Baseball vs Ole Miss

Wouldn’t be right without a little 9th inning drama.

AU wins 8-2!

That was a long day of baseball!

Edited by CCTAU
  • Like 2

Anytime we take Ole Miss to pound town in any sport is a good thing, and twice in a row, doubly so…especially after their antics from Kiffin in late ‘22 and their pontifications that Ole Miss is such a better sports program than Auburn. WDE!

• Like 1

War Damn Eagle! 

• Like 1

Hope I don't jinx us but a sweep would be one very, very big event.  What a turnaround since the halfway point in the conference race!

• Like 5

Time to get the brooms out. The job BT has done with this team is so impressive. 

• Like 2

Butch (not Bruce lol)  always does this doesn't he.  He gets them tuned it when it counts.  Last was not a year I thought we would make a deep run like we did about half way through the year.  This year we were clearly on the bubble outside looking in.  Now one of the hottest teams in baseball.  Surely we've played our way in by now regardless of SECT. I know I wouldn't want to play us right now.  Biggest improvement is pitching.  Holding teams to under 5 runs when we are scoring 7 or 8 helps 😆 

Edited by AUBwins
  • Like 1

It’s impossible not to think what this team could’ve done with a healthy Gonzalez. But I’m really proud of the guys who have stepped up to fill the void. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Bruce always does this doesn't he.  He gets them tuned it when it counts.  Last was not a year I thought we would make a deep run like we did about half way through the year.  This year we were clearly on the bubble outside looking in.  Now one of the hottest teams in baseball.  Surely we've played our way in by now regardless of SECT. I know I wouldn't want to play us right now.  Biggest improvement is pitching.  Holding teams to under 5 runs when we are scoring 7 or 8 helps 😆 

Bruce is a good coach but he hasn't done much for the baseball team...

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

Heads up: Schedule change in the TV. AU/OM will be on the SEC network at 2 PM Central time. The last I saw the game was to be on SEC+ only. This matters to me, maybe not so much to others.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Wonder at Bo’s greatness.

Bo swinging an aluminum bat in college  was a truly frightening thing. Super freak athlete. 

• Like 1

Hate to see Herberholz out of the game.   On his next to last pitch, he walked off the back of the mound and toward 2nd.    He came back and got the 3rd out of the second on the next pitch.  I hope it is cautionary.

• Like 1

In game 3, Herberholz cruised through 2 innings on 20 pitches. After pitch 19 turned around and shook his arm. Got the next out and did not return for the third inning. Hope he’s not hurt. 

21 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

Thanks for the explanations

i took a break from the game and thought it odd he’d been pulled 

Yes thanks. I didn’t have sound and could not figure it what he was pulled. 
Nelson is doing a great job so far.

Butch was scheduled to do an interview shortly after Herberholz left the game, and he asked not to be interviewed.   Top of 5 and he still has not done an interview.    3-0 good guys, 2 on and no one out...