Uniforms

Aubie7

No uniform change. Not now, not ever. We already have the best uniforms in College Football :au: . Why fix what is not broken?

p.s. If somebody breaks out the "orange jersey" thing, my head may explode. :blink:

No uniform change. Not now, not ever. We already have the best uniforms in College Football :au: . Why fix what is not broken?

p.s. If somebody breaks out the "orange jersey" thing, my head may explode. :blink:

173314[/snapback]

I'm with you. I was afraid thats where this thread was going and just had to be sure! :blink:

...... I think the navy pants, with a white jersey would look great! But not on all away games, just one or two. 

YUCK! White jerseys with with blue pants: I can think of Duke, Kentucky, BYU and a hundred high schools. Also, no shiny pants either.

Guest Tigrinum Major

173314[/snapback]

Agreed. While some older unis are badly in need of modernization (Penn State, Alabama, Nebraska), some unis, such as Auburn, Southern Cal, Choklahome, LSU stand the test of time.

That new crap like Oregon's is just sickening.

173314[/snapback]

Agreed. While some older unis are badly in need of modernization (Penn State, Alabama, Nebraska), some unis, such as Auburn, Southern Cal, Choklahome, LSU stand the test of time.

That new crap like Oregon's is just sickening.

173319[/snapback]

Speaking of those bad uniforms (PSU, UAT, UN), it is amazing that they are constantly listed in the top of the rankings as the best looking ones.

The unifroms at Penn State are part of the tradition of that school. Growing up in the area, it was taught to me that the uniforms are plain to propmote team work, and not individuality. I like the concept, and can't picture Penn State in anything besides what they have.

I'm going against the grain here. While I think our home uni's are the cleanest in all of sports, I've long since thought our road gear needed spicing up. They still look like what we wore in 60'. Nothing drastic but a little updating would be cool. Maybe try the blue pants on the road for one game or possibly a solid orange stripe on the pants and jersey.

Oh man, listen to me. I'm accessorizing. :blink: Possibly a nice Gucci hanbag and some blue pumps after Labor Day. You should never wear all white after Labor Day, especially if you're using the blue face masks. It would clash girl.

173314[/snapback]

What orange jersey thing? :big:

I'm going against the grain here.  While I think our home uni's are the cleanest in all of sports, I've long since thought our road gear needed spicing up.  They still look like what we wore in 60'.  Nothing drastic but a little updating would be cool.  Maybe try the blue pants on the road for one game or possibly a solid orange stripe on the pants and jersey.

Oh man, listen to me.  I'm accessorizing.  :blink:   Possibly a nice Gucci hanbag and some blue pumps after Labor Day.  You should never wear all white after Labor Day, especially if you're using the blue face masks.  It would clash girl.

173325[/snapback]

I hear that since the GT game is so big that Tubby might break out the old orange jersey for the first night game in two years....It will surely shock the GT team into submission

173314[/snapback]

I agree 100%, but I think Aubie7 was only talking about practice gear.

[P.S. Leave :ut: jerseys in Knoxville where they belong! ...and let's never speak of this again! :angry: ]

I'm going against the grain here.  While I think our home uni's are the cleanest in all of sports, I've long since thought our road gear needed spicing up.  They still look like what we wore in 60'.  Nothing drastic but a little updating would be cool.  Maybe try the blue pants on the road for one game or possibly a solid orange stripe on the pants and jersey.

Oh man, listen to me.  I'm accessorizing.  :blink:   Possibly a nice Gucci hanbag and some blue pumps after Labor Day.  You should never wear all white after Labor Day, especially if you're using the blue face masks.  It would clash girl.

173325[/snapback]

Next thing you know, you'll want the games played on Lifetime. :P

Guest Tigrinum Major

173325[/snapback]

And you should never wear Crimson, anytime, anywhere, for any reason.

What has gotten into you, esquire? "Queer Eye for the South Alabama Lawyer Guy"?

Guest Tigrinum Major

Re: Auburn's Uniforms

In the words of Phyllis from Mulga: "Leave 'em...the hell...alone...peepulllllllllll!"

About 2 months ago I recommended a 2 week ban for anyone suggesting we wear the orange jerseys. Looks like some folks are getting very close to that line! :):P

Re: Auburn's Uniforms

In the words of Phyllis from Mulga:  "Leave 'em...the hell...alone...peepulllllllllll!"

173352[/snapback]

OOOO PLEEAASSEEE!!!!

First we're quoting "The Bear" on the front page of WEN

(Sorry David but it makes me want to puke everytime I see it) :puke:

and now we quote PHYLLIS. :angry:

UGHHHHH!

Come on guys we have to do better than this.

(Maybe I am just PMSing?) :D

Guest Tigrinum Major

Not PMSing, just in severe NIP withdrawal.

But fear not, it will be here before we know it and then shortly thereafter, the mighty Auburn Tigers will takle the field once again.

I agree that the team should try the Blue Pants\White shirts for a road game. If it looks good and we win the game then we can do it again. Most teams have several variations of their uniforms, so why don't we? Keep the current blue home uniforms, keep the current white road uniforms, but then sprinkle in a little blue pants\white shirts uniform. I created an Auburn team on the Playstation NCAA 2006 game, and I made the road uniforms with blue pants and white shirts and it looks great. I struggled with the stripe on the blue pants though. What would the stripe look like? Should the stripe be white-orange-white, or orange-white-orange? On the video game it looked the best with just solid blue pants, no stripe. I think that the second best looking was blue pants with a "white-orange-white" stripe.

War Eagle

Tiger Kent

I have been a long time reader to this forum but I had never posted anything before. I check this site everyday to see what is going on in Auburn-Land.

I showed Tubbs a pic of the blue pants\white shirts uniform at Fan day last year and he said that it looked good, but that is all that he said. Someone should post a picture of the blue pants\white shirts uniform. Any artists out there?

Everywhere we go...

People want to know...

Who we are...

So we tell them...

We are Tigers...

Mighty, mighty Tigers!

Welcome Tiger Kent. Post often.

WAR :au: EAGLE ! ! !

173314[/snapback]

I agree with you WarTim we do have the best uniforms period, remember when little Terry changed them :no: and everybody thru a fit because no body like them.

( On the orange jersey ) Has every body forgoten the Barfield years? He brought them out for :au: vs :uga: game one time to shock :uga: and also do ya'll remember how we were did during those painful years.

Archived