2023 Transfer Portal Thread

ellitor

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

We're gonna have to MAKE room and right now I'm not sure Bruce will.

And some will leave. If Bruce let's them take their time doing it talent available in the portal will not be as good as it is now.

• Like 2

On 3/26/2023 at 7:48 AM, ellitor said:

And some will leave. If Bruce let's them take their time doing it talent available in the portal will not be as good as it is now.

Yeah, this needs to be the week. Most likely by Tuesday we've made room.

46 minutes ago, bigbird said:

We're gonna have to MAKE room and right now I'm not sure Bruce will.

This was always the fear. Loyalty to the players more than the fans and the university.

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, KansasTiger said:

This was always the fear. Loyalty to the players more than the fans and the university.

Highly doubt Bruce sees it this way, nor should he.

Would I like Bruce to get the players to make their decisions quicker? Yes. But in no way do I see it as being less loyal to us or AU.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

You'll never be a successful coach if you relegate your players to your 3rd priority.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

You'll never be a successful coach if you relegate your players to your 3rd priority. Fans

Yeah you found that out the hard way

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

You'll never be a successful coach if you relegate your players to your 3rd priority.

I dont think he's going to be very successful if he let's the roster sit pat, either.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

I dont think he's going to be very successful if he let's the roster sit pat, either.

But he has already proven successful, so wouldn't that logically dictate that he understands his priorities?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

But he has already proven successful, so wouldn't that logically dictate that he understands his priorities?

I'll try and reword. It's a disservice to the team to let a few players stay and hold the rest of the team back. KD and Flan are the two biggest culprits. Those two need to move on, and if they aren't pushed out the door, that in my eyes is loyalty to them over the overall team.

I don’t get the point of beating the drum on Bruce being burnt by being overly loyal this season when we can literally see by scrolling up or down in this thread that he’s trying to rectify that. It’s time to move on IMO 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I don’t get the point of beating the drum on Bruce being burnt by being overly loyal this season when we can literally see by scrolling up or down in this thread that he’s trying to rectify that. It’s time to move on IMO 

I'm responding to the assertion Bird made earlier that Bruce might not force some players to move on. I didn't just bring it up out of the blue.

Edited by KansasTiger
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

I'm responding to the assertion Bird made earlier that Bruce might not force some players to move on. I didn't just bring it up out of the blue.

He said it in the context that space needs to be made asap, which is at least an original thought that's being spurred from current events. 

"it's been a concern all season that Bruce has shown loyalty to the players over the fans or the university" is a a notion we've seen...all season.

I'm not saying that Bird, you or anyone can't post about the concerns of loyalty either, I just want to present that there's a chance for a fresh start narratively here

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

He said it in the context that space needs to be made asap, which is at least an original thought that's being spurred from current events. 

"it's been a concern all season that Bruce has shown loyalty to the players over the fans or the university" is a a notion we've seen...all season.

I'm not saying that Bird, you or anyone can't post about the concerns of loyalty either, I just want to present that there's a chance for a fresh start narratively here

I just want as good of a chance to get the best players we need in the portal. Making room sooner gives us a better chance for that. My heads spinning when it comes to narratives at this point. I just know who should hopefully be going and I'm hoping we make that happen sooner rather than later. If we're still talking about Flan and Stretch, and to a slightly lesser extent KD and WG, being here two to three weeks from now, we have an issue.

• Thanks 1

North Carolina guard Caleb Love intends to enter the NCAA transfer portal

Steve Samra•about 7 hours

North Carolina guard Caleb Love intends on entering the NCAA Transfer Portal, he announced via Twitter on Monday.

Caleb Love has become a fan-favorite over his time in Chapel Hill, averaging 16.7 points and 3.7 rebounds per game over the 2022-2023 season. He became well-known for his clutch shooting and innate scoring ability, which was all on display during North Carolina’s run to the NCAA Tournament title game in 2022.

Last season didn’t go smoothly for North Carolina though, as the Tar Heels missed the NCAA Tournament in their encore from their 2022 run. Now, Love will be hoping to bring his clutch abilities and swagger to another program, looking for another chance at a title.

Caleb Love is a former five-star recruit and was the No. 14 overall player in the nation from the 2020 cycle, according to the On3 Industry Ranking, a weighted average that utilizes all four major recruiting media companies.

To keep up with the latest players on the move, check out On3’s Transfer Portal wire. 

More on Caleb Love, NCAA Transfer Portal

The NCAA Transfer Portal, which covers every NCAA sport at the Division I, II and III levels, is a private database with names of student-athletes who wish to transfer. It is not accessible to the public.

The process of entering the portal is done through a school’s compliance office. Once a player provides written notification of an intent to transfer, the office enters the player’s name in the database and everything is off and running. The compliance office has 48 hours to comply with the player’s request and that request cannot be refused.

Once a player’s name shows up in the portal, other schools can contact the player. Players can change their minds at any point and withdraw from the portal. However, once a player enters the portal, the current scholarship no longer has to be honored. In other words, if a player enters the portal but decides to stay, the school is not obligated to provide a scholarship anymore.

The database is a normal database, sortable by a variety of topics, including (of course) sport and name. A player’s individual entry includes basic details such as contact info, whether the player was on scholarship and whether the player is transferring as a graduate student.

A player can ask that a “do not contact” tag be placed on the report. In those instances, the players don’t want to be contacted by schools unless they’ve initiated the communication.

The portal has been around since Oct. 15, 2018 and the new calendar cycle within the portal begins each August. For example, the 2021-22 cycle started Aug. 1. During the 2020-21 cycle, 2,626 FBS football players entered the transfer portal (including walk-ons). That comes after 1,681 entered during the 2019-20 cycle and 1,709 during the abbreviated 2018-19 cycle. In comparison, 1,833 Division I basketball players entered the portal during the 2020-21 cycle after totals of 1,020 in 2019-20 and 1,063 in 2018-19.

4 hours ago, Dunndone414 said:

If yall think we have chuckers now…. 

Yeah unless his shot IQ gets much better, I’m good on that. The best version of him is as good a scorer as you’ll find in college, but you can’t have him AND have a roster deprived of other playmakers (which Tre or Chance could end up being, but atm, I’d rather find a real PG). 
It takes a very specific type of lineup to win with Caleb