“LGBTQ” has become a poor catchall for unrelated groups

9 minutes ago, alexava said:

“Historians of the future will have a hard time figuring out how so many organized groups of strident jackasses succeeded in leading us around by the nose and morally intimidating the majority into silence.“….Dr. Thomas Sowell 

Indeed! More reading materials.

https://wng.org/opinions/are-we-on-the-wrong-side-of-history-1686135754

13 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

I like how Christians try and pretend like they are so "persecuted" and harmed by lgbtq people and pride month.

Nobody persecutes Christians during pride month and nobody forces Christians to say gay sex isn't a sin if that's what they want to believe in. In town meetings across the country it's not lgbtq people coming in complaining that the local church is having an outdoor service or is holding a religious gathering in a park...it's always the Christians complaining and trying to ban lgbtq people from having their own get togethers and events in public spaces. 

Pride month is mostly just lgbtq people coming out in celebration of their individuality and life choices which not long ago led to THEM being openly persecuted and harmed if they expressed themselves.

The only "persecution" a majority of Christians have to face  by pride is being inconvenienced by the multicolored flags and logos, which seemingly makes some Christians unreasonably angry.  

Christians cannot legally openly discriminate against lgbtq people at work or in hiring or business, and some Christians DO views their inability to discriminate as a personal persecution against them and their religion, but that's just them throwing a hissy fit because they live in a free, secular society ruled by the Constitution. 

It's also telling how to this author lgbtq people aren't individuals, but simply representative of sexual sin...that's all the author see's is sexual deviancy, Satan, evil, etc. not people not individuals, not freedom. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I like how Christians try and pretend like they are so "persecuted" and harmed by lgbtq people and pride month.

Nobody persecutes Christians during pride month and nobody forces Christians to say gay sex isn't a sin if that's what they want to believe in. In town meetings across the country it's not lgbtq people coming in complaining that the local church is having an outdoor service or is holding a religious gathering in a park...it's always the Christians complaining and trying to ban lgbtq people from having their own get togethers and events in public spaces. 

Pride month is mostly just lgbtq people coming out in celebration of their individuality and life choices which not long ago led to THEM being openly persecuted and harmed if they expressed themselves.

The only "persecution" a majority of Christians have to face  by pride is being inconvenienced by the multicolored flags and logos, which seemingly makes some Christians unreasonably angry.  

Christians cannot legally openly discriminate against lgbtq people at work or in hiring or business, and some Christians DO views their inability to discriminate as a personal persecution against them and their religion, but that's just them throwing a hissy fit because they live in a free, secular society ruled by the Constitution. 

It's also telling how to this author lgbtq people aren't individuals, but simply representative of sexual sin...that's all the author see's is sexual deviancy, Satan, evil, etc. not people not individuals, not freedom. 

Love the sinner, not the sin.

• Facepalm 1

6 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

They are not individuals based upon their own identity to a group that uses half the damn alphabet and a “+” now to represent themselves. Some who are gay have publicly declared they don’t want any part of the alphabet mafia. 
     I can speak for most Americans both Christians, conservatives and even sane , moderate liberals in saying nobody gives a crap about what they think they are. Or what kind of kink they engage in. We, the majority of Americans want to protect women and children first and foremost. We also don’t want to be arm twisted by force to accept a falsehood we know is bullsheyt. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

15 hours ago, alexava said:

They are not individuals based upon their own identity to a group that uses half the damn alphabet and a “+” now to represent themselves. Some who are gay have publicly declared they don’t want any part of the alphabet mafia. 
     I can speak for most Americans both Christians, conservatives and even sane , moderate liberals in saying nobody gives a crap about what they think they are. Or what kind of kink they engage in. We, the majority of Americans want to protect women and children first and foremost. We also don’t want to be arm twisted by force to accept a falsehood we know is bullsheyt. 

No, you are just hateful.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

58 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

No, you are just hateful.

That’s how you say you lost without saying you lost. 

• Love 1

On 6/7/2023 at 5:56 PM, alexava said:

I fully support my LGBTQ+ friends and want them to live as free as possible. But if you think that should include an obviously overtly stronger male in the female sports you are the crazy, unreasonable one. Same for Transitioning minors that cannot give consent. I don't think that is hateful in any way. I think that is reasonable at every level. Minors cannot decide to drink, or buy guns, or go into the military, or smoke, or vape. It is crazy to think that they are capable of making life-altering decisions. 

• Like 1

On 6/6/2023 at 10:59 PM, alexava said:

The right wing is not doing anything for cynical or political purposes.

Seriously? I about fell out of my chair when I read that bit of creative thinking.

Cynical political purpose defines the Ron DeSantis campaign.  They have been driving the "pro-life" bus and are now concerned that there isn't much gas left in the tank and calling people baby killers just doesn't have the zing it once did.  Therefore, new issues needed to be exploited in order to divide Americans and create a sense of urgency.  They need some group of people to play the part of the evil menace that they can save America from..... somebody to point to and bully that isn't able to fight back.

I'm not some champion of trans rights, but I think it is disgusting how orchestrated the entire issue has been presented.  The far right looked up and realized that it was no longer socially acceptable to pretend that gay men and women were all child molesters in the making and they could no longer label them as defective human beings.  They looked around the table at Thanksgiving and realized that their family, like every family since the beginning of time, has someone that happens to be gay.  Many had to even stop pretending that the church choir director that never married and helped their wives sew a dress for their daughter's homecoming dance just might be gay. 

That is when someone had a light bulb come on in their brain and they began this crusade against people that they could still bully without consequence. 

Unfortunately, many on the left have allowed themselves to be pushed farther left by feeling the need to defend every issue, instead of simply acknowledging which issues are real and which are exaggerated. The goal of someone like DeSantis is to paint everyone as defective, while disguising it as "protecting the children."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Facepalm 1

These people have mental illnesses. There’s no denying that. It takes a mental illness to brush that behavior aside to the detriment of women and children. There are many gay people that are more appalled than I am because they are placed in the alphabet string with them. Keep defending them. Keep avoiding truth and dismissing definitions. You leftists are losing big time. 

On 6/6/2023 at 11:49 AM, icanthearyou said:

Do not teach your children that it is acceptable to bully those who are different.  Treat them with dignity and respect.

Should we teach children to respect men who dress up in women's clothing and wear makeup? Yes or no? Pick one. 

4 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Should we teach children to respect men who dress up in women's clothing and wear makeup? Yes or no? Pick one. 

Why would we not?  We should teach our children love and kindness for all.

Please, stop being so hateful.  It is in your own best interest.  It is in the best interest of your children, all children.

Edited by icanthearyou
  • Like 1

Just now, icanthearyou said:

Why would we not?  We should teach our children love and kindness for all.

Please, stop being so hateful.  It is in your own best interest.

Ok. What about black face? 

• Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Ok. What about black face? 

How in the world can you possibly equate/compare the two?  Feigning ignorance is your own issue.

Go be disingenuous with someone else.  I have no patience for it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, icanthearyou said:

How in the world can you possibly equate/compare the two?  Feigning ignorance is your own issue.

Go be disingenuous with someone else.  I have no patience for it.

So is it your position that we should teach children to respect drag queens, but not black face? 

2 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

So is it your position that we should teach children to respect drag queens, but not black face? 

Are you truly incapable of understanding the differences between human sexuality and racial prejudice?

• Thanks 1

Are you truly incapable of understanding the differences between human sexuality and racial prejudice?

I am asking a simple question. Why can't you answer it?

I have.  You simply cannot understand.

Your answer is: We should teach children to respect drag queens; we should teach them to not respect black face.

Is that correct?

Just now, NolaAuTiger said:

Your answer is: We should teach children to respect drag queens; we should teach them to not respect black face.

Is that correct?

We should teach our children to accept the differences in human sexuality.  These differences are in on way threatening.  There is no justification for pushing these people to the margins of society.

We should teach our children that displays of racial prejudice are wrong.  Marginalizing people based on race is wrong.

23 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

We should teach our children to accept the differences in human sexuality.  These differences are in on way threatening.  There is no justification for pushing these people to the margins of society.

We should teach our children that displays of racial prejudice are wrong.  Marginalizing people based on race is wrong.

If black face displays racial prejudice, why doesn't drag display sex prejudice? 

Marginalizing people based on race is wrong, yes. As is marginalizing people based on sex, i.e., women in the case of drag. 

Teach children to respect a man who throws on a dress and makeup. Teach them to not respect the same man if he paints his face black. Got it.  

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, NolaAuTiger said:

If black face displays racial prejudice, why doesn't drag display sex prejudice? 

Marginalizing people based on race is wrong, yes. As is marginalizing people based on sex, i.e., women in the case of drag. 

Teach children to respect a man who throws on a dress and makeup. Teach them to not respect the same man if he paints his face black. Got it.  

You have to be pretending.  You cannot be that stupid.

• Like 1

You have to be pretending.  You cannot be that stupid.

If John - a white man - dresses up as a woman on Monday, we are to instruct children to respect him. But if John paints his face black on Tuesday, we are to teach children to not respect him.

Is this accurate? 

• Thanks 1