Brother Of Tommy Tuberville Rebukes Senator's 'Vile Rhetoric' On Race

David Moye
Wed, May 31, 2023 at 3:52 PM CDT

Sen. Tommy Tuberville (R-Ala.) has recently come under fire for making incendiary comments related to race — with even his own brother now voicing disapproval.

On Friday, musician Charles Tuberville, who has reportedly played with B.B. King, Leon Russell, Johnny Winter, Delbert McClinton and other stars, took to Facebook to condemn his politician sibling.

“Due to recent statements by him promoting racial stereotypes, white nationalism and other various controversial topics, I feel compelled to distance myself from his ignorant, hateful rants,” wrote the songsmith.

“I DO NOT agree with any of the vile rhetoric coming out of his mouth,” he added. “Please don’t confuse my brother with me. Thanks.”

The social media post, which had received hundreds of “likes” and other reactions as of Wednesday afternoon, came shortly after the Alabama Republican suggested on a podcast that inner-city teachers don’t know how to read or write — a comment that drew accusations of racism.

And earlier this month, the senator defended the idea of white nationalists serving in the military, telling Birmingham radio station WBHM that they deserve the “opportunity to make this country better” just like any other American.

Tommy Tuberville also faced pushback last year for comments about reparations for the descendants of enslaved people.

HuffPost reached out to the senator for comment but did not receive an immediate response.

Related...

David Moye

Wed, May 31, 2023 at 3:52 PM CDT

Sen. Tommy Tuberville (R-Ala.) has recently come under fire for making incendiary comments related to race — with even his own brother now voicing disapproval.

On Friday, musician Charles Tuberville, who has reportedly played with B.B. King, Leon Russell, Johnny Winter, Delbert McClinton and other stars, took to Facebook to condemn his politician sibling.

“Due to recent statements by him promoting racial stereotypes, white nationalism and other various controversial topics, I feel compelled to distance myself from his ignorant, hateful rants,” wrote the songsmith.

“I DO NOT agree with any of the vile rhetoric coming out of his mouth,” he added. “Please don’t confuse my brother with me. Thanks.”

The social media post, which had received hundreds of “likes” and other reactions as of Wednesday afternoon, came shortly after the Alabama Republican suggested on a podcast that inner-city teachers don’t know how to read or write — a comment that drew accusations of racism.

And earlier this month, the senator defended the idea of white nationalists serving in the military, telling Birmingham radio station WBHM that they deserve the “opportunity to make this country better” just like any other American.

Tommy Tuberville also faced pushback last year for comments about reparations for the descendants of enslaved people.

HuffPost reached out to the senator for comment but did not receive an immediate response.

Related...

Tuberville Draws Fire For Holding Hundreds Of Military Promotions ‘Hostage’ Over Abortion

HEY SON OF A TIGER? even tubs brother says he is a racist. i believe he would in fact know don't you?

• Like 1

where ya at son of a tiger? hello? come on n and talk to poor ol fiddy and let me know you were mistaken about tubs being a racist.