This should concern you no matter who you are

JMWATS

38 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Fox has shown that they don't always align with their outward showing of conservatism by some of their actions.

"Conservatism" is nothing but their product.  People like Rupert Murdoch have no ideology.   Attaining wealth and power is their only concern.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

"Conservatism" is nothing but their product.  People like Rupert Murdoch have no ideology.   Attaining wealth and power is their only concern.

I disagree only in the sense that their greed for more money and power in itself is an ideology.

Edited by KansasTiger

5 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

I disagree only in the sense that their greed for more money and power in itself is an ideology.

I would call it an obsession.

1 minute ago, icanthearyou said:

I would call it an obsession.

I have a feeling you'd argue with a brick wall that had 'you're right' painted on it lol.

We agree; it's semantics.

1 minute ago, KansasTiger said:

I have a feeling you'd argue with a brick wall that had 'you're right' painted on it lol.

We agree; it's semantics.

Not arguing at all.  Call it whatever you care to call it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KansasTiger said:

I mean, I haven't seen the reports, I don't even know if they're viewable. But if what Comer SAID is true, that there's clear evidence that shell corporations were set up to move money around to Biden family members that appeared to ccome from foreign nationals, it needs to be investigated further.

If Comer had anything, we’d know it.

3 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

If Comer had anything, we’d know it.

Haha ok. History has not shown that the media tells you what you need or should know. Regardless of party affiliation. I assume you think they have things on trump, but someone or something protects him. They've had things on Clinton, they've had things on Obama, Fauci, Bush, the list keeps going. And the same holds true. No one is really accountable.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Haha ok. History has not shown that the media tells you what you need or should know. Regardless of party affiliation. I assume you think they have things on trump, but someone or something protects him. They've had things on Clinton, they've had things on Obama, Fauci, Bush, the list keeps going. And the same holds true. No one is really accountable.

Not following your logic. Comer ain’t “the media.” He’s a partisan Republican dying to spin anything he can against Biden. Gotta think if he has something, he gets it out there— you don’t?

• Like 1

Just now, TexasTiger said:

Not following your logic. Comer ain’t “the media.” He’s a partisan Republican dying to spin anything he can against Biden. Gotta think if he has something, he gets it out there— you don’t?

None of the media would even interview him about his findings except Fox and Friends in the morning, and even they pushed back hard on everything he said, by get this, quoting other media like NYT and Time Magazine as their sources (circular sourcing in the media is very common these days when no one does any real journalism), who didn't even bother interviewing Comer about his findings either. And that's in a world where we presume these media outlets named don't have agendas of their own, which we all know to be the case. If the media doesn't want something talked about, they've already proven time and again they can suppress it effectively. Unless the now confirmed Hunter Biden laptop escapes all our memories as being suppressed, deleted, and lied about before the 2020 election as Russian misinformation only to be confirmed as credible after the election was over. Just one of many examples. 

And as a note, I don't mean to bring up conservative talking points because I'm some republican blowhard, but when the media mostly tracks one way, the examples skew the other way.

31 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

None of the media would even interview him about his findings except Fox and Friends in the morning, and even they pushed back hard on everything he said, by get this, quoting other media like NYT and Time Magazine as their sources (circular sourcing in the media is very common these days when no one does any real journalism), who didn't even bother interviewing Comer about his findings either. And that's in a world where we presume these media outlets named don't have agendas of their own, which we all know to be the case. If the media doesn't want something talked about, they've already proven time and again they can suppress it effectively. Unless the now confirmed Hunter Biden laptop escapes all our memories as being suppressed, deleted, and lied about before the 2020 election as Russian misinformation only to be confirmed as credible after the election was over. Just one of many examples. 

And as a note, I don't mean to bring up conservative talking points because I'm some republican blowhard, but when the media mostly tracks one way, the examples skew the other way.

You don’t think there’s any media outlet that would salivate over a substantive story? Newsmax? Tucker on Twitter? You say Fox pushed back — what concrete claim did he make? The same innuendo I saw or something else?

BTW, it not like the media didn’t cover Hillary’s emails every single night. Whitewater? Doesn’t everyone know Hunter was a Coke head and hung out with hookers? Made money off Daddy’s name? I’m honestly not following. If Comer produces something substantive, he’ll be on every show. So far, however, it ain’t too impressive.

4467CC02-0497-4D09-975E-C21E67F00AD0.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

You don’t think there’s any media outlet that would salivate over a substantive story? Newsmax? Tucker on Twitter? You say Fox pushed back — what concrete claim did he make? The same innuendo I saw or something else?

BTW, it not like the media didn’t cover Hillary’s emails every single night. Whitewater? Doesn’t everyone know Hunter was a Coke head and hung out with hookers? Made money off Daddy’s name? I’m honestly not following. If Comer produces something substantive, he’ll be on every show. So far, however, it ain’t too impressive.

4467CC02-0497-4D09-975E-C21E67F00AD0.jpeg

Cause going on NewsMax really gets the word out. And Tucker isnt up and running yet, and may not be for some time depending on how his fight with Fox goes, who want to keep him off air even after they fired him.

So I guess finding 20 something shell corporations with no inherent purpose tied to Biden and his family is nothing? Bank records showing these companies received payments from foreign nationals while he was in office is nothing. Records showing that he received payments from China is nothing. Emails between Biden family members and foreign nationals referring in code names to 'the big guy' yeah none of this is evidence. In the same way they had no hard evidence on Al Capone. And my source is Comer in the interview he gave. Which apparently few to no people actually heard since everyone keeps claiming they know more about what's in his report than he does. Unless he's flat out lying, there's certainly enough to keep investigating. And certainly its not 'nothing'

Get your news from other places than the MSM. They're toxic, they lie, and they manipulate the truth until it's unrecognizable. 

10 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Records showing that he received payments from China is nothing.

Which “he”? You’re insinuating Joe. I don’t think they have those. Folks connected to connected folks have always traded on name & association. Unseemly? Sure. Actual Evidence of corruption or profiting on Joe’s part? Has Comer shown that? 

And, yes, these days folks can make news and get huge attention on Newsmax or Twitter. In regard to Twitter, it happens all the time. In fact, there’s a new form of “journalism” that treats randos on Twitter as meaningful voices. But everyone knows Hunter and Joe’s brother took advantage of their name and connections. Would surprise me if a junkie didn’t tell a few lies about what he could make happen along the way. And if actual evidence pinning Joe to corruption is out there, I hope it breaks tomorrow so Dems can move on. I’m a pragmatic guy. Fan of no one in politics.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

Which “he”? You’re insinuating Joe. I don’t think they have those. Folks connected to connected folks have always traded on name & association. Unseemly? Sure. Actual Evidence of corruption or profiting on Joe’s part? Has Comer shown that? 

And, yes, these days folks can make news and get huge attention on Newsmax or Twitter. In regard to Twitter, it happens all the time. In fact, there’s a new form of “journalism” that treats randos on Twitter as meaningful voices. But everyone knows Hunter and Joe’s brother took advantage of their name and connections. Would surprise me if a junkie didn’t tell a few lies about what he could make happen along the way. And if actual evidence pinning Joe to corruption is out there, I hope it breaks tomorrow so Dems can move on. I’m a pragmatic guy. Fan of no one in politics.

Ok. If you're not a fan, then let's hope together that this time is different than almost ALL the other times politicians did something illegal and nothing happened in the long run. But I won't hold my breath.

And because he isn't punished doesn't absolve him in the same way Trump isn't absolved for some of the stupid s*** he did in many people's eyes. Maybe even more so, since most of the MSM and govt is set up against trump and the opposite is true of Biden.

25 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Ok. If you're not a fan, then let's hope together that this time is different than almost ALL the other times politicians did something illegal and nothing happened in the long run. But I won't hold my breath.

And because he isn't punished doesn't absolve him in the same way Trump isn't absolved for some of the stupid s*** he did in many people's eyes. Maybe even more so, since most of the MSM and govt is set up against trump and the opposite is true of Biden.

Supreme Court is for Biden? House? Secret Service? Military? Working majority (60) of Senators? Most states? There’s some interesting victim hood mentality going on here. Trump’s great for ratings. He got a ton of coverage because of that. Do most folks in the so called MSM think he’s a narcissistic liar? Probably, mostly because of all the narcissism and lying. Do most folks in the MSM think Biden is a perpetual gaff machine that’s lost a step and defaulted into the presidency after a lifetime in politics because all the other candidates kinda sucked and he seemed kinda normal and unthreatening. Probably, but mostly because it’s true.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Supreme Court is for Biden? House? Secret Service? Military? Working majority (60) of Senators? Most states? There’s some interesting victim hood mentality going on here. Trump’s great for ratings. He got a ton of coverage because of that. Do most folks in the so called MSM think he’s a narcissistic liar? Probably, mostly because of all the narcissism and lying. Do most folks in the MSM think Biden is a perpetual gaff machine that’s lost a step and defaulted into the presidency after a lifetime in politics because all the other candidates kinda sucked and he seemed kinda normal and unthreatening. Probably, but mostly because it’s true.

Sigh. Ok well this will go around in circles. So I'll just say this and leave it at that. You're not quite sounding as neutral as you want to when you call Biden a gaffe machine that lost a step and not practically mentally unfit to serve, which is increasingly clear he is. Despite your assumption of what the MSM thinks of Biden, they cover for him an awful lot, so those actions don't seem to align with your assumption. And Biden has support where it matters in regards to him and his family running an alleged crime family; the DOJ, the FBI, the CIA, and the aforementioned MSM. Not much the states, supreme court, or half of congress can do to him without much of those entities except another meaningless impeachment (you know, like those entities creating a fake dossier and lying to a FISA court that launched a whole investigation into Trump that lead to massive unjustified campaign spying, but OH WELL). I'm not a MAGA Trump apologist and I've made that clear. But Biden is not 'kinda normal and unthreatening'...lol.

• Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Sigh. Ok well this will go around in circles. So I'll just say this and leave it at that. You're not quite sounding as neutral as you want to when you call Biden a gaffe machine that lost a step and not practically mentally unfit to serve, which is increasingly clear he is. Despite your assumption of what the MSM thinks of Biden, they cover for him an awful lot, so those actions don't seem to align with your assumption. And Biden has support where it matters in regards to him and his family running an alleged crime family; the DOJ, the FBI, the CIA, and the aforementioned MSM. Not much the states, supreme court, or half of congress can do to him without much of those entities except another meaningless impeachment (you know, like those entities creating a fake dossier and lying to a FISA court that launched a whole investigation into Trump that lead to massive unjustified campaign spying, but OH WELL). I'm not a MAGA Trump apologist and I've made that clear. But Biden is not 'kinda normal and unthreatening'...lol.

Don’t claim to be “neutral.” I think Republicans have gone off the deep end with an anchor. Not thrilled with Democrats, either. Started my adulthood as a somewhat Republican leaning, small “l” libertarianish independent and now I’m an independent that generally votes democratic but relates more to never Trump Republicans. Funny, my views haven’t changed dramatically. I do think I’m fairly objective and as non-tribal as one can be in this country. Not sure you’re as “neutral” as you think, either, brother. You seem convinced it’s fact Biden is criminal, but the media just won’t report what you just know in your gut. Ok. Have a good night— what’s left of it. 😉

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

Cause going on NewsMax really gets the word out. And Tucker isnt up and running yet, and may not be for some time depending on how his fight with Fox goes, who want to keep him off air even after they fired him.

So I guess finding 20 something shell corporations with no inherent purpose tied to Biden and his family is nothing? Bank records showing these companies received payments from foreign nationals while he was in office is nothing. Records showing that he received payments from China is nothing. Emails between Biden family members and foreign nationals referring in code names to 'the big guy' yeah none of this is evidence. In the same way they had no hard evidence on Al Capone. And my source is Comer in the interview he gave. Which apparently few to no people actually heard since everyone keeps claiming they know more about what's in his report than he does. Unless he's flat out lying, there's certainly enough to keep investigating. And certainly its not 'nothing'

Get your news from other places than the MSM. They're toxic, they lie, and they manipulate the truth until it's unrecognizable. 

The problem you and Republicans are having with this is that instead of investigating accusations of actual crimes or situations that have been discovered, ya'll are starting from the conclusion "That the Biden family is corrupt and guilty of some unknown/undiscovered crimes" and then Republicans are investigating to try and justify that conclusion by FINDING the crimes and then FINDING the connection between those crimes and the Biden family. That's incredibly difficult to do. 

With Dems investigations against Trump, they started with an actual accusation of a crime: IE, Russian collusion in an election, or the quid pro quo phone call with Ukraine, His businesses's tax crimes, etc. and then they investigated those specific accusations and crimes. 

Republicans are just putting on a blindfold, spinning around in circles for 5 mins and then trying to hit a bullseye by throwing darts randomly around the room. 

Oh Look, An email where Hunter says "The Big Guy" Oh Look, a shell company over here, oh look Hunter  got a check made out to him for a lot of money over there. Ok...but when asked the following questions all we get from the Republicans is:

What does any of this mean? We don't know.

Did any on this money come from illegal sources? We don't know

What are the crimes? We don't know 

Were there actual crimes committed? We don't know. 

Do you have proof for a legal investigation against anyone? Not exactly..

This isn't some vast conspiracy among mainstream media and the government that is refusing to acknowledge the information and findings from Comer and Republicans, This is media reporting on what has actually been discovered and reported by Republicans,. You appear like you are simply mad that everyone else isn't making the same unproven criminal connections that exists between the Biden's and these payments in your imagination.   

Maybe you and comer are right and there is some illegal dealings between the Biden's and foreign entities....but I for one need actual proof and evidence to reach that conclusion. I'm not just going to blindly believe from the start that Biden is guilty...you have to actually FIND THE CRIME and then SHOW THE CONNECTION between that crime and the Bidens. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

The problem you and Republicans are having with this is that instead of investigating accusations of actual crimes or situations that have been discovered, ya'll are starting from the conclusion "That the Biden family is corrupt and guilty of some unknown/undiscovered crimes" and then Republicans are investigating to try and justify that conclusion by FINDING the crimes and then FINDING the connection between those crimes and the Biden family. That's incredibly difficult to do. 

With Dems investigations against Trump, they started with an actual accusation of a crime: IE, Russian collusion in an election, or the quid pro quo phone call with Ukraine, His businesses's tax crimes, etc. and then they investigated those specific accusations and crimes. 

Republicans are just putting on a blindfold, spinning around in circles for 5 mins and then trying to hit a bullseye by throwing darts randomly around the room. 

Oh Look, An email where Hunter says "The Big Guy" Oh Look, a shell company over here, oh look Hunter  got a check made out to him for a lot of money over there. Ok...but when asked the following questions all we get from the Republicans is:

Were there actual crimes committed? We don't know. 

Do you have proof for a legal investigation against anyone? Not exactly..

This isn't some vast conspiracy among mainstream media and the government that is refusing to acknowledge the information and findings from Comer and Republicans, This is media reporting on what has actually been discovered and reported by Republicans,. You appear like you are simply mad that everyone else isn't making the same unproven criminal connections that exists between the Biden's and these payments in your imagination.   

Maybe you and comer are right and there is some illegal dealings between the Biden's and foreign entities....but I for one need actual proof and evidence to reach that conclusion. I'm not just going to blindly believe from the start that Biden is guilty...you have to actually FIND THE CRIME and then SHOW THE CONNECTION between that crime and the Bidens. 

And specifically, Joe. 

11 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Were there there crimes committed? We don't know. 

Do you have proof for a legal investigation against anyone? Not really.

This isn't some vast conspiracy among mainstream media and the government that is refusing to acknowledge the information and findings from Comer and Republicans, This is media reporting on what has actually been discovered and reported by Republicans,. You appear like you are simply upset that everyone else isn't making the same unproven criminal connections that exists between the Biden's and these payments in your mind.  

Maybe you and comer are right and there is some illegal dealings between the Biden's and foreign governments....but I for one need actual proof and evidence to reach that conclusion. I'm not just going to blindly believe from the start that Biden is guilty...you have to actually FIND THE CRIME and then SHOW THE CONNECTION between that crime and the Bidens. 

You once again remind me why I should not have come to this side of the site. The tribalism is STRONG with you. This 'blindfold investigation' found more evidence of shady dealings than the sham investigations into Russia Collusion you cite, which was based on a lie just to investigate Trump for years and found nothing. And at the very best you proved they're just doing the same thing Dems did with Trump. But you can't see that, the tribalism won't let you see hypocrisy in the side you believe in.

• Like 1

You once again remind me why I should not have come to this side of the site. The tribalism is STRONG with you. This 'blindfold investigation' found more evidence of shady dealings than the sham investigations into Russia Collusion you cite, which was based on a lie just to investigate Trump for years and found nothing. And at the very best you proved they're just doing the same thing Dems did with Trump. But you can't see that, the tribalism won't let you see hypocrisy in the side you believe in.

Dude. It’s funny that you’re so extremely tribal while pointing at others and yelling “tribalism!” You spout a ton of right wing talking points as “truths.”

• Like 1

The hypocrisy runs very deep in these parts. Hope you brought boots.....

• Like 1

Just now, TexasTiger said:

Dude. It’s funny that you’re so extremely tribal while pointing at others and yelling “tribalism!” You spout a ton of right wing talking points as “truths.”

Because I call out the left doesn't make me a republican. I'm talking to lefties. So anyone that disagrees with you sounds right. I know you need me to fit in a box for you to feel better, but that's not the case. Thanks.

• Facepalm 1

Just now, KansasTiger said:

Because I call out the left doesn't make me a republican. I'm talking to lefties. So anyone that disagrees with you sounds right. I know you need me to fit in a box for you to feel better, but that's not the case. Thanks.

Didn’t label you a Republican. Your tribalism runs deeper than party.