2023 3* IOL Conner Lew Flips from Miami to AU!

Sizzle

“I’m looking at the pro flight major,”“For me, education is going to play a big part in this whole process. Because Auburn has that, they definitely stick out. Definitely the pro-flight major is big for me.”

So glad we have this major. I think we have had a couple players wanting to be pilots, if my memory is correct.

On 8/5/2022 at 6:35 PM, Sizzle said:

Somebody Go ahead and put this in the rivals section. Ashes to ashes dust to dust 

This aged like a gallon of old milk out on a hot summer day 😂

3 minutes ago, WVR said:

“I’m looking at the pro flight major,”“For me, education is going to play a big part in this whole process. Because Auburn has that, they definitely stick out. Definitely the pro-flight major is big for me.”

So glad we have this major. I think we have had a couple players wanting to be pilots, if my memory is correct.

We had the pro flight major when Harsin was here. It’s amazing what a good coach who’s a relentless recruiter can do! BTW, anyone heard from Viper lately?

• Haha 4

So, just so I have this straight now (so many pieces to keep track of)

We have:   2023 OL HS commitments from....Weden, Joyner, Johnson and Lew  (4 total)

2023 OL JUCO commitment from .......Jatta

2023 OL Transfer Portal commitments from.....???

How many more OL HS commitments do we want this cycle?  Do we want any more JUCO commitments, or do we plan on filling the remaining needs on the line with portal transfers?  How many portal transfers do you think we need?

12 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Just starting

Being serious here....I've seen you and bird both tonight say just getting started... Can y'all let us in on a few of these upcoming recruiting nuggets coming up?? Like who's next??

1 minute ago, ArgoEagle said:

Being serious here....I've seen you and bird both tonight say just getting started... Can y'all let us in on a few of these upcoming recruiting nuggets coming up?? Like who's next??

Kind of unfair to ask that of them.   This board rips into anyone that posts something that doesn't come to fruition.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Trust the process...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Kind of unfair to ask that of them.   This board rips into anyone that posts something that doesn't come to fruition.

Well I'm not one of them. I asked a straight up question and if they don't want to or can't answer, all they have to do is say so & no hard feelings.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roe4christ said:

We have:   2023 OL HS commitments from....Weden, Joyner, Johnson and Lew  (4 total)

How many more OL HS commitments do we want this cycle?  Do we want any more JUCO commitments, or do we plan on filling the remaining needs on the line with portal transfers?  How many portal transfers do you think we need?

All of them because we are becoming an OL football team with no other positions just OL with a long snapper.  😁

Edited by autiger88
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, WVR said:

First let me give this kid a big WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!  And a shout out to all the coaches  for going out and getting some freaking Offensive Linemen!!

I got the important stuff out of the way   Now I am trying to wrap my head around what just happened here.

So he’s Playing a position that we are in dire need of. He is focused on his education. AU has the major that the kid wants. We make his final 4. With some serious heavyweights. And Coach Jack Ass Still could not close the deal? 

And we owe that man money?!?!?!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

I haven't read through the comments about Lew, so it may have already been said in here but anytime you flip an O-Lineman from Mario Cristobal at Miami, you've earned your paycheck!!!! That is Cristobal's bread and butter is recruiting O-Lineman so this really excites me to steal a commit of his. 

Some have him listed as a 4 star and I've also seen 3 star listed for him. It doesn't matter to me right now because we need bodies on the O-Line so the more, the merrier!!! He could be graded as a 2 star for all I care, this class and next will be about getting our numbers up on both the offensive and defensive line's and getting some depth as well. Cristobal knows a talented O-Lineman when he sees one so I think this Lew kid will be fine for us!! WDE

Edited by TeamZero77
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, roe4christ said:

Jatta hasn’t committed. 

yet. 

2 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

It's part of the appeal. Come here and play O line, and you get to run the ball too.

Or Come here and play O line, you get to play (because there is no one in front of you). 

Edited by gr82b4au

10 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

Can't get specific but you've seen what this HC change has already accomplished in recruiting in such a small amount of time. Truly remarkable imo especially the number of flips from other schools that just doesn't happen that often..................

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

Cristobal knows a talented O-Lineman when he sees one so I think this Lew kid will be fine for us!! WDE

6 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

anytime you flip an O-Lineman from Mario Cristobal at Miami, you've earned your paycheck!!!! That is Cristobal's bread and butter is recruiting O-Lineman so this really excites me to steal a commit of his. 

Completely agree.......

9 hours ago, Chaotic_zx said:

Bringing it back. 

giphy.gif

Get that outta here! NO NO NO!!! 

Also if I never hear the phrase “Just Watch” it will be too soon.  

Anything Harsin used should be thrown in a grungy toilet at Harry’s and flushed twice to Tuscaloosa.  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Can't get specific but you've seen what this HC change has already accomplished in recruiting in such a small amount of time. Truly remarkable imo especially the number of flips from other schools that just doesn't happen that often..................

Fair enough... Freeze was my choice since the night Liberty beat Arkansas... I wanted them to fire Harsin and then be standing there with the check book at the end of that game.. I knew he would do great things here... I appreciate the work y'all do here....I am a novice when it comes to recruiting....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

Anything Harsin used should be thrown in a grungy toilet at Harry’s and flushed twice to Tuscaloosa.  

Harsin didn't come up with it though. The Auburn meme army did as far as I know. He kind of glommed on to it though. 

2 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

I hope Harsin can't sleep on all that lumpy money

• Haha 1