Who will be the coordinators for CHF? Position coaches?

GAAubie

3 hours ago, shabby said:

Since Freeze will be calling the plays I think promoting Cadillac to offensive coordinator would be a smart choice

super idea

• Like 1

I’m seeing that there’s interest from Chris Kiffin, previous d line coach at ole miss. Also Arkansas DC Barry Odom.

Edited by WFE12

4 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

I’m seeing that there’s interest from Chris Kiffin, previous d line coach at ole miss. Also Arkansas DC Barry Odom.

I like Barry Odom attacking style.

2 hours ago, SMITTY4AU said:

Has anyone heard when the presser will take place?

Tomorrow/11-28 @ 10/9 central?

14 minutes ago, Mksdvm2nd said:

Art Briles for OC. You can’t accept one and not the other, both took care of their players, both had similar past. 

Grow up. The worst part about this whole thing has been immature responses from “adult” Auburn “fans”.

OC I'd like to see Phil Longo. Believe he was CHF's OC at Ole Miss once upon a time. Garret Riley may be a pipe dream but would be a heck of a coach. 

Barry Odom would be a great DC for us. I would not be upset at all if we gave Ron Roberts at Baylor a call. I don't think he gets enough credit working under Dave Aranda. 

38 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

Grow up. The worst part about this whole thing has been immature responses from “adult” Auburn “fans”.

Grow up? Lol! It’s a valid point!  How can you forgive and forget one man’s past but not another? Turn a blind eye to one, but blackball the other! Doesn’t everyone deserve a 2nd chance? The same “for”arguments for Freeze, can be said about Briles. They we’re both good coaches and winners on the field, but have sketchy off the field relationships. So why can’t we be 2nd chance U? 

8 hours ago, WFE12 said:

I’ve always liked Barry Odom. He has fielded some great defensive fronts .

10 hours ago, Mksdvm2nd said:

Art Briles for OC. You can’t accept one and not the other, both took care of their players, both had similar past. 

Coach O if you can’t get Matt Luke! 

Please shut up.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mksdvm2nd said:

Grow up? Lol! It’s a valid point!  How can you forgive and forget one man’s past but not another? Turn a blind eye to one, but blackball the other! Doesn’t everyone deserve a 2nd chance? The same “for”arguments for Freeze, can be said about Briles. They we’re both good coaches and winners on the field, but have sketchy off the field relationships. So why can’t we be 2nd chance U? 

No comparison. Inform yourself. You are showing your ignorance. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, roe4christ said:

If his offense is going to be high octane and put up a lot of points, you better have a very solid defense.  I would say along the same thinking had Lane got the job.  You can't hope to outscore everyone.  Your defense should at least be able to hold SEC opponents under 21 points.  All other opponents should be under 14 points.  Knowing that your defense will likely be on the field more with such an offense, they must be sound tacklers.  They can't miss initial tackles.  Hire a defensive coordinator that is going to be aggressive and teach/expect a dog attitude out of everyone  (think Muschamp or Pruitt defenses).  Offense begins with the line.  Need to fill it with bulldozers.  What I wouldn't give to have a line that allowed as much time as Bryce Young had last week.  Possibilities would be endless.  Let's see what he comes up with.

Like others have mentioned......Caddy as OC/AC is ideal since HF will be calling the plays.  Matt Luke out of retirement to coach the OL.  Not sure who would be good as the DC.  I doubt a Muschamp or Pruitt would come here, so beyond that, I really don't know.  He must be a good one though.

This is a reasonable defensive objective regardless of the type of offense we run.  WDE

I think it important at this point to keep in mind what our “ needs” are relative to hiring staff. Need exceedingly great recruiters (not just good ones). Need great X’s and O’s position coaches. Not just coaches that “love” Auburn. UGA went after Coach Zac, not sure who else on this present staff qualifies. Understand the move with Caddy for great personal service when AU needed him.

Just now, woodford said:

Tray Scott - DL coach at Georgia. Was on Freeze’s staff at Arkansas State. 

Wow and seeing the way UGA defensive line is...would be nice.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, roe4christ said:

When do you think we will hear who his staff will be?  Surely, he has been working in hyper speed since getting the news, knowing that time is crucial.  Would it be to his advantage to get that information out to recruits and possible transfers prior to Dec. 5 or does that really matter much?  Thoughts?

I would think that several of his choices still have bowl games to go unless they leave their team early.

58 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I think it important at this point to keep in mind what our “ needs” are relative to hiring staff. Need exceedingly great recruiters (not just good ones). Need great X’s and O’s position coaches. Not just coaches that “love” Auburn. UGA went after Coach Zac, not sure who else on this present staff qualifies. Understand the move with Caddy for great personal service when AU needed him.

This!   And if Freeze is calling plays then get a OC that is a great QB developer/Awesome recruiter