Cox's weight

PowerI

I read this morning that Cox is 6'2 and 202lbs. That really scares me. I don't think 202 is near enough weight for a 6'2 quarterback. With his lack of weight a doubt he will make it through the season. He needs to be atleast 210.

:bawling:

I'm sure he'll be fine. He's got pretty good protection that will keep him from taking too many shots. If he does go down, I trust that Borges has a sound plan for Booker... who's been compared to JC.

I read this morning that Cox is 6'2 and 202lbs.  That really scares me.  I don't think 202 is near enough weight for a 6'2 quarterback.  With his lack of weight a doubt he will make it through the season.  He needs to be atleast 210.

173891[/snapback]

That's one way of looking at it. Another way is to look at the weight of the linemen in front of him: they average 318 lbs. :thumbsup: Cox has plenty of "weight" this year. :au: WDE

200-215 is about your average weight for a qb. Caddy was about 180 his freshman year....he took more hits than any qb I saw. Cox will gain weight throughout his career, hes about where he needs to be at right now.

Chris Leak 6-0, 195

DJ Shockley 6-1, 194

Blake Mitchell 6-3, 194

Erik Ainge 6-6, 212 / Rick Clausen 6-3, 198

Brodie Croyle 6-3, 205

There is no way Brodie Croyle is 6'3" 203. Hahaha I love how they list him like that. I never have weighed him but if I had to guess hes about 6'1" 185 and no more. He must have grown in height because I've never seen him listed at 6'3" before this year.

Chris Leak 6-0, 195

DJ Shockley 6-1, 194

Blake Mitchell 6-3, 194

Erik Ainge 6-6, 212 / Rick Clausen 6-3, 198

Brodie Croyle 6-3, 205

173948[/snapback]

Are these weights before or after they eat all the turf McClover & Groves are going to feed 'em?

Of course I can be wrong, but I just have a gut feeling that Cox/Borges are going to surprise a lot of people. As long as our offensive line gives him a little time (and if anyone's line can, our's can), he will find his receivers and hit them with his accuracy. Plus, how many left-handed quarterbacks are our opponents going to see next year? If we can get past GaTech (which I think our defense can pull us through), we've got several weeks of "dress rehearsal" teams to give Cox the confidence he needs to survive road trips to Arkansas & LSU. By the time he leaves Baton Rouge, for better or worse, Brandon should be well seasoned.

We have one of the best receiving units in the country. We have one of the best offensive lines in the country. While our running backs are young, they should be able to generate enough rushing yardage to keep us from being one dimensional. They don't have to be another Bo Jackson, Carnell Williams, or Ronnie Brown, they just need to be capable enough to keep the other defense honest and carry their share of the offensive burden. I just can't help but believe that with all this working for us (plus a defense that can win most games for us), Borges will find a way for us to score points.

At this point--pre-season--we should be favored against every team on our schedule except maybe LSU & Georgia, and neither of those two is a foregone loss. Call it koolaid if you will, but I'll have another glass.

If Croyle is actually that big, I need a new TV because he certainly hasnt looked that big in any game I have seen him play. I would have guessed no bigger than 6'1"

That's like when Chris Anderson (RB) played for the bammers, they listed him as 5'9". :blink: If he was 5'9" then that makes me 7'2"... :rolleyes: He was/is a legit 5'7" (generous), but a heck of a good guy.

:au:

Brandon Cox is obese- signed Brodie Croyle.  That is hilarious.  I just read that and thought it was really funny.  Good times.

173955[/snapback]

...and Great Oldies!!! :big:

:au::homer:

Chris Anderson actually went to my high school and he tops out at 5'7". He is a great guy though. Its not a big deal I just dont know why you would list people like that.

Because this is a football forum and the discussion centered on possible padding of football physical stats, I thought of Chris because I played football and baseball against him in high school. Re-read (read) my post, nothing derogatory was directed towards Chris; just that his physical stats were padded @ Bama. Most schools engage in this practice, so when we look at the tail of the tape for players, we should take it with a grain of salt...

:au:

Archived