,  this whole thread is a joke... I have repeatedly said that the gang (Cohen, Rich, Roberts) have not released anything. In JC's opening presser he said " no timetable and only "the gang" will be involved... until they announce Danny I will not believe it... in the meantime I am gonna round everybody up to the $stow and have a party 🥳 

2 minutes ago, Taker said:

I agree, they melted on you buddy, and then deflected... which is the purpose of this post the whole "mob mentality" of my way or nothing is preposterous... 

Morally, I don't like Hugh's decisions...

As a Christian I do believe in repentance and if he truly has and changed his ways (I know the whole DM thing about his boss) then I would be willing to give him a little rope. But it would be SHORT....

I really don't think he is the man though.

Yeah I feel ya. Some of it was fun, I must admit. I think I responded to something you said earlier today in a thread that got nuked and I never saw if you responded lol

Anyways, nothing is impossible he could come here, turn into a legend off the field for good reasons. Whatever is best for AU is all I care about.

5 minutes ago, eagle12 said:

If you like loosing out on coaches and most of the games in a season then you are asinine ! They are not going to a bowl they are in the dumps. I have the right to complain. They get paid money and a lot to do this job. 

Loose - not firmly or tightly fixed in place; detached or able to be detached.

"Loosen" up a little bit. Did you expect a name announced as coverage of the IB concluded? Be realistic 

Just now, smackydoodle said:

Yeah I feel ya. Some of it was fun, I must admit. I think I responded to something you said earlier today in a thread that got nuked and I never saw if you responded lol

Anyways, nothing is impossible he could come here, turn into a legend off the field for good reasons. Whatever is best for AU is all I care about.

Facts!!! I truly hope that if he does in fact come here it is the resurrection that he and we all need alla Bruce pearl... a real Auburn Man interested in more than W/L's on the field but also W/L's in life also... 

But with that said I don't want him if he is going to be a detriment 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Thats going to make a bad story. Meeting at the Dollar General.

It's sarcasm. He's making a joke of the idiots wanting to fire Cohen when there hasn't even been a hire made. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TeamZero77 said:

It's sarcasm. He's making a joke of the idiots wanting to fire Cohen when there hasn't even been a hire made. 

77 I knew I loved you! You get me

20 minutes ago, Taker said:

See my other responses,  this whole thread is a joke... I have repeatedly said that the gang (Cohen, Rich, Roberts) have not released anything. In JC's opening presser he said " no timetable and only "the gang" will be involved... until they announce Danny I will not believe it... in the meantime I am gonna round everybody up to the $stow and have a party 🥳 

I knew the thread was just a joke but I was talking about how 2 years ago, everybody here believed the media and some fans here actually said they were quitting Auburn as a fan because the boosters ruined our program. They believed the Bill Clark rumor that he turned us down, etc. Wound up it was all BS by the media and we hired a guy (Harsin) that not a single person had in the mix. We are seeing 2020 play out again on this board.

1 hour ago, Taker said:

We are meeting up at the dollar general just off campus to make a walk over to Cohens house to demand an answer on what is going on with this coaching search! If you don't come with us then you don't love AUBURN or Your kids.

Screenshot_20221126_194701.jpg

This makes as much sense as a poopy flavored lollipop....lol