This should concern you no matter who you are

JMWATS

2 minutes ago, Didba said:

Why not talk about all nefarious dealings done by politicians and their families while we are on the subject?

What’s the harm in highlighting these instances on both sides especially since you reference that both sides should be concerned in your title. 

He didn’t mean that. Just wanted to appear fair and balanced. Like, you know…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is not part of the corruption from the oversight committee, but…..

After the lifting of Title 42 the Border Patrol puts out a statement.

52 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

This is not part of the corruption from the oversight committee, but…..

After the lifting of Title 42 the Border Patrol puts out a statement.

I hear that committee and that union are both corrupt to their respective cores. Consider this my statement to that effect. 

On 5/12/2023 at 10:21 AM, JMWATS said:

The latest House report.

I'm fine with an honest, impartial investigation.  But surely you recognize that "report" is extremely partisan in the way it is being presented.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

Family members of every single rich, famous, powerful, notable person always endeavor to benefit from family name. It's not just in politics, it is in every realm of human social and economic activity. The children and other relatives of businessmen and movie stars and sports figures. Down to your local family-owned business and local politician.

Kushner and the Trump kids lined their pockets with hundreds of millions based entirely on the Donald's name and power. Every person in the Bush and Kennedy families became bazillionaires simply by trading on their family name.

The House Republicans are doing their damnedest to find even a shred of concrete evidence regarding the Bidens. So far, they got a big nuthin. Absolutely nuthin. Their press conference and report was a lot of bluster with the message, "we got nuthin, but we are still lookin."

• Thanks 1

On 5/11/2023 at 11:21 AM, homersapien said:

Otherwise, it seems pretty apparent the Republican plan is to "flood the zone with s***" in lieu of such evidence.

That's exactly what the Dems did with the Russian collusion hoax etc. Turnabout is fair play, so lets keep flooding!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

That's exactly what the Dems did with the Russian collusion hoax etc. Turnabout is fair play, so lets keep flooding!

Not exactly  "s***".

https://www.acslaw.org/projects/the-presidential-investigation-education-project/other-resources/key-findings-of-the-mueller-report/

But thanks for admitting to the Republican strategy of "flooding the zone with s***".  Steve Bannon would be proud of you.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2020/1/16/20991816/impeachment-trial-trump-bannon-misinformation

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, homersapien said:

Not exactly  "s***".

Not exactly, no. I have yet to see where Republicans paid a foreign spy to manufacture a fake dossier about Biden, then lied about it to the FISA court. Hopefully something that trashy is in the works. The Democrats deserve it in full measure.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/14/2023 at 9:15 AM, Mikey said:

Yes, as confirmed by the Durham probe. 

Your second statement reveals all anyone needs to know about your level of integrity.

On 5/13/2023 at 9:19 PM, AURex said:

Family members of every single rich, famous, powerful, notable person always endeavor to benefit from family name. It's not just in politics, it is in every realm of human social and economic activity. The children and other relatives of businessmen and movie stars and sports figures. Down to your local family-owned business and local politician.

Kushner and the Trump kids lined their pockets with hundreds of millions based entirely on the Donald's name and power. Every person in the Bush and Kennedy families became bazillionaires simply by trading on their family name.

The House Republicans are doing their damnedest to find even a shred of concrete evidence regarding the Bidens. So far, they got a big nuthin. Absolutely nuthin. Their press conference and report was a lot of bluster with the message, "we got nuthin, but we are still lookin."

Just want to be sure I’m clear on your point - do you really think this information coming to light on Biden is really nothing?  

When you reference to the Trump kids lining their pockets - can you please elaborate?   Seriously, I hadn’t heard that.  Both were millionaires before their dad ran for office.  Whereas Hunter doesn’t exactly bring a big skill set to the game.  

Tribalism is alive and strong in this political forum. That's about the only great takeaway I read nowadays. My side is innocent, yours is guilty...Or atleast more guilty than mine, so should be hated more. Don't get me wrong, I'm not even for the sides making up, at least not in the terms of finding middle ground. More for us all coming together in hating the political elite class in general. 

And as a small side note, are we still pretending the Murdochs (besides maybe Rupert, who I doubt is still running things to the level you all think) aren't liberals running controlled opposition? Most of the Murdochs donated to Hilary Clinton.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Tribalism is alive and strong in this political forum. That's about the only great takeaway I read nowadays. My side is innocent, yours is guilty...Or atleast more guilty than mine, so should be hated more. Don't get me wrong, I'm not even for the sides making up, at least not in the terms of finding middle ground. More for us all coming together in hating the political elite class in general. 

And as a small side note, are we still pretending the Murdochs (besides maybe Rupert, who I doubt is still running things to the level you all think) aren't liberals running controlled opposition? Most of the Murdochs donated to Hilary Clinton.

One is left of center— or his wife is. He’s on the outside. 

17 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

One is left of center— or his wife is. He’s on the outside. 

He was CEO of 21st century fox until 2019 and gave $100M+ to dems and dem causes through his PAC that he funded. Not to mention Fox News backed PACs regularly donating to dem reelection campaigns. Fox is trash, I just think it's trash for a different reason than most. And no, it's not because they aren't truly conservative (which they arent).

9 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

He was CEO of 21st century fox until 2019 and gave $100M+ to dems and dem causes through his PAC that he funded. Not to mention Fox News backed PACs regularly donating to dem reelection campaigns. Fox is trash, I just think it's trash for a different reason than most. And no, it's not because they aren't truly conservative (which they arent).

James is in the media empire, but not influential in the news division. Fox has a presence in NYC and probably does the political thing most corporations do- link to donations?

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

James is in the media empire, but not influential in the news division. Fox has a presence in NYC and probably does the political thing most corporations do- link to donations?

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/08/james-murdoch-spent-100-million-to-fund-political-causes-during-2020-election.html

Edited by KansasTiger

40 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Agree, especially with your first sentence. Blindly supporting either side or any particular politician is embarrassing, boot-licking behavior. 

And I haven't even read this entire thread, so I'm not calling anyone out in particular. Nor am I talking about the veracity of this particular case. 

I'm thinking more of the right's recent reaction to Trump's indictment. Reactions such as "Well, you won't be happy if they indict Biden or X Democratic leader for their crimes."

Uhh, yes I would. If they have clearly broken the law, put them all in jail. Would love to see it. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Thanks. That’s James, not Fox & not the other Murdoch’s. He left the board that same year and wasn’t influential in the news division for years:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/31/business/media/james-murdoch-resigns-news-corp.html

12 minutes ago, cbo said:

Agree, especially with your first sentence. Blindly supporting either side or any particular politician is embarrassing, boot-licking behavior. 

And I haven't even read this entire thread, so I'm not calling anyone out in particular. Nor am I talking about the veracity of this particular case. 

I'm thinking more of the right's recent reaction to Trump's indictment. Reactions such as "Well, you won't be happy if they indict Biden or X Democratic leader for their crimes."

Uhh, yes I would. If they have clearly broken the law, put them all in jail. Would love to see it. 

Yeah, I have no vested interest in what happens to Hunter. I wish no clearly troubled person like he obviously is ill, but understand consequences and think they can be a great teacher. If there’s any real dirt on Joe, and outside right wing fever dreams I’ve seen none, hold him accountable, too. Trump’s DOJ saw none. And the House is flailing around with innuendo.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, cbo said:

Right. I could care less if a Dem gets dogwalked out the door if they do some real shady stuff. Cuomo, Wiener (heh),  Storm Thurmond...

Many conservatives don't realize there are a substantial amount of the under 40 crowd in the democratic party that literally just want general reformation of the government/election system at a wide scale to put us more in line with modern democracies. We vote dem, because there isn't any other option but we'd prefer the eradication of the two party system.

Edited by Didba
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Yeah, I have no vested interest in what happens to Hunter. I wish no clearly troubled person like is ill, but understand consequences and think they can be a great teacher. If there’s any real dirt on Joe, and outside right wing fever dreams I’ve seen none. Trump’s DOJ saw none. And the House is flailing around with innuendo.

Right. To more clearly state my point since, again, I wasn't referring to any specific case or person, I wish this country helped those with obvious substance issues by means other than throwing them in jail. 

On the other hand, it's a shame that those with money and political power are less likely to be held accountable for their crimes. I'm not saying Joe or even Hunter have committed any. I honestly don't know. But if anything is proven against them, put them in the clink. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

Yeah, I have no vested interest in what happens to Hunter. I wish no clearly troubled person like is ill, but understand consequences and think they can be a great teacher. If there’s any real dirt on Joe, and outside right wing fever dreams I’ve seen none, hold him accountable, too. Trump’s DOJ saw none. And the House is flailing around with innuendo.

I mean, I haven't seen the reports, I don't even know if they're viewable. But if what Comer SAID is true, that there's clear evidence that shell corporations were set up to move money around to Biden family members that appeared to ccome from foreign nationals, it needs to be investigated further.

46 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Thanks. That’s James, not Fox & not the other Murdoch’s. He left the board that same year and wasn’t influential in the news division for years:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/31/business/media/james-murdoch-resigns-news-corp.html

He was more than likely influential on some regards before that resignation, and even then, Fox has shown that they don't always align with their outward showing of conservatism by some of their actions. Their PAC contributing to Hakeen Jeffries, Kinzinger's, and Blumenthal's reelection campaign?  It's the duplicity I dislike, for one. And who they are really beholden to. Which would be for a whole different thread.

33 minutes ago, Didba said:

Many conservatives don't realize there are a substantial amount of the under 40 crowd in the democratic party that literally just want general reformation of the government/election system at a wide scale to put us more in line with modern democracies. We vote dem, because there isn't any other option but we'd prefer the eradication of the two party system.

I hope this is true. I'm a few years over 40, but I'm completely in this crowd. We are fed up and why wouldn't we be? Just because we voted for Biden and far prefer him over Trump, doesn't mean we are Biden zealots. 

It's time for sweeping changes but it's tough when both parties are bought by corporations. 

• Like 2