OTV | AUFAMILY

RunInRed

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

And get absolutely zero for it.

Not that it's applicable anymore, but this line of argument was always crap. 

Look up the cost of a full-ride at Auburn with food, lodging, utilities, training, etc. thrown in. It's WELL above zero.  Colleges should have never been about making money off sports and they still shouldn't. Hopefully this "highest bidder" reality will finally tip over this bloated bubble for good.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DAG said:

I just can't understand why an Auburn fan would be so offended and mad that other Auburn fans want to support the players, Unless...

I think you should get a tutor to help with your reading.

One step at a time now, slowly:

Go back. Read out loud to yourself where I said I wish those who do donate good luck, because that's what I said.

So, are you telling another lie right now or is your reading comprehension really that bad?

On 4/7/2023 at 3:21 PM, W.E.D said:

Honestly we're behind other schools bc of who our coach was. Our 3 week push showed what Auburn can do and our visitor list for tomorrow is another.

When Auburn has the right people pulling in the right directions (good coaches + money flowing) we can sign top 5 classes and easily top 8 consistently. We are always our own worst enemy. 

Hugh+Boosters will have us in the top 10 easily this year.  It's a 90/10 game for NIL. If were rolling I think that 10% and small dollar might grow a little. But the median donation will massively skew away from the avg

I wanted to share my A Day and OTV experience. I bought A Day tickets and saw this original post about the $24 OTV opportunity and signed up taking advantage of the discount and autograph session Saturday morning. I received a text on Friday notifying me that I had won 2 tickets to the OTV suite. Had a chance to meet executive director Brett Whiteside at the autograph session and talked with him a good bit before the game in the suite. We are very lucky to have him in this position during NIL's infancy. I was surprised to learn the number of OTV members that have signed up. Would have expected more. He plans to reveal the numbers at a later date which should motivate fans to sign up. I signed up a new account under my wife's name following this experience and would encourage those on this board to at least take advantage of the $24 rate. We can debate how the game we love is changing, probably for the worse, but how much do you love Auburn? I know we are tired of the recent results on the field, but I can only control what I can control, and this is my only way.

War Eagle!

• Like 2

On 4/7/2023 at 1:01 PM, DAG said:

Let me know when the semester starts for the green bay packers. At this point, You are just being goofy and I am not going to take any more time on this wonderful thread wasting away from you. A more important message is being had for Auburn.

On 4/7/2023 at 1:19 PM, W.E.D said:

Everyone can get rich except the players is Such a weird line to draw in the sand

On 4/7/2023 at 1:26 PM, jluvah said:

Good Lord! They did! By parleying it into multi-million dollar professional contracts!! Victims indeed

Wow, what a thread.

So entertaining, thank you, all three! Shout out to @Mikey also... honorable mention at least.

I hope this NIL thing does well for Auburn, despite not liking it even a lil bit.... and seems worse the more I think about it :lol: