2024 4* DL Malik Blocton Commits To AU!

Zeek

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ellitor changed the title to 2024 3* DL Malik Blocton Commits To AU!
  • ellitor pinned and featured this topic

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Another solid puckup. WAR EAGLE

and welcome to Auburn.

• Like 1

IMG_1753.png

• Haha 1

Sweet!!!! His offer list was ridiculous; very happy he went with the good guys. Texas had me worried.

• Like 4

3-star DL Malik Blocton commits to Auburn Tigers

Joe Spears

Malik Blocton. (Joseph Hastings/BamaInsider)

Pike Road (Ala.) three-star defensive lineman Malik Blocton has committed to the Auburn Tigers. He announced the news on Twitter.

He chose the Tigers over Florida and Texas.

The 6-foot-3, 255-pounder is the No. 459 overall prospect and No. 41 defensive lineman in the 2024 cycle, according to the On3 Industry Ranking, a weighted average that utilizes all four major recruiting media companies. He is also the No. 25 player in Alabama.

Auburn is set to host Blocton for an official visit on Nov. 24 for the Iron Bowl. The trip will be his ninth to campus and first since June 15. He took official visits to Florida and Texas in June.

“Auburn has been consistent. No matter who the coaching staff was, Auburn has been consistent with me,” Blocton told On3 ahead of his decision. “Auburn has had a new defensive line coach almost every year since I been in high school. No matter who it was, from Coach (Nick) Eason to Coach (Jimmy) Brumbaugh to Coach (Jeremy Garrett), all of them have made me a priority for them. Coach Garrett told me that when I come in, he wants me to pay end (5) at first and then gradually moving inside (4i).”

For more Auburn recruiting intel, check out Auburn Live.

With his commitment, Blocton is the 10th pledge in Auburn’s 2024 recruiting class. 

Malik Blocton currently has an On3 NIL Valuation of $19.1K. The On3 NIL Valuation is the industry’s leading index that sets high school and college athletes’ projected annual value (PAV). The NIL valuation does not act as a tracker of the value of NIL deals an athlete has completed to date. It rather signifies an athlete’s value at a certain moment in time.

• ellitor changed the title to 2024 4* DL Malik Blocton Commits To AU!
51 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

While we wait. I just read that Uga’s about to sign their 5th OT for the 2024 class. What the f***, man? How are they able to do this? 2 top 10 QB’s is one thing, but 5 offensive tackles in 1 class is absurd!

Corner on the market!!!

58 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

While we wait. I just read that Uga’s about to sign their 5th OT for the 2024 class. What the f***, man? How are they able to do this? 2 top 10 QB’s is one thing, but 5 offensive tackles in 1 class is absurd!

Hope some of them enjoy riding the bench. 

IMG_2960.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

They don’t mind riding the bench waiting for their turn to win a Natty and make millions in the NFL. I hope we are one day able to recruit like that. 

1 hour ago, yngwie1995 said:

I hope we recruited all of them. That's what this is going to , and we need to understand it. Even if it's our recruits, how many will be at there first choice in 2-3 years? 

1 hour ago, tbone4jc said:

Oh my. That’s not funny

When you approach a higher power as mystery rather than certainty (as it should be applied) then yes. It’s funny. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

When you approach a higher power as mystery rather than certainty (as it should be applied) then yes. It’s funny. 

Fifty excluded, when did older mean higher?