2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

We ate talking about coordinators here.

Can you clarify this statement?

8 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Can you clarify this statement?

Yes, we are discussing promoting Kent Austin to OC

5 minutes ago, WarEagle231 said:

Waste Bo Nix’s talent?

Take a guy from 3k yards and 30 TDs to half of that?

Shall we keep going?

11 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Yes, we are discussing promoting Kent Austin to OC

And you comparing Freeze promoting Kent Austin to OC to Harsin promoting his guy is a lazy comparison.

6 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

And you comparing Freeze promoting Kent Austin to OC to Harsin promoting his guy is a lazy comparison.

It's nearly identical, but okay

8 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

It's nearly identical, but okay

Except Freeze has the backing of our money people.  Are you predicting Freeze will be fired by mid season?

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Are you predicting Freeze will be fired by mid season?

If he's 3-5?

fired-office.gif

Just now, jknighton said:

If he's 3-5?

fired-office.gif

Is this what you are predicting?

7 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Except Freeze has the backing of our money people.  Are you predicting Freeze will be fired by mid season?

I'm not debating that. Do I need to request you to stay on topic again? I've already clarified for you once.

Edited by W.E.D

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

Is this what you are predicting?

No, but if he follows the Harsin blueprint and is sitting at 3-5, then obviously we are not progressing. Right?

4 minutes ago, jknighton said:

If he's 3-5?

fired-office.gif

Hugh has been known to have himself some scandals. 

He's got 6 weeks to make it through and avoid taking an ill time vacation to alter the course of history 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I'm not debating that. Do I need to request you to stay on topic again? I've already clarified for you once.

Then what are you saying?  This is a bumped thread and someone thought Austin might be a good fit at OC and you compared it to a Harsin move.

1 minute ago, jknighton said:

No, but if he follows the Harsin blueprint and is sitting at 3-5, then obviously we are not progressing. Right?

Honestly, 3-5 isn't that unrealistic. 

Beat two cupcakes and one of Cal/Arky.

Lose to as a home favorite to one of the above gorgeous Hugh's annual bad loss.

Then lose to Oklahoma, UGA, Mizzou, Kentucky....all whom we'll be underdogs against. 

I think we'll be 4-4 after thwr stretch but 3-5 isn't crazy

• Like 2

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

Then what are you saying?  This is a bumped thread and someone thought Austin might be a good fit at OC and you compared it to a Harsin move.

Yes. It's pretty straightforward. Idk why you are lost. Harsin replaced his 1st OC with his follow along coach that was an off the field assistant. It's what was being suggested in the bumped post.

It's apples to apples

3 minutes ago, jknighton said:

Why would he follow the Harsin blueprint?  That blueprint got him fired.  Why not predict his firing if that’s what you foresee?

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Honestly, 3-5 isn't that unrealistic. 

Beat two cupcakes and one of Cal/Arky.

Lose to as a home favorite to one of the above gorgeous Hugh's annual bad loss.

Then lose to Oklahoma, UGA, Mizzou, Kentucky....all whom we'll be underdogs against. 

I think we'll be 4-4 after thwr stretch but 3-5 isn't crazy

3-5 could easily happen and you're right 4-4 is realistic. I think 5-3 with a win over Arkansas and either Kentucky or Mizzou is what's needed to show progress. Finishing with wins over Vandy, ULM and A&M seems unfathomable, but sets the tone for a big match up in Tuscaloosa.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Take a guy from 3k yards and 30 TDs to half of that?

Shall we keep going?

Right. I’m agreeing that they wasted Bo’s talent. Kent Austin did the opposite and turned Malik Willis into an MVP.

5 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Why would he follow the Harsin blueprint?  That blueprint got him fired.  Why not predict his firing if that’s what you foresee?

No one is trying replicate Harsin, as seen by attempting to recruit.

I don't think you're doing a very good job following this conversation 

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

Obviously he would be foolish to follow that blueprint unless he wants to get paid and ruin his reputation, but you've got to admit that their 1st seasons have been eerily similar. The close Iron Bowl losses, the bowl game loss, the firing of the OC, rumors of the DC leaving, possibly promoting from within for the OC job, etc. FWIW I hope Freeze gets it turned around, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned with all that's transpired. I expected more.

5 minutes ago, jknighton said:

3-5 could easily happen and you're right 4-4 is realistic. I think 5-3 with a win over Arkansas and either Kentucky or Mizzou is what's needed to show progress. Finishing with wins over Vandy, ULM and A&M seems unfathomable, but sets the tone for a big match up in Tuscaloosa.

I think we really need to beat 3 cupcakes, Vandy, Cal, Arky.  That's the baseline, not doing that will be regression.  Mizzou is going to be really tough, possibly our 3rd hardest game....especially since it is away.  I'd love to beat either Kentucky or A&M to get to 7 wins.  Not sure which will be easier. 

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Idk why you are lost.

I now know not to take anything you say to heart.  You said I needed to stay on topic and I was on topic.

So don’t hem and haw just predict Freeze will be fired this season because he may hire Austin as his OC.  You can refer to is for eternity that you saw this coming and will solidify you as a Nostredamus.

4 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

You said I needed to stay on topic and I was on topic.

No, you kept talking about money people.  We are talking about The OC hire.

4 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

So don’t hem and haw just predict Freeze will be fired this season because he may hire Austin as his OC.

Literally no one is doing that.

6 minutes ago, jknighton said:

Obviously he would be foolish to follow that blueprint unless he wants to get paid and ruin his reputation, but you've got to admit that their 1st seasons have been eerily similar. The close Iron Bowl losses, the bowl game loss, the firing of the OC, rumors of the DC leaving, possibly promoting from within for the OC job, etc. FWIW I hope Freeze gets it turned around, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned with all that's transpired. I expected more.

There first year was similar, but with all that I have a lot more enthusiasm for the future than you and WED.  I guess I was able to manage my expectations a lot better than you two.  Only the doubtful would compare the two.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Literally no one is doing that.

30 minutes ago, jknighton said:

If he's 3-5?

fired-office.gif

Go on.