Any of you Republican voters agree with this?

TexasTiger

If prevents males competing with women in women sports and not allowing them in the women’s locker room, I could see it.

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

If prevents males competing with women in women sports and not allowing them in the women’s locker room, I could see it.

Government requiring menstrual records— boy, you are a big brother authoritarian aren’t you?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

Government requiring menstrual records— boy, you are a big brother authoritarian aren’t you?

You mean like the Biden administration writing EOs to allow men to compete with women?  That sort of authoritarianism?  Tell me; do you believe fully intact men should share locker rooms with women at any level of competition?  

A former college swimmer who has been outspoken in her criticism of Lia Thomas said she felt “extreme discomfort” sharing a locker room with the transgender athlete she competed against. 

Riley Gaines, who swam competitively for the University of Kentucky, told Fox News’ Tucker Carlson that she was uncomfortable changing in the same locker room as someone with “different parts” and accused organizers of failing to disclose the fact that Thomas would be using the women’s facilities. 

“That’s not something we were forewarned about, which I don’t think is right in any means, changing in a locker room with someone who has different parts,” Gaines said in an interview with the conservative talk show host.

https://nypost.com/2022/07/27/lia-thomas-competitor-riley-gaines-felt-extreme-discomfort-in-locker-room/

Tell me again how, as a man (assuming here as you don’t proclaim your gender) you refuse to protect the more vulnerable in society.  To be clear; are you alright with biological men competing in women’s sports?

What would be the best way to determine if a student that claims to be female, but is actually male, is allowed to compete as a female?

• Facepalm 1

46 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

What would be the best way to determine if a student that claims to be female, but is actually male, is allowed to compete as a female?

Instead of invasive medical questions, wouldn't just using the birth certificate suffice?  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aubobo said:

Instead of invasive medical questions, wouldn't just using the birth certificate suffice?  

The majority of the 50 states allow you to change your birth certificate gender if you are transitioning.

https://www.usbirthcertificates.com/articles/transgender-birth-certificates

Never underestimate the power of the woke, or the squishiness of some Republicans.

51 minutes ago, aubobo said:

Not intrusive enough for these bastages.

4 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Not intrusive enough for these bastages.

Is there a problem of men competing with women in women’s sports?  Do you actually have an opinion or do you just like to complain?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

You mean like the Biden administration writing EOs to allow men to compete with women?  That sort of authoritarianism?  Tell me; do you believe fully intact men should share locker rooms with women at any level of competition?  

A former college swimmer who has been outspoken in her criticism of Lia Thomas said she felt “extreme discomfort” sharing a locker room with the transgender athlete she competed against. 

Riley Gaines, who swam competitively for the University of Kentucky, told Fox News’ Tucker Carlson that she was uncomfortable changing in the same locker room as someone with “different parts” and accused organizers of failing to disclose the fact that Thomas would be using the women’s facilities. 

“That’s not something we were forewarned about, which I don’t think is right in any means, changing in a locker room with someone who has different parts,” Gaines said in an interview with the conservative talk show host.

https://nypost.com/2022/07/27/lia-thomas-competitor-riley-gaines-felt-extreme-discomfort-in-locker-room/

Tell me again how, as a man (assuming here as you don’t proclaim your gender) you refuse to protect the more vulnerable in society.  To be clear; are you alright with biological men competing in women’s sports?

No, I don’t think biological males should compete in women’s leagues/categories in sports.

No, I don’t think intact biological males should be incarcerated in women’s prisons or housed in battered women’s shelters.

No, I don’t think biological males, intact or not, who’ve been convicted of sex offenses should be incarcerated in women’s prisons.

No, I don’t think the state should demand or even inquire about a woman’s menstrual cycles.

No, I also don’t think trans-identified individuals should be subject to hatefulness or discrimination in employment or housing.

See how it’s not necessary to let one position dictate other positions?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

See how it not necessary to let one position dictate other positions?

It can be talked about.  When the dictator in chief has decreed by EO that all his subjects should comply with his ideology, more drastic measures need to be taken to right the ship.  Do you have a better way of keeping biological males from competing as females?

4 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Do you have a better way of keeping biological males from competing as females?

How about just ask?  

If this is the purpose of the menstruation questions, then how about be direct about it. One could lie just as easily about their cycles as their biological sex. 

2 minutes ago, aubobo said:

How about just ask?  

If this is the purpose of the menstruation questions, then how about be direct about it. One could lie just as easily about their cycles as their biological sex. 

Biden signed an EO to prohibit Title IX discrimination to include gender identity.  This EO is what allowed Lia Thomas to compete in the women’s NCAA swimming championship.  It is now the *right* of biological males to compete with females in women’s sports.  Thanks to COVID, Governors have found out they have more rights to govern than they thought they had in the past. 

The menstruation questions have been optional questions in the form for a couple of decades, so it’s nothing new, except now it maybe required.  And like anything else, if you are caught lying on a government form you’re toast.  If you show up in a locker room as a fully intact male and try to participate as a female, it will be obvious you lied on you form.

https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/FR-2021-03-11/pdf/2021-05200.pdf

I personally believe males should not compete against females in organized sports that can determine scholarships.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Biden signed an EO to prohibit Title IX discrimination to include gender identity.

So, the response is to discriminate on the basis of menstrual cycles?  What about a high school girl that is late to the puberty party, or has a condition that prevents menstruation? 

17 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The menstruation questions have been optional questions in the form for a couple of decades, so it’s nothing new, except now it maybe required.

BTW, a hand wave at this will just change from optional to mandatory doesn't make it any less a big change.  

17 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I personally believe males should not compete against females in organized sports that can determine scholarships.

I don't disagree, however, I think we will find that the courts find this as it's own form of Title IX discrimination and policing a young woman's menstruation history is both unnecessary and a bridge too far. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, aubobo said:

So, the response is to discriminate on the basis of menstrual cycles?  What about a high school girl that is late to the puberty party, or has a condition that prevents menstruation? 

Oh please with the one of arguments.  There will alway be exceptions, but boys don’t menstruate.  

16 minutes ago, aubobo said:

BTW, a hand wave at this will just change from optional to mandatory doesn't make it any less a big change.  

This will be temporary until we get common sense back in the country.

17 minutes ago, aubobo said:

I don't disagree, however, I think we will find that the courts find this as it's own form of Title IX discrimination and policing a young woman's menstruation history is both unnecessary and a bridge too far. 

This could very well be, but this is how the game is played now a days.

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Oh please with the one of arguments.  There will alway be exceptions, but boys don’t menstruate.  

You are aware that body fat percentage plays a vital role in the onset of puberty and menstruation.  So, under your proposal we would have disqualified most of the US Olympic women's gymnastics teams. Of course there are exceptions, but this proposal throws the baby out with the bath water.  It is no ones business but a woman and her doctor what her menstruation cycles look like. 

What you are also missing is that discrimination "now a days" is measured by a thing called disparate impact.  So from a Title IX standpoint under the current EO, all that would have to be proven is that "menstruation discrimination" = "gender identity discrimination". So now you have a distinction without a difference, but to get to that distinction you required disclosure of personal medical history to unnecessary parties.  Not to mention potential exposure of schools to HIPPA violations when the results of the questionnaire inevitably get out.

If your purpose is to protect women's rights to fair competition, then you should see that their right to keep their medical history personal should be held in equal regard.

If your purpose is to make sure Trans people don't get to compete then by all means, disregard the privacy and dignity of the women you are waving a banner for.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, aubobo said:

under your proposal

This makes everything else you wrote moot.  It’s not my proposal, it’s Florida’s. They will have to deal with your issues.

• Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

This makes everything else you wrote moot.  It’s not my proposal, it’s Florida’s. They will have to deal with your issues.

Let me restate then: Under the proposal you are defending. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

When the dictator in chief has decreed by EO that all his subjects should comply with his ideology, more drastic measures need to be taken to right the ship.

Can you quote this EO?

4 minutes ago, aubobo said:

Let me restate then: Under the proposal you are defending. 

I’m not qualified to get into the weeds with this, I trust the state of Florida has thought this out and will make any concessions that are needed.  My purpose in supporting this rule would be to protect women’s athletics, if this form is not deemed appropriate I would hope some other proposal will be put forward.  

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Can you quote this EO?

I linked it in a previous post in this thread.

These questions are already on FL high school and middle school sports physical forms. My daughter had 7 school physicals for sports. All of them had it on there. It’s nothing new. What reason would a girl have for refusing to answer? Well, if you are a boy pretending to be a girl. Birth certificates could be used if the sex/gender is identified using the aiming device vs receptacle standard. Pretty soon states will prohibit that so if a person moves to a different state he/she/it would need additional proof.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Weasel much?   :no: