“LGBTQ” has become a poor catchall for unrelated groups

Many of my gay & lesbian friends have expressed dismay over their issues being dismissed and diminished from both the left & right in part due to lumping everything not deemed “heteronormative” into one broad category. I’ve had friends who no longer participate in Pride Parades because they’ve often become celebrations for various kinks they say are in no way limited to same-sex attraction, e.g. folks in leather dog collars & leashes. This major publication highlights that trend:

35349BCF-2CEE-47DA-863C-31657E376093.jpeg

Is barring children from a furry convention truly an attack on LGBT rights? Is it even an attack on the newly defined Q (anything not heteronormative)? 

I’ve been saying for awhile now that the TQ in the coalition is radicalizing the group and it is spreading.  It appears even Rolling Stone is recognizing it.  Gays Against Grooming is too:

There is, as they say, as simple fix for this.

My employer has lumped a black and brown stripe on the flag that it will fly this month!  Hopefully the movement will just burn itself out. 

• Like 1

I completely agree - to treat that group as all one giant homogeneous population is very stereotypical and intellectually dishonest.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 6/1/2023 at 2:07 PM, GoAU said:

I completely agree - to treat that group as all one giant homogeneous population is very stereotypical and intellectually dishonest.   

This is true. The different groups are indeed not homogenous, no pun intended. 

I know that even the L&G groups are at odds. There is a bar in Bham that is named Womyn, cause they do allow any men in it. Don Lemon just got fired after he let it slip what he actually thinks of women.

I agree. Our society has taken huge steps in accepting gay people, but the alphabet soup that followed, LGBTQA++….has been bad for them. It’s nonsensical and unproductive to use such a broad and divisive umbrella term. 

• Like 1

My employer has raised the flag as it does every June. It has added two more colors this year. Black and brown….

2 hours ago, alexava said:

My employer has raised the flag as it does every June. It has added two more colors this year. Black and brown….

Guess you will be finding a new job then?

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, arein0 said:

Guess you will be finding a new job then?

You ask this irrelevant question. You don’t see that black and brown people have been thrown into the same barrel as sexual degenerates. It’s the all encompassing push for the highly sought victim. They are being enticed, pandered, recruited and created. Truth be damned. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, alexava said:

You ask this irrelevant question. You don’t see that black and brown people have been thrown into the same barrel as sexual degenerates. It’s the all encompassing push for the highly sought victim. They are being enticed, pandered, recruited and created. Truth be damned. 

It was a jab referencing the recent boycotts.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, arein0 said:

It was a jab referencing the recent boycotts.

That makes sense. I have 4 years left to retire so I’m stuck. But I didn’t think of myself as boycotting. I’m not opposed to patronizing these woke companies. I don’t encourage others to do it. I just don’t feel I can buy from them. 
      Then I looked up the definition. Technically, what I’m doing or not doing is boycotting. If it happens to my employer I can’t really blame those who do it. So I hate it for the affected employees. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Nothing but bigotry.  

From those lumping every non normal human being in the same basket. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alexava said:

From those lumping every non normal human being in the same basket. 

So apparently, you think every "non-normal" human belongs is in their own  separate "basket" as opposed to just one big "human basket".  :-\

So how many baskets do you think we should have? 

Care to name them?

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

So apparently, you think every "non-normal" human belongs is in their own  separate "basket" as opposed to just one big "human basket".  :-\

So how many baskets do you think we should have? 

Care to name them?

Two. 

MAGA and, not normal.

• Haha 1

On 5/29/2023 at 2:00 PM, TexasTiger said:

Many of my gay & lesbian friends have expressed dismay over their issues being dismissed and diminished from both the left & right in part due to lumping everything not deemed “heteronormative” into one broad category. I’ve had friends who no longer participate in Pride Parades because they’ve often become celebrations for various kinks they say are in no way limited to same-sex attraction, e.g. folks in leather dog collars & leashes. This major publication highlights that trend:

35349BCF-2CEE-47DA-863C-31657E376093.jpeg

Is barring children from a furry convention truly an attack on LGBT rights? Is it even an attack on the newly defined Q (anything not heteronormative)? 

Just asking out of curiosity, are you one of the LGBT  individuals? Not trying to start a debate, just want to know where you are coming from on your numerous posts.

13 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Just asking out of curiosity, are you one of the LGBT  individuals? Not trying to start a debate, just want to know where you are coming from on your numerous posts.

No, I’m not. 

F9A672DF-1C1F-49BB-9F95-2357A6ACDDCC.jpeg

• Haha 3