2023 3* IOL Conner Lew Flips from Miami to AU!

Sizzle

Somebody Go ahead and put this in the rivals section. Ashes to ashes dust to dust 

Edited by Sizzle

• Sizzle changed the title to 4 star IOL Connor Lew. Commits to Miami || out of Auburn’s control

I don’t care who the coach is, the inability to sign a reasonable OL class for 7-8 straight years is just mind-boggling. The fact that this is carrying over from one coaching regime to another is really hard for me to understand. Just one good class of 4-5 guys that stick and contribute (of the non-LS variety)would sure be nice….

Need some new chefs in the cafeteria or something. As some would say, food is the way to the heart for some. And I'm only half kidding. 😅

I don’t care who the coach is, the inability to sign a reasonable OL class for 7-8 straight years is just mind-boggling. The fact that this is carrying over from one coaching regime to another is really hard for me to understand. Just one good class of 4-5 guys that stick and contribute (of the non-LS variety)would sure be nice….

This is literally all that needs to be said here. It sucked before, it sucks now. It makes no sense. 

• Love 1

Are you always a troll, or do you save it for AUFamily?

I’m not gonna even unhide his replies. Not worth my time, to read through the drivel spewing forth. 

• Like 1

Someone please explain what "out of Auburn's control" means.  I don't understand.

It's our own version of lack of institutional control- we've apparently put ourselves on probation for signing O-Linemen. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's our own version of lack of institutional control- we've apparently put ourselves on probation for signing O-Linemen. 

The professional AU "insiders" have taken it on the chin for about a year now. "Out of Auburn's control" is the latest, and easily the weakest, excuse they are trotting out. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

The professional AU "insiders" have taken it on the chin for about a year now. "Out of Auburn's control" is the latest, and easily the weakest, excuse they are trotting out. 

Never has the saying "believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see" ever been more appropriate. 

• Like 1

Someone please explain what "out of Auburn's control" means.  I don't understand.

It means he doesn’t like us and there’s nothing we can do about it. Rather than admit they were wrong, people are using this phrase to state the obvious in a new way.

Edited by Potatooooooes!!
  • Like 2

Yours is the claim that is easily dis proven. Name the year we ran out of O-line guys under Gus. It didn't happen. His O-line recruiting, while not good, was never as bad as Harsin's has been. What you are attempting to do is blame Gus for failures that happened after he was no longer at Abuurn, which is absurd.

scrubs-dr-cox.gif.ba0044a98e67fbdd6863218cefb269aa.gif

@provibeIf you get tired of using that "dislike" reaction, here's another way to do it: :thumbsdown: Now you don't have to be so boring with just one way to illustrate your displeasure. Hey, who loves ya'? :thumbsup:

jessferg-r2.gif.8426e974c753719fa9627e13acc30d73.gif

• Love 1

• augolf1716 changed the title to 4 star IOL Connor Lew. Commits to Miami

Beyond our control almost feels like a family decision or promise from the looks of things.  Hate it we missed him. Just hope we put bodies on the field at least and work on upgrading as we can. 

Beyond our control almost feels like a family decision or promise from the looks of things.  Hate it we missed him. Just hope we put bodies on the field at least and work on upgrading as we can. 

Yes it does. I wonder how long our recruiters have been aware of this situation?

Yes it does. I wonder how long our recruiters have been aware of this situation?

One can hope they did but tried to convince him anyways.  Or not impossible that maybe he wanted to come to Auburn but was encouraged to choose legacy instead. Water under bridge at this point. Find someone that can help us. 

If you are an Auburn insider and you make a statement like it was Out of our Control that should mean you know what was Out of our Control. How can you make that statement without knowing what the reason was.  So whoever made that statement please clarify what was Out of our Control. 

• Sizzle changed the title to 4 star IOL Connor Lew flips to Auburn

It happened again.

Auburn flipped another offensive lineman, the second one in two days. announced his flip to Auburn on Tuesday, after taking his second official visit to Auburn over the weekend.

The 6-foot-3 lineman had been committed to Miami since early August, before the Tigers flipped him with just under two weeks to go until early signing day.

Connor Lew flipped from Miami to Auburn on Tuesday.
Connor Lew flipped from Miami to Auburn on Tuesday.

Lew took an official visit to Auburn back in the summer and later named the Tigers among his top four schools, along with Miami, Clemson and Georgia.

He committed to Miami in August and it appeared as if that was that. Then Hugh Freeze arrived.

Less than two weeks after Freeze took over the program, the Kennesaw, Ga., native decided to take a second official visit. It seems that official visit sold Lew on what the Freeze is working to build, as he committed two days following his official visit.

Auburn's flight program also doesn't hurt either, as Lew is looking to become a pilot following his football career.

aar.png

6'3" | 281 lbs | C | 2023

Lew is rated as the No. 7 center, according to Rivals, and is the second center in the class, along with . He also joins and on the offensive line, which now has four commits in the 2023 class.

The 6-foot-3 lineman spent time with Wedin and Johnson over the weekend, as all three were on their official visits. Johnson flipped his commitment from Texas Tech on Sunday morning and Lew followed suit a couple days later.

Auburn now has the No. 40 class in the Rivals rankings, good for 12th-best in the SEC.

Edited by toddc