Should this worry LSU fans

Ravad

Cowboys Coach Gundy Dismisses Ninth Player

Several players said the day Gundy replaced Les Miles as head coach he established guidelines that players attend class, be on time for team meetings, adhere to workout routines, represent the program well and play hard.

"...attend class, be on time for team meetings, adhere to workout routines, represent the program well and play hard."

So in other words, he expects them to do what they are being payed (scholarshipped) to do? ...What a concept!

[i'd be worried if I were a corndog--but do corndogs worry about such?]

Cowboys Coach Gundy Dismisses Ninth Player
Several players said the day Gundy replaced Les Miles as head coach he established guidelines that players attend class, be on time for team meetings, adhere to workout routines, represent the program well and play hard.

174708[/snapback]

Only time will tell.

Saban changed everything at LSU. He ran a clean program and a tight ship.

Skip Bertman, the administration, Tiger Athletic Foundation and the fans all expect that to continue under Miles. Maybe Miles was lax at Okie State to be able to compete, somthing he doesn't need to do at LSU. Maybe Gundy is just pulling up his britches to show them he's the boss. A certain ole ball coach used to have very high standards especially for the atheletes e didn't want on scholly any more.

Regardless, I can tell you if Miles doesn't continue to run a tight ship at LSU like Saban did he won't be here for long. As SOS proved at Florida in the 90's and Saban recently the SEC's top teams can win big and do it clean. With Louisiana's talent pool, and Texas right next door there is no reason at all to recruit thugs and criminals.

My sister is a OSU grad. Miles didn't run the tightest of ships, but it was hard for OSU to get athletes that were not risky to be able to compete unless they were next door in Gallagher/Iba Arena.

Archived