2024 4* DL Malik Blocton Commits To AU!

Zeek

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

National Analyst Gerry Hamilton made a pick today for Blocton to AU with 80% confidence FWIW.

Yeah I know.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

National Analyst Gerry Hamilton made a pick today for Blocton to AU with 80% confidence FWIW.

Bryan Matthews posted today saying things look good here as well.

45 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I can't wait to lose Crawford, Perry and Riddick too! This is a disaster, and one I don't know how we dig ourselves out of. 

You’ve GOT to be trolling at this point… surely …

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mustache eagle said:

You’ve GOT to be trolling at this point… surely …

Ok, but not having NIL $ isn't a very fixable problem. I know we'll probably have more to go around after 2024 and even more after '26, but still.

Edited by AUwent

Just now, AUwent said:

Ok, but not having NIL $ isn't a very fixable problem.

We have NI( money. Stop being silly

30 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Reese Baker.

True. I just wasn't sure he was a take. I hope he is. We need some HS kids. Baker may be considered a project, but I believe he has enough talent, gives a 110%, and loves Auburn. More size and strength will come. Maybe even some stars.😉

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

We have NI( money. Stop being silly

My freakout was over it sounding like a Texas school is going to come in out of nowhere and steal one from us at the last second for the second time in a week.

Edited by AUwent

49 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I can't wait to lose Crawford, Perry and Riddick too! This is a disaster, and one I don't know how we dig ourselves out of. 

He hasn’t even committed yet? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, AUwent said:

My freakout was over it sounding like a Texas school is going to come in out of nowhere and steal one from us at the last second for the second time in a week.

So maybe we matched Texas for him?

5 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Ok, but not having NIL $ isn't a very fixable problem.

How do you know what the NIL budget is? Or are you basing this off of Auburn getting outbid by one of the wealthiest school in the power 5 for Cam Coleman?

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

This feels like one we get. Let’s at least wait and see. If we don’t, I agree that’s pretty bad. 

• Like 1

While we wait. I just read that Uga’s about to sign their 5th OT for the 2024 class. What the f***, man? How are they able to do this? 2 top 10 QB’s is one thing, but 5 offensive tackles in 1 class is absurd!

• Like 2

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

While we wait. I just read that Uga’s about to sign their 5th OT for the 2024 class. What the f***, man? How are they able to do this? 2 top 10 QB’s is one thing, but 5 offensive tackles in 1 class is absurd!

They are very good at football stuff. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Pretty easy when you have competent coaches winning national championship 

• Like 2

We haven't lost them if we never had them. Although Crawford has been AU lean, but LSU is a school like the Texas schools that can swoop in and steal one if they really want him. I don't enjoy being a bridesmaid (runnerup). Bring some smiles to the Plains MB!!

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Pretty easy when you have competent coaches winning national championship 

Slightly OT, but it can sometimes be very hard to tell who the best assistant coach recruiters are--specifically how much of it is them or just being at the school they are. I say that because my first reaction is to think how great it would've been to hire Searels as OC but then I remember that it may not have much to do with him. This was also a  reason why Kirby (in 2012, I mean) wasn't such a sure thing.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

@AuCivilEng1 Obviously UGA doesn't see some of them as OTs no matter what position sites rate him as.

6 minutes ago, autan said:

We haven't lost them if we never had them. Although Crawford has been AU lean, but LSU is a school like the Texas schools that can swoop in and steal one if they really want him. I don't enjoy being a bridesmaid (runnerup). Bring some smiles to the Plains MB!!

@autan Florida is the threat for Crawford, not LSU.

18 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@AuCivilEng1 Obviously UGA doesn't see some of them as OTs no matter what position sites rate him as.

The one that is 6-5.5 is listed as a IOL on 247. The other 4 are all 6'7 and 6'i8

They have 4 pure tackles 

Is there a video link? If I click on the YouTube link, it just shows a bunch of videos. Or do they only start the video just before/after the announcement?

Edited by yngwie1995

5 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

Is there a video link?

@yngwie1995 Not yet. Cole Pinkston is working on it. Also Blocton has not arrived for the ceremony yet.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1