Kent Austin - hired

alabastertiger

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

There first year was similar, but with all that I have a lot more enthusiasm for the future than you and WED.  I guess I was able to manage my expectations a lot better than you two.  Only the doubtful would compare the two.

Comparing one move that would be Harsin-esque does not equal "Freeze is exactly like Harsin and will have the exact same record next year and get fired." But you know this. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, cbo said:

Comparing one move that would be Harsin-esque does not equal "Freeze is exactly like Harsin and will have the exact same record next year and get fired." But you know this. 

Yeah, I do.  And now people can see through the ridiculousness of WED’s BS.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

There first year was similar

That’s all anyone was saying . Thanks for acknowledging that. Nobody is saying they are the exact same coach or that Freeze will be fired mid season. It is really not that hard. Same overall standings, same divisional standings , both replaced their hand picked OC. Doesn’t mean Freeze will fail. 

• Like 1

Just now, DAG said:

That’s all anyone was saying .

No it isn’t. They are implying the same results, they are just too afraid to predict it.  All they want to do is muck rake.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Go on.

Well I'm not and I believe that was a bit tongue and cheek 

Just now, W.E.D said:

Well I'm not and I believe that was a bit tongue and cheek 

Just fact checking.

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

No it isn’t. They are implying the same results, they are just too afraid to predict it.  All they want to do is muck rake.

That's you assuming (making an ass out of u) and projecting.  I think we got 6-6 or 7-5 this year.  I think we get much better in 25.

• Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

14 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

You must've missed where I said FWIW I hope Freeze does well, but it's all good.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

52 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Just fact checking.

Calm down little fella. You don't have any authority here

• Haha 2

I do. Stop the bickering and back on topic everyone. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, WarTim said:

I do. Stop the bickering and back on topic everyone. 

Hells yeah!   I can’t even get a smart comment in here edgewise!  Shut this down!  

43 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You get one post in this thread and the mods show up.  You're running around with a damn beacon your back

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

You get one post in this thread and the mods show up.  You're running around with a damn beacon your back

It's all in my head. They don't ever think about me!

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

It's nearly identical, but okay

I agree W.E.D. HF, outside of recruiting has impressed me less than BH. I just don’t see HF as near an intense enough coach so far. Example: Dan Campbell of the Detroit Lions, that’s a true motivator, be if by fear or just good true coaching. With the NIL, you just can’t build a program through HS recruits. There is always a one year and transfer possibility. I honestly don’t expect HF to be, even as successful as GM was or actually wasn’t. College Football is truly ruined. Great programs can hang and adjust, but we are very far removed from a great program. This is College Football now. It sux. 

• Facepalm 1

😂

Edited by cole256
Caught myself caring. My bad
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

I agree W.E.D. HF, outside of recruiting has impressed me less than BH. I just don’t see HF as near an intense enough coach so far. Example: Dan Campbell of the Detroit Lions, that’s a true motivator, be if by fear or just good true coaching. With the NIL, you just can’t build a program through HS recruits. There is always a one year and transfer possibility. I honestly don’t expect HF to be, even as successful as GM was or actually wasn’t. College Football is truly ruined. Great programs can hang and adjust, but we are very far removed from a great program. This is College Football now. It sux. 

Thanks, Boomer. 

• Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

😂

S’okay.  Caring is sharing.  Or something like that. 

2 minutes ago, Ausburn2 said:

Wrong timing

Seems to be a theme. Both here and the athletic department. 

9 hours ago, cole256 said:

Take your own advice, "little fella".

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1