2023 Transfer Portal Thread

ellitor

Per a post elsewhere.

Quincy Olivari, Grad transfer from Rice meeting with BP today.

2x all conference, averaged 18.7ppg last year & is Rice’s all time leader in 3pm. 6’3 guard played HS ball in Atlanta

Also Hoke added in QO might be one of the only legitimate transfers AU is after right now. Hearing transfers need to be a three and D guy. Also belives there were some concerns about Denver Jones’ defense.

• Like 1

Interesting take from JHead FWIW

Add Olivari just by himself to this past season’s team and we win at least 3 - 4 more regular season games and we’re likely a Sweet 16 team. As of today he’s possibly the best fit to solve our hole at the 2 that we’ve had for the last two years.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

I get excited when I see us contacting all these portal guys then discouraged when I see that BP only considers maybe one of them a serious candidate. 

Girard in the latter half of his career is near a 40% 3pt shooter. Don't know how his defense is.

Edited by KansasTiger
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, KansasTiger said:

I get excited when I see us contacting all these portal guys then discouraged when I see that BP only considers maybe one of them a serious candidate. 

Roster spots are TBD. Right now there is only 1 open spot. Can't really go hard after other guys til Wen, Tre, KD, Flan, Traore, & Stretch decided wht they want to do.

• Like 1

Chance going??? That would suck!  Makes me think of the other that was held out all year after an injury.

Going forward, if a player recovers from injury (thought I saw where Chance was ready physically), play the man instead of worried about development once you start SEC play.  Essentially did the same with our shooter that went to Tennesee.  I know he is more debatable but still.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Chance going??? That would suck!  Makes me think of the other that was held out all year after an injury.

Not a fit for the future

Just now, bigbird said:

Not a fit for the future

I would have thought that about others.  Had you heard he may be convinced to go?

Just now, AUBwins said:

I would have thought that about others.  Had you heard he may be convinced to go?

Let me answer that tomorrow. 😁

• Angry 1

I would have expected names like KD and Chris Moore to be out not last year's recruits.  Very uneasy about where this is going.  I heard a player talking about how everyone has the opportunity to come back except zep and I thought no way that happens after watching this team and its shortcomings(pardon the pun).  This team was nearly unwatchable.   

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Not a fit for the future

doesn't make sense....CBP himself said on tiger talk this year that westry was the best guard on the team, and alluded that his redshirt was a mutual decision between he and westry.  please explain "not a fit for the future."

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

To quote the great poet Jason Aldean "I know something ya'll don't know."

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

LOL ...

Do It Now GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

24 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

@AUBwinsJust when I was about to reply to your other post saying doubtful & I hdn't heard his name as a transfer candidate. I think you jinxed us buttmunch.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Going forward, if a player recovers from injury (thought I saw where Chance was ready physically), play the man instead of worried about development once you start SEC play.  Essentially did the same with our shooter that went to Tennesee.  I know he is more debatable but still.

How are you supposed to play them when they’re not good and playing them would hurt the team? Play the best players. If the 5 star guys aren’t it, and want to transfer, then bon voyage. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TigerPAC said:

doesn't make sense....CBP himself said on tiger talk this year that westry was the best guard on the team, and alluded that his redshirt was a mutual decision between he and westry.  please explain "not a fit for the future."

Bruce wants more shooters. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

To quote the great poet Jason Aldean "I know something ya'll don't know."

14 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

LOL ...

Do It Now GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

A lot of things are still moving. It'd be smart to sit back and watch then discuss everything when it settles.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

@AUBwins Chance lost his confidence. Not a good idea to play someone who lost his confidence in his game or body.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/26/2023 at 7:59 AM, bigbird said:

Yeah, this needs to be the week. Most likely by Tuesday we've made room.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, casatiger said:

This team was nearly unwatchable. 

If you think a 20 win team where we made another NCAAT was unwatchable, which was rare for us before Bruce, then I suggest to never watch a Tony Barbee coached AU team.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2