Uniforms

Aubie7

Thanks for the Welcome guys. It's great to be an Auburn Tiger!

I do not advocate changing the uniforms at all, but I would like to add the blue pants variation.

Things that suck:

(1) When Terry Bowden added the orange around the numbers.

(2) The orange jerseys that Barfield made us wear.

(3) The orange face masks.

Things that rock out loud:

(1) Switching to black shoes

(2) Dark Helmet Visors

(3) When the players wear the blue long sleeves on cold days

I was at the Barfield - Orange Jersey game, and I thought that another team was coming out of Auburn's locker room. I think we were playing Georgia that day. It was very strange.

Well, you know that the Nip is just around the corner. We have had the Uniform/Orange Jersey thread again.

If i see a thread about uniforms then I expect to see mentions of orange jerseys...and anybody who gets mad about that should obviously avoid threads on here clearly listed "uniforms"...It is funny to me...a joke...because the first time I saw the topic here a couple years ago I actually thought it might happen.

Well, you know that the Nip is just around the corner. We have had the Uniform/Orange Jersey thread again.

173420[/snapback]

Uggh...please don't put it that way.

People might start bring up the "jerseys-that-shall-not-be-named" (or JTSNBN) in the false hope that doing so will somehow hasten the arrival of the Nip!

In the first few years of Tuberville's tenure I often heard rumors of orange jerseys. My guess is they were based on his love of orange. He's always encouraging everyone to "wear their orange".

I have a funny story about the issue of blue pants. My brother was a walk on for Auburn and in 1992 some players came to Coach Dye wanting some uniform changes. They wanted black shoes, their names on the back, and blue pants. If anyone remember prior to 1992 Auburn wore white shoes and did not have their names on the back. He agreed to those two but would not give in to the blue pants. He said " I'm not getting any %#@*@%^ blue pants."

4 or 5 weeks back a joke article was posted about Auburn phasing out the current uniforms and had pic's of the "new" ones in each phase, does anyone still have it or a link to the post?

on a side note the blue pants would look good I think with the white for road games. NO way we need to do anything with the home uniform's.

The uniform should fit the school. Oregon's unis are perfect for a flakey west coast team needing a gimmick like...Oregon. Miami NEEDS a flashy uniform because they cultivate their renegade image. Penn state's are perfect for JoePa U. School's w/ mega-tradition (Notre Dame, USC, Michigan) should be kicked out of the game if they change their unis. The WORST thing to do is change your school uniform so it looks like another team's. With all the fuss about school mascots (e.g. FSU) and big-dog wannabe's changing conferences (e.g. Boston College), look for many schools in the next couple years (especially those that suck on the gridiron) to have MAJOR image make-overs, including some uni changes.

The uniform should fit the school. Oregon's unis are perfect for a flakey west coast team needing a gimmick like...Oregon. Miami NEEDS a flashy uniform because they cultivate their renegade image. Penn state's are perfect for JoePa U. School's w/ mega-tradition (Notre Dame, USC, Michigan) should be kicked out of the game if they change their unis. The WORST thing to do is change your school uniform so it looks like another team's. With all the fuss about school mascots (e.g. FSU) and big-dog wannabe's changing conferences (e.g. Boston College), look for many schools in the next couple years (especially those that suck on the gridiron) to have MAJOR image make-overs, including some uni changes.

173501[/snapback]

:clap: Well put! Some of the gawdy looking uniforms teams are hitting the field with today are a disgrace to the school, a disgrace to even Oregon.

Leave the :au: uniforms alone, they are the sharpest in the nation in my opinion....especially the away jerseys. Don't tinker with perfection.

BTW, blue pants would be hideous. :puke:

I just got some info. The white practice jerseys were a change mandated by nothing more sinister than the hot weather.

Hurry up NIP!!!!!

No uniform change. Not now, not ever. We already have the best uniforms in College Football :au: . Why fix what is not broken?

p.s. If somebody breaks out the "orange jersey" thing, my head may explode. :blink:

173314[/snapback]

Just for You

OrangeProgram.jpg

173501[/snapback]

Our white jersey and helment with blue face mask, with blue pants, would not look like anyone else's in the country. BYU was mentioned earlier, but their blue is different. It would totally be a new look, and becasue it is Auburn it would be unique. :au:

No uniform change. Not now, not ever. We already have the best uniforms in College Football :au: . Why fix what is not broken?

p.s. If somebody breaks out the "orange jersey" thing, my head may explode. :blink:

173314[/snapback]

Just for You

OrangeProgram.jpg

173524[/snapback]

I was there that day! What an AUsome sight! The crowd went wild!! Bring 'em back!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer::cheer::au:

Guest Tigrinum Major
I was there that day! What an AUsome sight! The crowd went wild!! Bring 'em back!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer:   :cheer:   :au:

173529[/snapback]

And then UT proceeded to kill us, by a score of 42-0, I do believe.

I do not believe in luck, but why bring back what may or may not have been some bad mojo. Don't mess with a good thing.

One thing I would like to know: where did the picture on the program come from? This was before photoshop and soonerfarks, so when did we wear orange jerseys before this game?

173314[/snapback]

Just for You

OrangeProgram.jpg

173524[/snapback]

I was there that day! What an AUsome sight! The crowd went wild!! Bring 'em back!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer::cheer::au:

I believe that picture was taken at the MSU game in 1979. The three times we wore orange in the era were UGA 78, MSU 79, UGA 80. The reasons I believe that the picture was taken at MSU 1979 are: The pictyure is on the cover for the 1980 SEC home opener. The MSU game was homecoming in 79 and the last game of the season in JH, you can see a large number of "Captains" going out for the coin toss at the 50. None of the '79 seniors show up in the foreground (Cribbs, Trotman, Freddie Smith, Mark Robbins) but James Brooks, Chester Willis, George peoples, Charles Thomas, Joe Sullivan do. Also, there are lots of empty seats around the bottom of the stadium. That didn't happen for UGA even in the Barfield era.

But you're right, the crowd did go crazy when Barfield broke em out against UGA in 78.

173529[/snapback]

I would say NO, but, It is difficult to type after your head has exploded. :D

Guest Tigrinum Major
Orange jerseys and orange pants with orange cleats.  Orange face masks.

yes, Yes, YEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!

BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH :demon7:  :demon7:  :big:

173597[/snapback]

You have lost it, man. Get a hold of yourself.

On a more serious note, you headed to the lovliest village for the GT game?

Archived