2024 4* DL Malik Blocton Commits To AU!

Zeek

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

That's the rub. There's no way to tell if an offer is "commitable" or not. The schools don't/won't/can't say so all we have to go by is what is claimed by the player and common gossip.

There was a Bama troll on Twitter who asked Blocton was his Bama offer even committable and he said it was 

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He got an offer and that is what matters most. If he wasn’t worthy of their team talent wise, there would not be any types of offer , whether it is contingent or not.

Further, who the heck cares? He is obviously very talented and cannot wait to put it all on the line for Auburn. Not to mention, it is also great to put in a pipe line with pike road. A lot of great athletes come out from that way.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 5

I think you would look pretty stupid if you put a hat on the table for a school you don’t have an offer from that will take you.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, yngwie1995 said:

Well 247 has a huge list for Blocton. I doubt that's just what the players say? 🤷‍♂️

https://247sports.com/player/malik-blocton-46118642/

From what source of information did 247 acquire their list? Certainly not the schools, NCAA rules forbid them to comment.

Edited by Mikey
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, toddc said:

I think you would look pretty stupid if you put a hat on the table for a school you don’t have an offer from that will take you.

You'd only look stupid if you put on a hat and committed to a school that did not give you a comittable offer. The other hats are meaningless, they could be from glamorous schools anywhere and only the player and schools that didn't offer would know.

The last time I checked, (several years ago) Auburn had "offered" upwards of 250 players in a single season. How many of those were committable? We don't know, but certainly most were not.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

You'd only look stupid if you put on a hat and committed to a school that did not give you a comittable offer. The other hats are meaningless, they could be from glamorous schools anywhere and only the player and schools that didn't offer would know.

The last time I checked, (several years ago) Auburn had "offered" upwards of 250 players in a single season. How many of those were committable? We don't know, but certainly most were not.

https://apple.news/An5RCLBboQ5ebYMVCLNROxA
Here’s a recent short article on the subject @Mikey 

• Like 1

I just think it is funny that people who probably couldn’t get an offer  from Faulkner are hyper focused on this lol. The kid is obviously extraordinary in his craft to be  able to choose where he wants to play collegiate football among several reputable programs 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DAG said:

I just think it is funny that people who probably couldn’t get an offer  from Faulkner are hyper focused on this lol. The kid is obviously extraordinary in his craft to be  able to choose where he wants to play collegiate football among several reputable programs 

Yep. Look at the offer list. Carries as much, if not more weight than *

• Like 2

On 7/8/2023 at 6:00 PM, tbone4jc said:

Oh my. That’s not funny

Guess I should have used yellow font. 

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Its OK I'll overlook it this time.......

Don't lie...you mean forget, don't you?

• Haha 1

• ellitor unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Paladin said:

He can’t get to Auburn soon enough! We need some D Line dogs again. 

• Like 1

He has won TV channel 12's high school player of the week award. That's something that usually goes to an offensive player who puts up big numbers. Quite an accomplishment for a defensive guy.

Edited by Mikey
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3