2023 3* IOL Conner Lew Flips from Miami to AU!

Sizzle

Jeffrey Lee has said something has changed and he is predicting Lew to Miami now. Said it is things out of AU's control whatever that means. 

What the heck does that even mean? How could it possibly be out of AUs control? If we got out-bid then it is what it is. Doesn't make it out of our control. 

• Like 2

What the heck does that even mean? How could it possibly be out of AUs control? If we got out-bid then it is what it is. Doesn't make it out of our control. 

I thought the same thing.

If only Bill Taylor had stayed...

I agree. We'd be in a lot better shape than we are after a couple years of Harsin's recruiting..

I agree. We'd be in a lot better shape than we are after a couple years of Harsin's recruiting..

JD.gif.ca9e296ab3608a9967af644d2e32ab90.gif

• Love 1
  • Sad 1

Don't you understand, 8 years of laughably bad OL recruiting should've automatically be fixed after ~20 months. 

Normally after coaching changes there are players in the wings so that the transition doesn't have to be so frenetic. Look at are OL roster make up...8 super seniors and the rest are freshman and sophomores. Where are the previous classes?

@bigbird   You missed a couple of juniors, K. Jones and T. Johnson. They are part of the previous classes.

Harsin is lucky the virus gave some an extra year. Otherwise he'd really have AU up the creek.

A goodly number of those freshmen and sophs you mention as being on the roster are walkons.  Where are the O-line scholarship freshmen and sophs recruited by Harsin? (He's signed only one each year) Where are the O-line guys Harsin brought in through the portal? (He's got zero through the portal.) He can't live off Gus's recruits forever, next year with just a few exceptions he'll have to use his own recruits and so far they are mighty scarce.

• Haha 3
  • Facepalm 1

@bigbird   You missed a couple of juniors, K. Jones and T. Johnson. They are part of the previous classes.

Harsin is lucky the virus gave some an extra year. Otherwise, Gus would really have AU up the creek.

A goodly number of those freshmen and sophs you mention as being on the roster are walkons.  Where are the O-line scholarship freshmen and sophs recruited by Harsin? (He's signed only one each year) Where are the O-line guys Harsin brought in through the portal? (He's got zero through the portal.) He can't live off Gus's recruits forever, next year with just a few exceptions he'll have to use his own recruits and so far they are mighty scarce.

200.gif.58a7f32a2b8d2d665179d41323d835e7.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Harsin is lucky the virus gave some an extra year. Otherwise he'd really have AU up the creek.

3.gif.91e04ceada5dc91e1ed599ff32a60c7a.gif

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

Quoting Didba: "Harsin is lucky the virus gave some an extra year. Otherwise, Gus would really have AU up the creek."

No, if Gus were still at AU, he'd have had O-line guys coming on. He always did. The O-line recruiting numbers fell off to nothing after Harsin took over.

• Haha 5
  • Facepalm 2
  • Dislike 1

Don't have a clue.....That is what the man said. I am just relaying. I figure NIL but JL also normally would say if it was NIL so no clue on this one.

Don't you understand, 8 years of laughably bad OL recruiting should've automatically be fixed after ~20 months. 

Normally after coaching changes there are players in the wings so that the transition doesn't have to be so frenetic. Look at are OL roster make up...8 super seniors and the rest are freshman and sophomores. Where are the previous classes?

Could not agree more. This has been a systematic problem for many years. 

I did not think it could get any worse that the last staff. 
Well so far…

Could not agree more. This has been a systematic problem for many years. 

I did not think it could get any worse that the last staff. 
Well so far…

Yep, but It's not there yet. Two classes with undersigned OL is still better than 6...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Oh okay...so, two and neither an OT

Thanks for clarifying.

• Like 1

Lew to Miami I fear.

As mentioned before it's been made clear the reason for this shift is out of Auburn's control. Sucks but on to the next one.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Lew to Miami I fear.

As mentioned before it's been made clear the reason for this shift is out of Auburn's control. Sucks but on to the next one.

That ‘next one’ list contracts daily. Hard to comprehend how we got here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As mentioned before it's been made clear the reason for this shift is out of Auburn's control. 

What does this mean?

• Like 1

What does this mean?

Good question. Can't get a clear answer myself.

Lew to Miami I fear.

Can u share the reason? Oops sorry

Edited by NWALA Tiger

That ‘next one’ list contracts daily. Hard to comprehend how we got here. 

We’re apparently now a D3 school/community college that has to use one field for almost every sport. 🙄

Edited by AUwent
  • Haha 1

pinocchio-nose.gif

@bigbird  Don't like reality, do you? Let's see then: According to the roster provided by AUTigers.com, we have 13 scholarship O-linemen on the team. Ten of them are Malzahn recruits. Harsin has had 20 months to address this situation but so far he's signed only three O-line guys and one of them was committed to AU before Harsin was hired. That's clearly worse than what Gus was doing.

The people deserving a Pinocchio award are those who deny facts and claim O-line numbers and O-line recruiting aren't worse now than they were three years ago.

I miss the days when we had no idea who the pick was until the actual announcement. Not much excitement these days with commitments when you may know hours/days in advance. 

• Like 1

What does this mean?

Agree. This “out of our control” thing from these websites is tough to swallow. 

Is it because the NIL at Auburn is not up to par and does not have enough money to compete? Well that is on Auburn for not having our crap together and not having the foresight to see that this was going to be an issue a year ago. The AD, the coach, the boosters- not on the same page. Auburn problem. 
Is it because Miami hired a coach who is his position coach and is a better recruiter at this point? Well that is on Auburn. We had our chance to hire anyone. 

Is it because our o line coach cannot recruit? Well that is on Auburn for hiring him/keeping him if he can’t get the job done. 
Is it because the incoming players think that Harsin will be out after this year? Well that is on Auburn for hiring him and then launching an internal inquiry in his first year that went national and resulted in…  nothing but embarrassment for everyone. 

We have controlled the narrative on all of these things. The problem is we &hit the bed. 
We will never succeed unless the athletic department and the boosters and the coaches and the media that covers Auburn are all on the same page. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2