Baseball vs Ole Miss

1 hour ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

Btw, RPI is up to 22 after the sweep! Before this weekend Baseball America had us projected as the 2 in the Wake Forrest regional. 

Living in Winston Salem that would be AWESOME

Not bad for a team picked to finish Last in the SEC West

IMG_0054.jpeg

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Not bad for a team picked to finish Last in the SEC West

IMG_0054.jpeg

To be fair until we discovered Vail and Herbie we were in pretty bad shape. 

23 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Losing Gonzo was starting to show up in the back end. We had a good pitching rotation before his injury, but the shake up caused a lot of issues. Vail has been nothing short of dominant lately, and that's given us some flexibility on Saturday and Sunday. 

Don't get me wrong though, something clicked in our entire pitching staff about a month ago and it's been great to see! 

2 minutes ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

Losing Gonzo was starting to show up in the back end. We had a good pitching rotation before his injury, but the shake up caused a lot of issues. Vail has been nothing short of dominant lately, and that's given us some flexibility on Saturday and Sunday. 

Don't get me wrong though, something clicked in our entire pitching staff about a month ago and it's been great to see! 

I'm just praying Gonzo makes his way back to the mound in time for regional play. Imagine being able to wing Vail, Herbie and Gonzo out there in consecutive starts. A deeeeeep run could be in the offing. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I'm just praying Gonzo makes his way back to the mound in time for regional play. Imagine being able to wing Vail, Herbie and Gonzo out there in consecutive starts. A deeeeeep run could be in the offing. 

I'm pretty sure CBT said Gonzo was done for the year.    GWebb, I can't find anything on Herbie. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

I'm pretty sure CBT said Gonzo was done for the year.    GWebb, I can't find anything on Herbie. 

All I’ve seen is BT quoted as saying he felt something and they are hoping it’s a strain. Said we would know more in a couple of days. Unfortunately that’s the same thing he said of Gonzalez in February. We will just have to wait and see. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 2

The run this team has gone on the past couple weeks is nothing short of AUmazing.  I was starting to have a "maybe next year" attitude.  I don't really care about how they do in the SEC tourney but if they can maintain this play into the post season maybe they can sneak into Omaha.  The post season in general at this point is a huge accomplishment and is just a testament of how good Butch is as coach. 

• Like 6

10 hours ago, AUDub said:

Feel pretty sure Butch knew what they would grow to.

9 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Sorta sickening to think about not having him top notch at this point. I am still enjoying this ride. 

On 5/14/2023 at 8:45 AM, LPTiger said:

The last update I saw was "regular season"

https://oanow.com/sports/college/auburn/auburn-pitcher-joseph-gonz-lez-a-scratch-for-remainder-of-regular-season/article_70b25bd4-e505-11ed-a920-cb0eb465b70a.html

3 hours ago, AUDub said:

AUDub, good gracious, if we were to get get him back and this offense keeps clicking we could be this years'  Ole Miss!!!!

• Thanks 1