This should concern you no matter who you are

JMWATS

The Biden family’s business dealings are truly concerning.  Hunter Biden and other Biden family members received large sums of money during President Biden’s Vice Presidency as a result of transactions that suggest the Biden family business is influence peddling. This is truly appalling and it warrants a much deeper investigation.  

https://www.wsj.com/articles/house-republicans-report-hunter-biden-james-comer-joe-biden-family-china-c0c506c7

Edited by JMWATS

WSJ wants me to pay to read this….since it’s owned by the Murdoch’s, I’ll pass. Have no doubt they shape editorial content.

• Like 1

House Republicans on Wednesday released their latest report on the Biden family’s business ties, and one conclusion is that it’s good to be related to Joseph Robinette Biden. Hunter Biden and his relatives traded profitably off the Biden name with transactions that suggest the main family business is influence peddling.

House Oversight Chair James Comer’s staff report shows in detail that Hunter had extensive dealings with unsavory foreign actors. This yielded millions of dollars for Biden family members via a web of shell companies that would be hard to untangle without subpoena power. Why so much complexity

2 hours ago, tomcat said:

WSJ wants me to pay to read this….since it’s owned by the Murdoch’s, I’ll pass. Have no doubt they shape editorial content.

So you are good with family members of our President receiving millions of dollars from foreign interests including China because they are related to the President.  You are good with that?

https://newrepublic.com/post/172627/republicans-admit-no-incriminating-evidence-joe-biden

Republicans Finally Admit They Have No Incriminating Evidence on Joe Biden

A 65-page report, a press conference, and nothing to show for it

Republicans’ big investigation into the Biden family has revealed … not a lot.

The House GOP accused Joe Biden and his family on Wednesday of engaging in business with foreign entities—but were unable to provide any actual evidence linking the president to any wrongdoing.

House Oversight Committee Chair James Comer released a 65-page memo detailing a sprawling investigation into Biden and some of his relatives, particularly his son Hunter Biden. Nowhere in the massive document was there a specific allegation of a crime committed by Biden or any of his relatives.

During a press conference explaining the investigation, Comer was asked if he had evidence directly linking Biden to corruption. The Kentucky Republican hemmed and hawed but ultimately admitted he didn’t.

The memo accuses the Biden family of involvement in a “scheme to peddle influence” in Romania from 2015 to 2017, as well as financial dealings with individuals in China. Hunter Biden’s name comes up repeatedly. But the memo contains scant details of all of these alleged dealings, nor does it contain any evidence that any laws were broken or that Biden was involved in his son’s Chinese business.

Representative Jamie Raskin, the ranking member of the Oversight Committee, slammed Comer for having “failed to provide factual evidence to support his wild accusations about the president.”

“He continues to bombard the public with innuendo, misrepresentations, and outright lies, recycling baseless claims from stories that were debunked years ago,” Raskin said in a statement.

Since taking control of the House of Representatives, Republicans have been obsessed with trying to dig up dirt on the Biden family, instead of actually governing. The United States is weeks away from defaulting on its debt, but the GOP is apparently more concerned with wild-goose chases.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

The memo accuses the Biden family of involvement in a “scheme to peddle influence” in Romania from 2015 to 2017, as well as financial dealings with individuals in China. Hunter Biden’s name comes up repeatedly. But the memo contains scant details of all of these alleged dealings, nor does it contain any evidence that any laws were broken or that Biden was involved in his son’s Chinese business

This is the basis for an investigation.  Is it not reasonable to investigate possible wrong doing?  If I remember correctly a similar investigation into a president was launched in 2017 with no firm evidence of a crime.  The Dems spent 3 years investigating that one, at least give the GOP a year on this one.  Doesn’t that sound reasonable?

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

This is the basis for an investigation.  Is it not reasonable to investigate possible wrong doing?  If I remember correctly a similar investigation into a president was launched in 2017 with no firm evidence of a crime.  The Dems spent 3 years investigating that one, at least give the GOP a year on this one.  Doesn’t that sound reasonable?

Sure. If there is one thing I am 100% confident in its that House Republicans will be investigating and investigating and investigating and investigating until they either lose the majority or a Republican wins the Presidency in 2024. 

Let em go nuts i say. If they find something actually solid then fine, but I wouldn't hold my breath. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JMWATS said:

So you are good with family members of our IPresident receiving millions of dollars from foreign interests including China because they are related to the President.  You are good with that?

I don't think he said he was "good with it". 

It sounded to me like he said he doubts the veracity of the claim, considering it did come from a Murdoch property. 

I am inclined to agree. I'd like to see some specific evidence of illegality from a more reputable source - say from the DOJ investigation.  Otherwise, it seems pretty apparent the Republican plan is to "flood the zone with s***" in lieu of such evidence.

I do agree that the (common, historical) practice of profiting off one's connections to a POTUS is concerning. For example, Trump's family and Saudi Arabia and China.  Apparently, such activity is legal, which I agree,  is a concern.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JMWATS said:

So you are good with family members of our President receiving millions of dollars from foreign interests including China because they are related to the President.  You are good with that?

Nope….did not say that. If there was wrong doing it should be substantiated and prosecuted. The wheels of Justice turn slowly. Many from the previous administration will experience this as the trail of Saudi money is followed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

If I remember correctly a similar investigation into a president was launched in 2017 with no firm evidence of a crime.

The investigation was centered around Russian election interference.  Trump did not become a target of that investigation until he fired the director of the FBI (possible obstruction).

Then,,, Republicans appointed a special counsel to take over the investigation.  And,,, while the evidence was not "firm", there was an abundance of evidence connecting the campaign with Russia and,,, there were several who chose to lie about Russian connections, meetings.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

The Dems didn’t. Trump’s DOJ did, throttled by his AG.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, JMWATS said:

Of course not but,,, where is your evidence?  Please, present your evidence to the public.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

The Dems didn’t. Trump’s DOJ did, throttled by his AG.

I must have conflated the Democrats with their propaganda arm, the MSM.  Thanks for the reminder.

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

I must have conflated the Democrats with their propaganda arm, the MSM.  Thanks for the reminder.

You’re often confused. It’s ok.

• Haha 2

The investigation isn’t done, and we shall see where the money trail leads. The report shows the Biden family profiting from Joe Biden’s political power.  Payments from Chinese nationals are also a familiar way that the Communist Party has tried to compromise America’s political class. There may not be a smoking gun, but there’s plenty of smoke worth investigating.

7 minutes ago, JMWATS said:

The investigation isn’t done, and we shall see where the money trail leads. The report shows the Biden family profiting from Joe Biden’s political power.  Payments from Chinese nationals are also a familiar way that the Communist Party has tried to compromise America’s political class. There may not be a smoking gun, but there’s plenty of smoke worth investigating.

What did you think of these?

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/10/us/jared-kushner-saudi-investment-fund.html?smid=url-share

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2020/09/22/ivankas-trademark-requests-were-fast-tracked-in-china-after-trump-was-elected/amp/

Perhaps you raised concerns previously and I missed them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, JMWATS said:

he report shows the Biden family profiting from Joe Biden’s political power.

What report are you referring to?

11 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Right now we are talking about the Biden family and their nefarious dealings.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

1 minute ago, JMWATS said:

Sorry. I assumed you were referring to Trump and making a broader point when you made this assertion:

Payments from Chinese nationals are also a familiar way that the Communist Party has tried to compromise America’s political class.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Sorry. I assumed you were referring to Trump and making a broader point when you made this assertion:

Payments from Chinese nationals are also a familiar way that the Communist Party has tried to compromise America’s political class.

Sorry as well I thought it could have been a reading comprehension issue.

6 minutes ago, JMWATS said:

Sorry as well I thought it could have been a reading comprehension issue.

Read exactly what you wrote. Your concern was based on this context:

To what specific context were you referring?

• Like 1

I mean Mitch McConnell’s wife has proven deep ties to Chinese capital, investment, and banking firms. 

I reckon there are very few politicians that are 100% clean of outside money. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, JMWATS said:

Why not talk about all nefarious dealings done by politicians and their families while we are on the subject?

What’s the harm in highlighting these instances on both sides especially since you reference that both sides should be concerned in your title. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2