Spring Practice Officially Kicks Off Today -- Anyone have any wild predictions?

W.E.D

Coach says no depth chart until Fall. So the public won't know 1st team QB until then, if CHF stands by that statement. Of course the insiders will know or think they do before then. If we pick up a QB from the Portal all of us will think we know. 🤣

• Like 1

21 hours ago, W.E.D said:

As you see above, my entire post even mentioned no experience 

Would you say the 2019 and 2022 Auburn football teams and coaching staff were of equal value? I sure as hell would not. Again, you can make the comparison all day long, but it’s still nowhere near valid. I’m not saying Robbie is the next great Auburn quarterback, he may not even start, but equating his first starting season and Bo’s first starting season and saying they’re remotely comparable is simply intellectually dishonest. 

Edited by AUINSY

18 hours ago, JBiGGiE said:

TJ Finley gets the starting nod.

Bryan Harsin somewhere in Mexico:

vindication-brooklyn99.gif

Harsin would be vindicated for what?

Freeze comes out of Spring practice not enamored with any of our QBs, lands a surprisingly obscure transfer QB who nevertheless seems perfect for his system. TJ stops playing football, Robbie switches to 4th string slot receiver and then the new QB has a freak season ending injury. Holden Geriner starts week one.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Freeze comes out of Spring practice not enamored with any of our QBs, lands a surprisingly obscure transfer QB who nevertheless seems perfect for his system. TJ stops playing football, Robbie switches to 4th string slot receiver and then the new QB has a freak season ending injury. Holden Geriner starts week one.

This scenario is about as Auburn as Auburn can get.   I’ll go with this prediction.  

• Like 1

It starts here: Hope springs eternal. That is why it is called spring practice.

Posters on this board will have a favorite QB and will use confirmation bias to cement their view of the best QB.  

As spring practice goes on, different posters will have a different favorite QB that they are backing and pulling for. 

Some  posters  will try to give the perception they know more about QB's than anyone else and post how their  choice of QB   WILL be  number 1.   A bunch of posters will agree.

Another poster will say, "Wait!!  This other QB is better and he should start".  A bunch of other posters will agree.

The first group will say "nuh uh"  and post a bunch of reasons why the second group is wrong.

"Uh Huh", says the second group  and they  post a bunch of reasons why the first group is wrong.

This will go around and around for a bit until there are lots of posters on both sides dug in with their prediction. 

UNTIL...

Someone alludes to "your guy sucks.  He cant run,  throw,  and is dumb"

The other retaliates with the same.

A poster will feel insulted and lash out "well, you're a dummy."

The other side will say, "I know you are but what am I?"

Both sides start hurling insults and sarcastic backhanded compliments back and forth until both sides are so dug in that neither will ever change their mind.   Some will spend the rest of the summer tearing down the other side's QB.

Game One:  everyone somehow pulls together.   The posters pulling for the QB that is not the starter will still grumble and moan a little.

We win a game!!!   Everyone is either Happy or Content. (depending on which QB you were pulling for.)  
This continues on.

UNTIL...

When we lose our first game.   The QB #2 backers come out of the woodwork with a vengeance.  The coach needs to be fired for not starting QB 2.   QB 2 crowd suddenly knows more about football and QBs than the coaching staff.   Freeze needs to be fired because he doesn't know what he is doing. The freeze haters will join in.  The Freeze backers will join in.

until the next win.  Then the QB 1 fans start back up with, "See, WE were right and YOU were wrong."
QB 2 fans, "you SUCK!"
QB1 fans, "YOU do!" 
And the cycle on message boards continues.
Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1