2023 Transfer Portal Thread

ellitor

Wichita guard committing to Bama. 40% from 3. Booo.

Will be interesting to see who we can land. Early and a lot can happen over the course of the offseason. Chance and Yohan transferring tells me that BP has a plan, we'll just have to wait and see if he can cash in on that plan 

If the only turnover is the two freshmen and everyone else comes back, imma be very, very disappointed. In other words, I really need to see some of our seniors NOT take their covid year and head on to other adventures. Love to see one returning guard move on to other opportunities and wouldn’t lose much sleep if another did as well. If we gotta do a big rebuild, let’s get on with it and do it right. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@jAUSonYou would be incorrect.

I feel like after this season and after the last transfer class/incoming freshmen that BP understands what he needs to do. Whether he gets what he is hoping for is a different story, but to act like a coach of this magnitude doesn't have a "plan" in place is egregious 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Dude I hope so. Really. I wouldn't dare declare Bruce this and Bruce that. Just quietly saying my personal confidence is waning.

11 minutes ago, ellitor said:

You just posted in the other thread they were caught off guard by Chance leaving...

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

You just posted in the other thread they were caught off guard by Chance leaving...

The timing of him leaving, not that he chose to leave. Still had a plan in place if he decided to leave after the meeting that ended up not happening.

12 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I feel like after this season and after the last transfer class/incoming freshmen that BP understands what he needs to do. Whether he gets what he is hoping for is a different story, but to act like a coach of this magnitude doesn't have a "plan" in place is egregious 

Yup. And I'm going to pull the curtain back a bit. This goes back to a point @RunInRedmade in The Nest. Before now, even though he has taken transfers in the past, he wasn't crazy about doing it. Hopefully he has turned a corner there.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

How do u know he is incorrect?

I don't know but trust the credibles sources I got it from.

13 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Wichita guard committing to Bama. 40% from 3. Booo.

Per Hoke he was very interested in us but couldn't get his major to work out where he would be immediately eligible here.

• Sad 1
  • Angry 2

Just now, ellitor said:

Per Hoke he was very interested in us but could get his major to work out where he would be immediately eligible here.

Good lord, why on earth do we have so much trouble with majors ugh

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Frankly, Westry didn't show me anything memorable this past season, but I put it all on his injury. But if CBP is happy to see him depart, he must have spied other issues that had nothing to do with the injury.

Personally, I'd be glad to see some other guys head out, but I know that CBP will work with what he's got. This past season, he had not so much.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Will be interesting to see who we can land. Early and a lot can happen over the course of the offseason. Chance and Yohan transferring tells me that BP has a plan, we'll just have to wait and see if he can cash in on that plan 

Hopefully we don’t have to wait very long, or it will be like the supposed savior QB transfer this winter—oops.  I love CBP but the way things work now, can not sit back anymore due to the Wild West NIL mentality. 

• Like 1

Bird posted this somewhere and he is spot on. We can't jump off a cliff every time a transfer that we are interested in signs some where else. Let the portal season end, see who AU loses and gets. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Auburn has reached out to Washington State transfer TJ Bamba

JD McCarthy
~2 minutes

644dddd88117da090be59434cd09330f

With just four teams left alive in college basketball the transfer portal is once again starting to fill up. Auburn fans saw that on Tuesday as both Chance Westry and Yohan Traore decided to enter the portal.

It was fully expected that Auburn will lose several players to the portal each off-season but they are also expected to add players, something Bruce Pearl has shown a knack for doing.

The Tigers have already reached out to several players and have now reportedly reached out to former Washington State Cougar TJ Bamba, according to a report from On3’s Joe Tipton.

Bamba announced his intentions to enter the 2023 NBA draft but retain his college eligibility and enter the transfer portal earlier in March.

The junior guard averaged 15.8 points and 3.7 rebounds last season, making 31 starts. He shot 42.6% from the field and made 37.2% of his shots from 3-point range for the Cougars.

The Denver, Colorado native has two seasons of eligibility remaining, and at 6-foot-5 and 210-pounds he fits the bill as a bigger guard that Auburn is reportedly looking for.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, ellitor said:

Per Hoke he was very interested in us but couldn't get his major to work out where he would be immediately eligible here.

Hoke loves this excuse

• Like 3

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

Auburn has reached out to Washington State transfer TJ Bamba

JD McCarthy
~2 minutes

644dddd88117da090be59434cd09330f

With just four teams left alive in college basketball the transfer portal is once again starting to fill up. Auburn fans saw that on Tuesday as both Chance Westry and Yohan Traore decided to enter the portal.

It was fully expected that Auburn will lose several players to the portal each off-season but they are also expected to add players, something Bruce Pearl has shown a knack for doing.

The Tigers have already reached out to several players and have now reportedly reached out to former Washington State Cougar TJ Bamba, according to a report from On3’s Joe Tipton.

Bamba announced his intentions to enter the 2023 NBA draft but retain his college eligibility and enter the transfer portal earlier in March.

The junior guard averaged 15.8 points and 3.7 rebounds last season, making 31 starts. He shot 42.6% from the field and made 37.2% of his shots from 3-point range for the Cougars.

The Denver, Colorado native has two seasons of eligibility remaining, and at 6-foot-5 and 210-pounds he fits the bill as a bigger guard that Auburn is reportedly looking for.

we'll take him😃

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Hoke loves this excuse

Has nothing to do with Hoke. Every AU recruiting reporter has posted this on a number of guys wanting to transfer here the past few years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Has nothing to do with Hoke. Every AU recruiting reporter has posted this on a number of guys wanting to transfer here the past few years.

It is what Hoke said, per you.

If they were specific vs using it as a blanket statement for any player that doesn't choose us in the portal I'd have a better time buying it

5 hours ago, W.E.D said:

It is what Hoke said, per you.

If they were specific vs using it as a blanket statement for any player that doesn't choose us in the portal I'd have a better time buying it

I didn't & don't check the other sites anymore because they don't have Keith. When I was checking the other sites they all were & have discussed problems getting their majors worked out at AU. Not even remotely a Hoke thing.

And the reporters can't be specific on the major issues because they don't have access to players' academics & rightfully so.