This should concern you no matter who you are

JMWATS

6 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Fifty, I will take you up on that, but be careful what you wish for lol. I feel we do differ in politics in many ways if you go and read through this whole thread, youll see what i mean. But that doesn't lessen my respect for any of you, you especially. I sound like a crazy right wingers I know, but I promise you, I just hate them all, left and right! Equal opportunity hater of politicians. 

Unless this was all sarcasm and it went over my head LOL

i could care less if you are across the aisle the fact you do not further bullsh*t is what matters to me. i am more conservative than folks probably think. but i fear for my country and i get worked up to the point of panic. i always thought when i got old things would be right and things would make sense. i was not prepared..........

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

i could care less if you are across the aisle the fact you do not further bullsh*t is what matters to me. i am more conservative than folks probably think. but i fear for my country and i get worked up to the point of panic. i always thought when i got old things would be right and things would make sense. i was not prepared..........

None of us are. I thought the same, and no matter where you are on the political map, I think we're all a bit scared for the country. It feels like we're at some sort of crossroad, and a pivotal decision needs to be made soon on what kind of direction we go moving forward. I think most of us can agree up to that point, so I'll leave it there haha.

One of these days I want to take my kids on an Alabama tour so they can see my old stomping grounds. Whenever that happens, and of course it'll be in the fall, I'll take you up on that dinner offer. We'll solve the world's problems over some drinks!

• Love 1

@KansasTiger if one of our close allies had told Trump’s DOJ that a Biden campaign advisor told one of their intelligence officers that China had serious dirt on Trump they were willing to share and a month letter, that information started leaking out, would that justify an investigation into a possible Biden/China connection?

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

@KansasTiger if one of our close allies had told Trump’s DOJ that a Biden campaign advisor told one of their intelligence officers that China had serious dirt on Trump they were willing to share and a month letter, that information started leaking out, would that justify an investigation into a possible Biden/China connection?

Ok so I'm being honest, this is hard to follow for me. And I'm not trying to be argumentative or purposefully dumb (who TRIES to be that?). Is Trump president in this scenario since it's his DOJ? 

I mean, I get what the basis of this question is, I'm just not really sure I believe that's how it started, especially with all the lying the FBI did from the start. They fabricated evidence to go to a secret court and lie about it to get warrants. Once you get there, how it truly got kicked off is kind of moot, right?

Now I'm not saying he's a great guy and clean, and I'm not saying I want him as president. Honestly think he would do the country more harm than any good at this stage, but they tried to set him from the start. What the dems and FBI did to Trump was worse than what anyone is doing to Biden right now. Unless the dems turn on Biden and let him go down cause they fear he can't win a reelection, so they can make way for Michelle Obama to run. My current conspiracy theory I'm toying with. You gotta have some fun, ya know?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

None of the media would even interview him about his findings except Fox and Friends in the morning, and even they pushed back hard on everything he said, by get this, quoting other media like NYT and Time Magazine as their sources (circular sourcing in the media is very common these days when no one does any real journalism), who didn't even bother interviewing Comer about his findings either. And that's in a world where we presume these media outlets named don't have agendas of their own, which we all know to be the case. If the media doesn't want something talked about, they've already proven time and again they can suppress it effectively. Unless the now confirmed Hunter Biden laptop escapes all our memories as being suppressed, deleted, and lied about before the 2020 election as Russian misinformation only to be confirmed as credible after the election was over. Just one of many examples. 

And as a note, I don't mean to bring up conservative talking points because I'm some republican blowhard, but when the media mostly tracks one way, the examples skew the other way.

I agree.  However, it is undeniable that the Republican party has a much richer history of scandal.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

What the dems and FBI did to Trump was worse than what anyone is doing to Biden right now.

You mean, get him elected President???

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Ok so I'm being honest, this is hard to follow for me. And I'm not trying to be argumentative or purposefully dumb (who TRIES to be that?). Is Trump president in this scenario since it's his DOJ? 

I mean, I get what the basis of this question is, I'm just not really sure I believe that's how it started, especially with all the lying the FBI did from the start. They fabricated evidence to go to a secret court and lie about it to get warrants. Once you get there, how it truly got kicked off is kind of moot, right?

Now I'm not saying he's a great guy and clean, and I'm not saying I want him as president. Honestly think he would do the country more harm than any good at this stage, but they tried to set him from the start. What the dems and FBI did to Trump was worse than what anyone is doing to Biden right now. Unless the dems turn on Biden and let him go down cause they fear he can't win a reelection, so they can make way for Michelle Obama to run. My current conspiracy theory I'm toying with. You gotta have some fun, ya know?

If Biden had a campaign manager who had been paid and/or loaned about $60M from Chinese businessmen with close links (obviously) with Xi Jinping and that campaign manager, who had been away from US campaigns focused on making foreign money, sought out the job even offering to work for free, should that arouse suspicions in the DOJ  about connections between the Biden campaign and China? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

If Biden had a campaign manager who had been paid and/or loaned about $60M from Chinese businessmen with close links (obviously) with Xi Jinping and that campaign manager, who had been away from US campaigns focused on making foreign money, sought out the job even offering to work for free, should that arouse suspicions in the DOJ  about connections between the Biden campaign and China? 

Just like massive payments from foriegn nationals to shell companies with no purpose set up by Biden and his family members should trigger an investigation? Sounds the same. But all of you say this is nothing, but it was something with Trump? Can't be both ways. Either this is a justified investigation or Trump's wasn't.

My arguments haven't even been about that, but how the investigations proceeded from there. I dont know how the Republicans dealt with this investigation so that's yet to be seen. I know the dems and FBI tried to lie their way into evidence to nail Trump. I dont put it past Republicans to try that too, so I guess we'll see 🤷.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KansasTiger said:

Just like massive payments from foriegn nationals to shell companies with no purpose set up by Biden and his family members should trigger an investigation? Sounds the same. But all of you say this is nothing, but it was something with Trump? Can't be both ways. Either this is a justified investigation or Trump's wasn't.

My arguments haven't even been about that, but how the investigations proceeded from there. I dont know how the Republicans dealt with this investigation so that's yet to be seen. I know the dems and FBI tried to lie their way into evidence to nail Trump. I dont put it past Republicans to try that too, so I guess we'll see 🤷.

Are there governmental actions from the time Biden was VP that you think suggest a connection to China benefiting from paying Hunter?

2 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

To answer your second question yes, someone else to the left of me appears to be in it.......Salty. 

I started migrating left when Kroger began giving me 10% off every Wednesday for senior’s day. My first SS check helped. Think it was the free COVID money that finally did it. I love free stuff. Guess I am a full blown leftist

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

I started migrating left when Kroger began giving me 10% off every Wednesday for senior’s day. My first SS check helped. Think it was the free COVID money that finally did it. I love free stuff. Guess I am a full blown leftist

I think we are paying for all the free COVID money now though. 

7 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

I think we are paying for all the free COVID money now though. 

And, we should be.  It's not really the COVID funds.  That is just the latest big, unbudgeted expenditure.  For years we have borrowed for two basic reasons.  One, to buy a better economy.  Two, to satisfy the greed of a few whose greed is insatiable.

Extreme inequality is unsustainable, impractical, anti-democratic, anti-capitalistic.   We have taken a hard turn to the right and, we need to correct our course.  We spend more subsidizing the wealthy than the poor.

• Like 2