Time To Make a Decision on Dean

We have just lost every piece of the little bit of power we had in the lineup (minus Icess).  Something will have to change before I spend my time watching next year.  I have grown to love the softball game and hope something changes.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, AUBwins said:

We have just lost every piece of the little bit of power we had in the lineup (minus Icess).  Something will have to change before I spend my time watching next year.  I have grown to love the softball game and hope something changes.

If we do not fire Dean, the least we could do is fire Lenti. 

5 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Disagree - As of now, at least, we still have McCrary, Tresvik, Peralta, Roach, Milanowski, Lisenby, and Packer.  Hoping more of this year's freshmen will step up next year and fill the void.  We do need to upgrade coaching for the hitters, tho.

• Facepalm 1

8 hours ago, Golden Eagle said:

Disagree - As of now, at least, we still have McCrary, Tresvik, Peralta, Roach, Milanowski, Lisenby, and Packer.  Hoping more of this year's freshmen will step up next year and fill the void.  We do need to upgrade coaching for the hitters, tho.

No offense, but other than Peralta and Tresvik. The others had a combined 4-5 home runs, how in the world is that considered power in the lineup?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

A few more random thoughts:

1. It seems like the portal entries have stopped for now. I hope all of them are able to find somewhere they can be successful and happy. 

We will benefit from the portal as much as we were hurt by it. There has already been a mass influx of players into the portal over the last few days, and I imagine we will see more in the coming weeks. 

A few caught my eye early on OF Nia Carter from Iowa, C Emma Kauf from Georgia Tech, OF Korbe Otis from Louisville, and IF Joley Mitchell from Notre Dame. 

2. I feel the team performed well from a pitching and fielding perspective this year, despite the collapse in the SEC Tournament and Regionals. The hitting metrics under Lenti, however, are not good enough to compete at a high level. Yes, we improved our HR numbers in 2022, but the team’s performance declined in almost every hitting metric in 2023. Ultimately, Dean’s fate will be decided by his willingness to assess Lenti as a hitting coach. 

3. From an AD perspective, Cohen has his hands tied right now with rebuilding the football program, updating facilities, and assessing the apparel deal with UA. I imagine Cohen will assess the Athletic Department strategy as it relates to investment at some point though, specifically around women’s athletics. Softball viewership is very high in comparison to other women’s sports. I’m biased, but I hope he decides to invest in the program. 

• Like 3

More interested in the confirmation from Ron Ellis (Bri dad) that the majority of injuries are due to UA gear.

• Haha 1

It's hard to follow a legend, but I've not been a fan of Mickey for quite some time.  Dumb base running calls, poor batting, obvious culture issues, and all things already covered in this thread.

But then he put on that damn Paul Hogan hat... and I can't even look at him.  Dude's a clown.  Calgon take me away.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, The Freak said:

It's hard to follow a legend, but I've not been a fan of Mickey for quite some time.  Dumb base running calls, poor batting, obvious culture issues, and all things already covered in this thread.

But then he put on that damn Paul Hogan hat... and I can't even look at him.  Dude's a clown.  Calgon take me away.

But the incisive in-game interviews! Don't they impress??   

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jad0003 said:

A few more random thoughts:

1. It seems like the portal entries have stopped for now. I hope all of them are able to find somewhere they can be successful and happy. 

We will benefit from the portal as much as we were hurt by it. There has already been a mass influx of players into the portal over the last few days, and I imagine we will see more in the coming weeks. 

A few caught my eye early on OF Nia Carter from Iowa, C Emma Kauf from Georgia Tech, OF Korbe Otis from Louisville, and IF Joley Mitchell from Notre Dame. 

2. I feel the team performed well from a pitching and fielding perspective this year, despite the collapse in the SEC Tournament and Regionals. The hitting metrics under Lenti, however, are not good enough to compete at a high level. Yes, we improved our HR numbers in 2022, but the team’s performance declined in almost every hitting metric in 2023. Ultimately, Dean’s fate will be decided by his willingness to assess Lenti as a hitting coach. 

3. From an AD perspective, Cohen has his hands tied right now with rebuilding the football program, updating facilities, and assessing the apparel deal with UA. I imagine Cohen will assess the Athletic Department strategy as it relates to investment at some point though, specifically around women’s athletics. Softball viewership is very high in comparison to other women’s sports. I’m biased, but I hope he decides to invest in the program. 

It would be a gift from God if we can land some of the transfers mentioned, but highly doubt Dean pursues any of them very hard, he is not a fan of the portal. 

• Facepalm 1

9 hours ago, AUBwins said:

More interested in the confirmation from Ron Ellis (Bri dad) that the majority of injuries are due to UA gear.

Does seem to indicate that there was indeed some problem driving her to transfer, though...

• Like 1

Suggestion - everyone should send a well thought out email to John Cohen - you will probably get some canned response about your passion for the program but it will help him discern interest in the program.  I sent him a trend chart for batting average, slugging percentage, on base and fielding % for the time Dean has been here.  If you look at those averages the team is basically flat.   jac0235@auburn.edu

I also sent a note to On to Victory.......I got a long response that was mostly an excuse although they did say all of the team was signed up........don't know what that means, how they participated, etc.  They need to do more to support women's athletics as I am sure we don't have many (if any) big money donors.

Edited by warladytigers
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Auburn761345163036 said:

He needs to go

and take Butch Thompson with him

You can go 

• Like 4

On 5/25/2023 at 4:08 PM, Auburn761345163036 said:

He needs to go

Let's send BP away too.   I hate his passion for Auburn and all these 1st rounders he puts in the league.    Maybe we could replace him with someone who believes that  being in the wrong place at the wrong time is an actual thing when people are murdered.    Maybe we can also replace Butch with someone who would actively bet against Auburn baseball (typing those words made me laugh out loud at the stupidity of it).   

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/25/2023 at 4:08 PM, Auburn761345163036 said:

He needs to go

🤡