“LGBTQ” has become a poor catchall for unrelated groups

3 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

If John - a white man - dresses up as a woman on Monday, we are to instruct children to respect him. But if John paints his face black on Tuesday, we are to teach children to not respect him.

Is this accurate? 

I suppose I was wrong.  You are that stupid. 

You win!!!

• Haha 3

On 6/7/2023 at 11:28 AM, CoffeeTiger said:

but that's just them throwing a hissy fit because they live in a free, secular society ruled by the Constitution. 

Not to rain on your parade, but news flash: The Constitution does not prohibit private discrimination. 

10 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Not to rain on your parade, but news flash: The Constitution does not prohibit private discrimination. 

ok...simple correction then. The point still stands. 

"but that's just them throwing a hissy fit because they live in a free, secular society ruled by Civil rights laws."

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Should we teach children to respect men who dress up in women's clothing and wear makeup? Yes or no? Pick one. 

I'm going to guess you weren't a fan?

image.png

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

ok...simple correction then. The point still stands. 

"but that's just them throwing a hissy fit because they live in a free, secular society ruled by Civil rights laws."

Idk. I think this raises a credibility question. Your criticism would've had way more "punch" had you not cited the incorrect authority. 

Chin up, kid.  

15 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Idk. I think this raises a credibility question. Your criticism would've had way more "punch" had you not cited the incorrect authority. 

Chin up, kid.  

Thanks, Harvey Birdman 

On 6/5/2023 at 12:27 PM, TexasTiger said:

Matt Walsh is a jerk and a bigot with anger issues and I would never align with him. Nonetheless, he poses valid questions to a number of “experts” and “professionals” and they reveal themselves to be irrational and incapable of logical discourse. It reminds me of someone posing valid questions to fundamentalists and hearing the nonsense and circular definitions that follow. There’s a real religiosity to their responses. Having grown up around fundamentalists the comparisons are phenomenal.

There is more truth in this post than we see here on this forum most days. One of the things I hate most in my life is watching fundies do exactly as you say. Talk in circles using meaningless words. It makes all believers look like idiots and morons. 

• Like 1

On 6/6/2023 at 11:49 AM, icanthearyou said:

The political right is making this an issue for a reason.  It is a distraction.

Why are we giving so much oxygen to those on the extremes.  In general, society is doing a pretty good job on it's own.  The vast majority are willing to tolerate, if not accept.

Do not teach your children that it is acceptable to bully those who are different.  Treat them with dignity and respect.  Ignore the unreasonable demands of the radicals.  Protect minors, particularly those whose "dysphoria" is more about self than, sexuality/gender identification.

Define unreasonable demands of radicals please. This is SSSOOO subjective that you are about to find out that there is little, if any common ground.

On 6/6/2023 at 4:50 PM, PUB78 said:

WTH??

On 6/6/2023 at 5:28 PM, TexasTiger said:

Over your head.

WTH is a reaction to a well-thought-out, succinct opinion?  Sad to be you....

On 6/14/2023 at 12:28 PM, NolaAuTiger said:

...stupid for not anticipating your evasion of questions. 

Just because you kept asking the same question, doesn't mean he didn't answer it. 

Look up the origins of blackface and think about the importance of context and intent. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Side note. i rarely come to this portion of the site. What’s interesting is why argue with someone you probably don’t know and won’t change their mind? Seems pointless. I’ve had Mormons at my front door - nice folks but they admitted that their conversion success rate was …. “very low”. If you’re a kumbaya liberal or a grumpy MAGA i doubt the “conversation” rate is any better. 

But in a world where we watch and read news and opinions from sources that tell us we’re absolutely right and the other side is wrong, naive, idiots, or just plain evil - they’re out to get you - this a place where different perspectives are pulverized but at least listened too. Which is kinda cool.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 1

On 6/14/2023 at 1:12 PM, NolaAuTiger said:

Should we teach children to respect men who dress up in women's clothing and wear makeup? Yes or no? Pick one. 

They make the simple way too difficult. It’s not just makeup. It’s mental illness. The point being evaded is that this administration chose, handpicked a group of the best yo-yos they could find yet still they couldn’t act like normal human beings for a couple hours at the ******* White House. They weren’t protesting they were being celebrated and acted like the freaks they are. This is so embarrassing to the left they ignore it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/13/2023 at 10:24 PM, alexava said:

This is the Biden White House. You sleep with dogs you get fleas. 

IMG_1644.png

While I totally support the group, this did nothing but offend every person we need to be on our side. 

Turnig the WH into a two-bit titty bar is a universally bad look. An now even the groups that should be your allies are now turning against your dumbass.

WTG! <smfh>

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

While I totally support the group, this did nothing but offend every person we need to be on our side. 

Turnig the WH into a two-bit titty bar is a universally bad look. An now even the groups that should be your allies are now turning against your dumbass.

WTG! <smfh>

The group would not be happy with your “ total” support. You denounced their legitimacy in women’s sports and want children protected from chemical and surgical mutation. Make no mistake, you are their enemy and they would try their damned best to cancel your career or life. I see no difference between you and Matt Walsh. They won’t either. No matter how patronizing you try to sound while you are pointing out the obvious truth about them. 

1 hour ago, alexava said:

The group would not be happy with your “ total” support. You denounced their legitimacy in women’s sports and want children protected from chemical and surgical mutation. Make no mistake, you are their enemy and they would try their damned best to cancel your career or life. I see no difference between you and Matt Walsh. They won’t either. No matter how patronizing you try to sound while you are pointing out the obvious truth about them. 

If that is the radical side of supporting LGBT then I am firmly against it. I don't like Walsh's delivery, but I can firmly say he did the world a favor with the interviews. If you claim to be educated, sophisticated, etc but cannot clearly articulate your position then you are the problem. 

20 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

If that is the radical side of supporting LGBT then I am firmly against it. I don't like Walsh's delivery, but I can firmly say he did the world a favor with the interviews. If you claim to be educated, sophisticated, etc but cannot clearly articulate your position then you are the problem. 

So you agree with me? You agree with Walsh except his lack of patronizing? He’s mean? 

• Like 1

Quick rant. Damn some people worry about different stuff than me. Woke, are trans people coming to take our sons penises, ….  society imploding before our very eyes.

I’m ridiculously boring  1) balance the friggin budget. 2)  focus on the basics first - defense, infrastructure, education (we’re a joke and were long before woke stuff) ect. 3) term limits - eradicate the parasites on both sides out of gov. It’s 3rd world corruption without the coups. 4) the 2 party primary system has unleashed the extremes. It’s nutsville. We’re tracking towards another election where our system gives us the choice of trump vs Biden. Again. They’re the absolute best options our country can produce. Say that 3 times.

The lgbtq debate is complex and highly personal. Society will have to figure it out over time. However, imo it’s the boring stuff, that are rarely discussed, that are the critical threats to us and the country.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

focus on the basics first - defense, infrastructure, education

Defense-We do a decent job

Infrastructure- eh, could be far better

Education- embarrassing and getting worse

We’re tracking towards another election where our system gives us the choice of trump vs Biden. Again. They’re the absolute best options our country can produce. Say that 3 times.

Sad yeah, but as long as my team wins......

it’s the boring stuff, that are rarely discussed, that are the critical threats to us and the country.

I enjoy your post. Thought provoking rather than the usual emotional garbage.

48 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Defense-We do a decent job

Infrastructure- eh, could be far better

Education- embarrassing and getting worse

Sad yeah, but as long as my team wins......

I enjoy your post. Thought provoking rather than the usual emotional garbage.

This has always been hard. Hamilton - big powerful fed gov, big city values (liberal). Jefferson (states rule oriented, rural values (conservative). Both brilliant. Almost killed each other. Literally. Passionate and at opposite ends  (aoc vs mtg stuff) but realized democracies require losing as well as winning. Or the whole damn thing falls apart. (It’s not the iron bowl) And that it’s called the United STATES - some things were just too deeply cultural, not reconcilable, and just needed to be handled regionally.

imo the tea party vs Obama started this dangerous win without compromise stuff. And Fox and/vs MSNBC have figured out how to manipulate and monetize it. Bottom line - If we’re not prepared to listen and compromise anymore - let’s just go the dictator/military revolution every 20 yrs route and call it a day.

Back to the LGBTQ debate.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 2

On 6/14/2023 at 2:12 PM, NolaAuTiger said:

You should respect every human being to some degree.  You certainly don't teach children that it is acceptable to harm people or hurt those that are different from themselves.  Some conversations aren't necessary at early ages, but that has always been the case, regardless of the topic.

3 hours ago, AU9377 said:

You should respect every human being to some degree.  You certainly don't teach children that it is acceptable to harm people or hurt those that are different from themselves.  Some conversations aren't necessary at early ages, but that has always been the case, regardless of the topic.

Who is teaching children to harm or hurt anyone?

• Like 1