2023 Transfer Portal Thread

ellitor

12 minutes ago, bigbird said:

wants more shooters. 

Than't what the nice lady on the street said.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, bigbird said:

It'd be smart to sit back and watch then discuss everything when it settles.

Image of What are you doing? Trust him! Trust him!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

If you think a 20 win team where we made another NCAAT, which was rare for us before Bruce, then I suggest to never watch a Tony Barbee coached AU team.

I did not say that this team underachieved.  Exactly the opposite IMO.  This team was unwatchable for a Bruce team.   Ugly offensive basketball.  Played great defense though.  I've been through many a bad auburn basketball coach.  Unlike those coaches Bruce has an ability to shape a roster almost instantly due to portal.  Hoping to see a major overhaul and not just our 2 freshmen.  

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, bigbird said:
On 3/26/2023 at 7:59 AM, bigbird said:

Yeah, this needs to be the week. Most likely by Tuesday we've made room.

Do You Want An Award Duskrogue GIF - Do You Want An Award ...

7 minutes ago, casatiger said:

I did not say that this team underachieved.  Exactly the opposite IMO.  This team was unwatchable for a Bruce team.   Ugly offensive basketball.  Played great defense though.  I've been through many a bad auburn basketball coach.  Unlike those coaches Bruce has an ability to shape a roster almost instantly due to portal.  Hoping to see a major overhaul and not just our 2 freshmen.  

I agree with your assessment 👍 

8 minutes ago, casatiger said:

@casatiger I was making a joke. If you think this team was unwatchable then I wouldn't watch a Tont Barbee AU team.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@casatiger I was making a joke. If you think this team was unwatchable then I wouldn't watch a Tont Barbee AU team.

I thought Tony Barbee was a great hire at the time. Ha ha.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, casatiger said:

I thought Tony Barbee was a great hire at the time. Ha ha.  

I'll admit I thought it was a decent hire too. If he took UTEP to the tournament, surely he could get AU there. Right? 

Edited by Sani-Freeze

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

@AUBwinsJust when I was about to reply to your other post saying doubtful & I hdn't heard his name as a transfer candidate. I think you jinxed us buttmunch.

I had seen this first 😆 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

@AUBwins Chance lost his confidence. Not a good idea to play someone who lost his confidence in his game or body.

Yeah I agree with the original posters point in 99% of instances nowadays, but if a guy thinks his knee just isn’t stable, I’m not sure how much value he can have for you 

• Thanks 1

Damn was hoping for both Yohan and Chance to have breakout seasons for us. I wonder what kind of offers they'll get

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Yeah I agree with the original posters point in 99% of instances nowadays, but if a guy thinks his knee just isn’t stable, I’m not sure how much value he can have for you 

By all means if he was not comfortable with his knee than holding out makes sense. 

While I didn't really want to see Yohan go, and maybe I'm in the minority in thinking that his departure isn't the end of the world. Had all the potential in the world, but he wasn't ready to contribute this year, and it would have taken a rather large leap for him to be a regular contributor next year, much less have a breakout year. Certainly possible, just shouldn't be considered the expectation.

I had my concerns about Westry and how this would play out for a little while now. My concerns were more linked to his play and him getting his confidence back and if he would fill the role we needed him to, and less about him transferring (didn't expect that). But there is plenty of talent in the portal to go get that we could arguably upgrade both positions. It's not panic time just yet.

Auburn and everyone else in the country seems to be reaching out to this guy .

I think in this new era of CBB it's going to be hard to develop 4 and 5 star guys. These guys expect to play right away and will transfer if they don't (obviously).

What will hopefully come of this are two things:

1) Next time we get 4 and 5 star guys they can contribute. It is definitely puzzling that Westry and Traore didn't contribute more considering this seemed to be one of the lesser talented teams that Bruce has had in a while. Might need to evaluate better.

2) 4 and 5 starts that didn't play at other programs and are now in the portal will transfer in and contribute. Need to get some real SEC-level players in the portal this year.

58 minutes ago, toddc said:

Auburn and everyone else in the country seems to be reaching out to this guy .

I've put money on the kid before (unfortunately have put money on many many collegiate players....and have made much less in return). He's got my vote 

• Like 1