OTV | AUFAMILY

RunInRed

nobody is "asking" you individually to donate to this or that you should be obligated to give anything. 

This is just a thing saying "Hey, if you want to throw a little something towards the NIL effort, here's a place you can do that and get a few small perks" 

No need to get testy or offended about it. 

Like it or not, the current NIL set up is the way things are and a school either plays along or gets left behind and fails. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

nobody is "asking" you individually to donate to this or that you should be obligated to give anything. 

This is just a thing saying "Hey, if you want to throw a little something towards the NIL effort, here's a place you can do that and get a few small perks" 

Like it or not, the current NIL set up is the way things are and a school either plays along or gets left behind and fails. 

I’m not offended and don’t think I’ve been testy. I’m just stating my opinion based on the facts as I see them. Paying players makes them  professional athletes and effectively ends “college football “ as we know it. Before long they will demand not to have to go to class and there will be no way to make them, nor should there be, since it’s pro ball now. Give it a few years and most will wish for the old days( not W.E.D.) . Sadly, Auburn will be less relevant than they are now. Face it, we are not one of the big fish and no amount of money will make us one

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, jluvah said:

I’m not offended and don’t think I’ve been testy. I’m just stating my opinion based on the facts as I see them. Paying players makes them  professional athletes and effectively ends “college football “ as we know it. Before long they will demand not to have to go to class and there will be no way to make them, nor should there be, since it’s pro ball now. Give it a few years and most will wish for the old days( not W.E.D.) . Sadly, Auburn will be less relevant than they are now. Face it, we are not one of the big fish and no amount of money will make us one

How will they ever survive without your money?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jluvah said:

Oh, and if you really think Auburn is gonna keep up with the Alabamas, Georgias, Ohio States and Michigans of college football, hide and watch.

In terms of all time wins and championships, we’ve never kept up with those schools for an extended period of time. But the NIL and portal give us a better chance to in the future.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DAG said:

How will they ever survive without your money?

I guess the same way I’ll survive without Auburn college football, pretty easily

51 minutes ago, jluvah said:

Can we hang out some time?   You sound like a lot of fun.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jluvah said:

I guess the same way I’ll survive without Auburn college football, pretty easily

I guess you're not watching anymore.

This is easy to say when we aren't winning 

8 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

This.

On 4/4/2023 at 12:59 PM, W.E.D said:

Boy, it's going to rock your world to learn that players (including ours) have gotten paid all along

This argument seems starnge to me. If players have been gettng paid all along, then why don't the guys paying them just do it openly now? Why are they asking for $24/month from the fans?

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, TigerTale said:

This argument seems starnge to me. If players have been gettng paid all along, then why don't the guys paying them just do it openly now? Why are they asking for $24/month from the fans?

Because the ones that paid before are still ponying up the big bucks on many cases but now that it's out on the open, more is needed. It's now even more of a bidding war than it was and can openly be discussed as to what it will take to sign a player. Those big money folks can't be expected to do it all in this era. Many fans were asking for a way to help be a part. If you can't or won't then don't. My conundrum is not in giving to Auburn but knowing that I will probably have to do the same for Miss St because my wife only likes Auburn but she loves State. I have to find a happy medium. 

• Like 3

On 4/4/2023 at 5:51 PM, W.E.D said:

I guess you're not watching anymore.

This is easy to say when we aren't winning 

Dude, I’ve been an Auburn fan since 1970. I’m used to Auburn not winning regularly. Grew up on it and have lived it all my life. Not a problem for me.

On 4/4/2023 at 11:59 AM, W.E.D said:

Boy, it's going to rock your world to learn that players (including ours) have gotten paid all along

You must be referring to Cam and the $180,000 he denied taking

On 4/4/2023 at 5:41 PM, Gowebb11 said:

In terms of all time wins and championships, we’ve never kept up with those schools for an extended period of time. But the NIL and portal give us a better chance to in the future.  

Do you really think that getting into bidding wars with bammer, Texas, UGA, Ohio State or Michigan gives AU a better chance? I don't think we can match them dollar for dollar. The way this NIL thing is working hurts us more than it helps.

I wish all the luck in the world to those who want to participate in a contest with other schools to see who can buy the best athletes but I'm not participating.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mikey said:

Do you really think that getting into bidding wars with bammer, Texas, UGA, Ohio State or Michigan gives AU a better chance? I don't think we can match them dollar for dollar. The way this NIL thing is working hurts us more than it helps.

I wish all the luck in the world to those who want to participate in a contest with other schools to see who can buy the best athletes but I'm not participating.

You and I don’t have to like the NIL / Portal @Mikey but it is happening, whether you and I are participating or not. Three schools: Bama/UGA/Clemson have won 7 of the last 8 Nattys. How competitive have we been in that race? I’m not sure how we will do long term with NIL, but I believe the portal allows more parity potential. I was okay with CFB with the AP/UPI polls and meaningful bowl games but that ain’t where we are now.  

10 hours ago, TigerTale said:

We have 900 subscribers.

99% are coming from top dollar boosters

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

but I'm not participating

Why are you still participating in a message dedicated to NIL driven Auburn Football?

Edited by W.E.D

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Why are you still participating in a message dedicated to NIL driven Auburn Football?

Because I'm a member of this message board and have an opinion to share. Don't like my posts, don't read them. That shouldn't be too complicated for you to grasp.

4 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

You and I don’t have to like the NIL / Portal @Mikey but it is happening, whether you and I are participating or not. Three schools: Bama/UGA/Clemson have won 7 of the last 8 Nattys. How competitive have we been in that race? I’m not sure how we will do long term with NIL, but I believe the portal allows more parity potential. I was okay with CFB with the AP/UPI polls and meaningful bowl games but that ain’t where we are now.  

What I see is the NIL doing is helping the rich get richer. I don't see it promoting parity. What we all need to hope is that Harvard, Stanford or Vanderbilt don't take a sudden interest in buying a football championship. Those schools could do it.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Because I'm a member of this message board and have an opinion to share. Don't like my posts, don't read them. That shouldn't be too complicated for you to grasp.

6 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

A message board dedicated to Auburn football & recruiting, the later you've participated in heavily in the new world of NIL.

Yet you claim you're no longer going to participate.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

A message board dedicated to Auburn football & recruiting, the later you've participated in heavily in the new world of NIL.

He literally said he would quit posting PRIOR to the NIL, yet here we are. 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, W.E.D said:

What he said was he wasn’t going to participate in giving to NIL, cherry picker. You do that all the time. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/5/2023 at 10:19 PM, gr82be said:

Because the ones that paid before are still ponying up the big bucks on many cases but now that it's out on the open, more is needed. It's now even more of a bidding war than it was and can openly be discussed as to what it will take to sign a player. Those big money folks can't be expected to do it all in this era. Many fans were asking for a way to help be a part. If you can't or won't then don't. My conundrum is not in giving to Auburn but knowing that I will probably have to do the same for Miss St because my wife only likes Auburn but she loves State. I have to find a happy medium. 

On 4/6/2023 at 8:02 AM, W.E.D said:

We have 900 subscribers.

99% are coming from top dollar boosters

Looks like we're screwed. 

20 hours ago, W.E.D said:

How dense are you? I said I'm not going to participate in the NIL.

17 hours ago, DAG said:

He literally said he would quit posting PRIOR to the NIL, yet here we are. 

This is the fourth time you have told this same lie. Don't you get tired of being called out? I said that I would evaluate the results of the NIL for five years and then decide if I'd keep following college football or not.  There are still roughly 3 years to go. How many other things are you lying about? I don't know because I seldom look at your posts but according to this small sample it must be plenty.

Well then, " literally" post what I said, complete with link. I'd wait but that would be a very, very long wait.

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I said I'm not going to participate in the NIL.

OH No wHAT Will we DO WIthouT mICkeY'S money.  HoW WilL hugH freEzE GET rECRUits

9 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

OH No wHAT Will we DO WIthouT mICkeY'S money.  HoW WilL hugH freEzE GET rECRUits

You could start by improving your reading comprehension in order to understand what people have actually written.

• Haha 1