2023 Juco Big Addarin Scott Commits To AU!

toddc

On 6/10/2023 at 4:41 PM, ellitor said:

@KansasTiger Who says he's one dimensional? I haven't seen a scouting report on him.

His stats suggest that he barely played minutes at a super small school. The only take away that is positive from his stats is that his per 48 minute scoring and rebounding were insane. But he was coming off the bench and barely getting minutes without foul trouble, so.....that implies many things.

But perhaps he's made a leap and obviously CBP must see something that we cannot. But it looks like an end of the bench depth piece without more info. 

4 hours ago, HAPvsOA said:

His stats suggest that he barely played minutes at a super small school. The only take away that is positive from his stats is that his per 48 minute scoring and rebounding were insane. But he was coming off the bench and barely getting minutes without foul trouble, so.....that implies many things.

But perhaps he's made a leap and obviously CBP must see something that we cannot. But it looks like an end of the bench depth piece without more info. 

@HAPvsOA I don't know to what extent but I do know he had injury issues that severely affected his minutes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

image.pngI’m not sure if this stat line is the one that people are looking at when referencing his minutes per game. If so, then one would have to logically deduce that something is off in these figures. I do not think it is possible to attempt 239 shots, pull down 212 rebounds, and block 40 shots in 130 minutes of action.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, PotPot said:

image.pngI’m not sure if this stat line is the one that people are looking at when referencing his minutes per game. If so, then one would have to logically deduce that something is off in these figures. I do not think it is possible to attempt 239 shots, pull down 212 rebounds, and block 40 shots in 130 minutes of action.

And he started 28 of 31 games? Was he the jump man on the tip-off and then play sparingly after? LOL, yeah, I think something is off with his minutes played.

• Haha 1

I don't know, I think he looks at least adequate for the role we brought him in to play.:dunno:

53 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

I don't know, I think he looks at least adequate for the role we brought him in to play.:dunno:

He can dunk a b-ball I’ll give him that.

59 minutes ago, toddc said:

He can dunk a b-ball I’ll give him that.

There were some highlights of him making hook shots later on, and there was one 3-pointer in there (stats say he was a 25% shooter from 3, though he didn't shoot that far away much). A lot of those dunks were putbacks, too, so he gets a board and a bucket.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2023 at 1:00 PM, PotPot said:

I read somewhere that Lache Seastrunk had similar stats as a 2 sport athlete back in the day...

• Haha 1

Yeah, something is off. Who starts 18 out of 19 conference games and gets 2.3 minutes per game. ?

On 6/10/2023 at 1:47 PM, KansasTiger said:

I like the lineup overall. I'm slightly dissapointed on this latest recruit. I dont see why at this point in our trajectory as a program or pearl as a coach we need to recruit someone that will get playing time thats relatively one dimensional (the we got him for rebound help argument).

I am not as optimistic as y'all.  However I think we will be pretty good.  I am fine with this recruit.  We have the scholarships and need a backup big in a bad way.  He can cover and hold the line while our shooters ball out in a pinch. (IE when cardwell and Broome foul out/ get injured )

On 6/18/2023 at 2:00 PM, PotPot said:

All SEC!

31 minutes ago, Lotto said:

I am not as optimistic as y'all.  However I think we will be pretty good.  I am fine with this recruit.  We have the scholarships and need a backup big in a bad way.  He can cover and hold the line while our shooters ball out in a pinch. (IE when cardwell and Broome foul out/ get injured )

I will be 100% real with you, your takes confuse me. You're really high on people like Moore and a bunch of our guards from last season if my memory of your comments during the season is correct, but not on the guards we have coming in. Guards that can clearly address what has held the team back for two years in a row.

He will be able to provide some minutes when needed unlike Stretch. We are basically replacing Stretch who was a great locker room leader who never really contributed on the court.  With a player who can give us some contribution on the court.  As many have pointed out the stats that we have on him are inaccurate. He either played a lot more minutes then the stats indicated or his points scored, blocks and rebounds were greatly inflated.

Because Bruce and staff want him I have to believe minutes played is incorrect. As I have said a few times on this thread anything beyond some filler minutes due to injury or foul trouble will be gravy. We can all hope for gravy but as long as he gives us those filler minutes when needed I am happy.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

I will be 100% real with you, your takes confuse me. You're really high on people like Moore and a bunch of our guards from last season if my memory of your comments during the season is correct, but not on the guards we have coming in. Guards that can clearly address what has held the team back for two years in a row.

What guard from last season was I high on?