Florida dentist with ‘light touch’ busted for savagely beating doctor with club at golf course

Christ almighty a damn dentist went bipolar on another doctor on a golf course in Fl. I've never ever come close to having any problems while playing. there a video be sure to watch it until the end because this is the second time its happen recently. 

Funny thing about it is my wife is the Executive Director for Greater Orlando Dental. She said thank god he's not a member of her organization

https://nypost.com/2023/05/02/florida-dentist-busted-for-beating-doctor-with-golf-club/

A Florida dentist who advertises his “light touch” was arrested for brutally assaulting a man with a golf club at a normally tranquil course this weekend, according to police.

Eddie Orobitg, 52, was hit with a felony charge of aggravated battery after allegedly smashing the victim in the face and body when a dispute over course etiquette exploded into violence.

Joseph Sivak, a doctor, told arriving officers that he and his wife were taking their routine walk on the Harbor Hills Golf Course in Lake County near his home when Orobitg started screaming at him.

The dentist, who was golfing with his young son, told the physician he was not supposed to be walking along the path as it was reserved for those using golf carts.

“[We] just heard somebody screaming, swearing at us, coming up really fast behind us,” Sivak told Fox 35.

The two men began arguing before Orobitg spat in Sivak’s face and began beating him with his hands and a golf club, according to the report.

Sivak said he suffered broken ribs, a fractured cheekbone, a ripped earlobe and several bruises and cuts as a result of the dentist’s rage.

He told police he futilely attempted to defend himself with a water bottle as the blows rained down.

Dentist Eddie Orobitg
Dentist Eddie Orobitg was charged with a felony for allegedly beating a man on the golf course.
Lake County Sheriff's Office

Arriving deputies found Sivak covered in blood and unable to make a verbal statement due to his condition.

“I nearly died, that’s the thing that scared me,” Sivak told the station.

Bodycam footage of Orobitg’s arrest shows him quizzically asking cops why he was being arrested. He was taken into custody without incident.

Victim Joseph Spivak
Victim Joseph Sivak said he and his wife were taking their normal walk on the course when the assault happened.
Fox35
Orobitg being arrested Sunday after allegedly attacking a doctor with a golf club.
Orobitg being arrested Sunday after allegedly attacking a doctor with a golf club.
Lake County Sheriff's Office

“Had he been struck just in the right place, it could have been much, much worse,” Lt. John Herrell with the Lake County Sheriff’s Office told the station of the attack.

According to his website, the Leesburg dentist graduated from the University of Florida School of Dentistry in 1996 and has been practicing at his current location for more than 20 years.

Orobitg advertises several glowing testimonials, including one patient who lauded him for his “light touch” with patients.

• Sad 2

Wow! I often walk the cart trail to clubhouse along links course at GN late afternoons. Feel safe on the return trip, always have a 16 oz aluminum bottle of Ultra Lite that can be weaponized if attacked.

Edited by SaltyTiger
  • Like 2

I've played golf for over 60 years all over the US, Canada and Bahamas and I have never even come close to seeing a situation erupting into words being said much less a frickin fight.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

I've played golf for over 60 years all over the US, Canada and Bahamas and I have never even come close to seeing a situation erupting into words being said much less a frickin fight.

"... Bodycam footage of Orobitg’s arrest shows him quizzically asking cops why he was being arrested.  ..."   Yeah, how come they're not arresting the guy walking on the cart path reserved for golf carts?  smdh  Great role model behavior for his son, too.  

• Like 1