Baseball vs Southern Cal now playing in Auburn

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Thanks M4, meant to go today but my 2 yo grand daughter trumped my plans. Watched thru the 5th until she decided it was time for a golf cart ride and fishing. Knew we had won but just catching up on details. WDE!!!

• Like 2

We scratch our starting pitcher and still beat the heck out of USC and Andre Agassi's starting pitcher son.   I suppose Andre and Steffi were in attendance.  I hope we treated them well.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Anybody else think "maybe we've got the left handed version of Sonny D" when big Cooper McMurray went long ball?

Sure miss the Sonny “walk up” music.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Thanks M4, meant to go today but my 2 yo grand daughter trumped my plans. Watched thru the 5th until she decided it was time for a golf cart ride and fishing. Knew we had won but just catching up on details. WDE!!!

Salty, that sounds like a great way to spend an afternoon.   I hope she caught some fish!!!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Salty, that sounds like a great way to spend an afternoon.   I hope she caught some fish!!!!!

Thanks, she doesn’t really care to fish. Loves to watch me catch them for her. Found some monster bream yesterday. 

• Like 1

Love having a meaty slugger on the team lol

16 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Anybody else think "maybe we've got the left handed version of Sonny D" when big Cooper McMurray went long ball?

1 hour ago, 1716AU said:

I never have heard of a baseball game at this level ending in a tie.

That's pretty neat

The reason it ended in a tie - after only 8 innings - is that they determined before the game started that no inning could begin after 3:30 pm because USC had to make their flight back to CA.  The 8th inning started shortly before 3:30 and so both teams knew it would be the last inning. 

The same thing happened to Kentucky (can't remember what team they were playing) last weekend.   Not sure if it's a new rule or ???  Can't imagine SEC games will operate this way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Crazy things happen on Sunday in college baseball. First pitch at noon and normally at 1:00. Planning on going and find the game in progress at 12:15. Tried to catch television then internet goes out. Did get the middle on local radio. 

We did win the series without a loss. WDE!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Golden Eagle said:

Not sure if it's a new rule or ???  Can't imagine SEC games will operate this way.

SEC games also have a time limit on the Sunday games. I think it's generally no inning starts after 6:00. With most Sunday games starting either at noon or one o'clock it's not often that the rule is needed. The last time I recall it being called into play was due to a rain delay earlier in the afternoon.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Golden Eagle said:

The reason it ended in a tie - after only 8 innings - is that they determined before the game started that no inning could begin after 3:30 pm because USC had to make their flight back to CA.  The 8th inning started shortly before 3:30 and so both teams knew it would be the last inning. 

The same thing happened to Kentucky (can't remember what team they were playing) last weekend.   Not sure if it's a new rule or ???  Can't imagine SEC games will operate this way.

I'm sorry about that! I thought that burcham said the bottom of the knife with runners at the corners tied at 12:00 on that stream.

But I gotcha.  

8 hours ago, 1716AU said:

I'm sorry about that! I thought that burcham said the bottom of the knife with runners at the corners tied at 12:00 on that stream.

But I gotcha.  

They did play the 9th inning. We had bases loaded with 1 out but couldn't get a run home. But the 3:30 rule was why we did not go to extra innings.  

It is great that we won 2 and tied one against USC. I have a question from some of the posters who follow college baseball more than I do. Is USC considered a top program this year?

44 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

It is great that we won 2 and tied one against USC. I have a question from some of the posters who follow college baseball more than I do. Is USC considered a top program this year?

They've only been to the postseason 5 times this millenium(2000-2002, 2005, 2015), and have been struggling for a while. So no