Declassified Report on Covid Origins

AUApostle

4 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

I said people like you. If your argument tactics are going to take you down the road of where I was two months ago, and that only people that have been posting on the political board have validity to argue certain points, you've all but given up. You're ignoring most of my post and choosing to focus on one part you can salvage an argument about. That's sad.

You said I was backtracking. That's not a generality, as you are claiming. I never said your overall arguments are invalid because you just started posting, but if you're going to 1) claim without basis that I used to say something different and I've since reversed, and 2) label someone a liberal when you have no idea what their history is. that's a problem.

Edited by Leftfield

20 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

You said I was backtracking. That's not a generality, as you are claiming. I never said your overall arguments are invalid because you just started posting, but if you're going to 1) claim without basis that I used to say something different and I've since reversed, and 2) label someone a liberal when you have no idea what tbeir history is. that's a problem.

I've seen enough of your posts to know. You have no idea what I was looking at the past year. The liberal position is indefensible in this case. So you'll try and make it about you specifically. I dont care what you said specifically. I care that liberals use the misinformation attack to eliminate actual conversation. Just like the point of this thread. People who believed the lab leak were called crazy conspiracy theorists and shut down for misinformation. And now all the liberals are saying 'Well, I didn't specifically call anyone that'.

I'm not going to let you derail this argument into stupid semantics because you lack substance in your main argument.

Edited by KansasTiger
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

4 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

I've seen enough of your posts to know. You have no idea what I was looking at the past year.

I'm not going to let you derail this argument into stupid semantics because you lack substance in your main argument.

Covid started far more than a year ago.

Where did I lack substance? Where did I reverse course?

Edited by Leftfield

7 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Covid started far more than a year ago.

Where did I lack substance? Where did I reverse course?

I edited my response. I dont specifically care what you said, that's not the point of my argument. I know its your one get out of logic jail free card here, because it allows you to escape what the left has been doing repeatedly by shrugging your shoulders and saying 'but not me'.

4 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

I edited my response. I dont specifically care what you said, that's not the point of my argument. I know its your one get out of logic jail free card here, because it allows you to escape what the left has been doing repeatedly by shrugging your shoulders and saying 'but not me'.

And apparently you're not seeing that I wasn't defending the 'liberal" position. I was defending the scientific position. Your entire point was that scientists claimed it was settled that the lab leak didn't happen. That was not true. Some in the media certainly said it, and some in media and government made claims about the leak and vaccines that weren't true. I've never defended that and I won't, but I will call out people that make false claims about what scientists were asserting. 

You have a real penchant for injecting insults and assigning false motives on those you disagree with. The irony of you getting upset that I'm trying to change the focus of the argument, as you are now doing by claiming you were speaking about liberals and the media instead of scientists, is not lost.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

And apparently you're not seeing that I wasn't defending the 'liberal" position. I was defending the scientific position. Your entire point was that scientists claimed it was settled that the lab leak didn't happen. That was not true. Some in the media certainly said it, and some in media and government made claims about the leak and vaccines that weren't true. I've never defended that and I won't, but I will call out people that make false claims about what scientists were asserting. 

You have a real penchant for injecting insults and assigning false motives on those you disagree with. The irony of you getting upset that I'm trying to change the focus of the argument, as you are now doing by claiming you were speaking about liberals and the media instead of scientists, is not lost.

I went back to re-read our back and forth. I think there was a basic disconnect at the beginning. I have been arguing this whole time from the perspective of what the media and left have been saying, not scientists. I have thoughts on that as well, but different, and that wasn't what I was sharing. That may explain some of the disconnect in our back and forth.

I think it happened when I said in one of my responses 'the same people claimed the lab leak was debunked'. I meant the media. That's why in my next reply I shared a media screenshot, and then in my next reply after that I specifically started talking about the media. I could have been more clear in that first comment.

I'm not actually as angry as you probably think. I was going to tell you that I think you have some penchants of your own while arguing, but after the discovered misread by one or both of us (maybe just me), I'll just leave it be.

• Facepalm 1

On 6/24/2023 at 12:58 PM, aubaseball said:

Keep spreading the nonsense that you do.   You miss the point completely.   You literally had a democratic governor who was championed as being the best ever during this time put sick people back into nursing homes with the most vulnerable of people to catch the virus.   He was literally championed all over tv as the person that was best at dealing with this pandemic.   
you are completely missing the point and are as I’m concerned, clueless.   You fail to see the hesitation, whether warranted or not by people, because of information that was spewed out of the mouths of talking heads on tv concerning anything about this topic.   It’s individuals like yourself, who blame the ones for hesitancy, because they are told that the virus did not originate from a lab, when anyone with half a brain, could figure out that it most likely originated from there.  Yet, you don’t even accept that someone could be reluctant to believe the crap that was feed to them.   

Where it originated has never been something that was at the top of my concerns regarding Covid.  The people I trust never said that they knew with certainty exactly where it originated.  What does how we deal with Covid have to do with where it came from?  I know 6 people that died because they got Covid. The response should have never been political, but it was. You are very quick to go directly to politics.  Look...the governor of New York made a mistake.  That has to mean that he did nothing right.  All the while, you refuse to acknowledge any of the many mistakes made by people promoting absolutely atrocious information concerning how to best deal with the problem.  Was the source a lab leak?  Probably.  Does this report establish that?  No.  Is the CDC and NIH out to get you? No. Instead, they work every day to help protect you, even if it is from yourselves.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

I know 6 people that died because they got Covid.

Do you now?

That number seems awfully high given the actual mortality rate that we now know to be factually accurate. Highly improbable statistically.

Furthermore, from reading this board casually over the past few years, you're at least the 3rd or 4th person (all Left leaning by some peculiar chance!) who have claimed to know an absurd amount of people who "died from COVID". 

The AUFAMILY political board must be the unluckiest sample population size on the entire internet. 

But hey, you said it on the internet 😉.

• Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, metafour said:

Do you now?

That number seems awfully high given the actual mortality rate that we now know to be factually accurate. Highly improbable statistically.

Furthermore, from reading this board casually over the past few years, you're at least the 3rd or 4th person (all Left leaning by some peculiar chance!) who have claimed to know an absurd amount of people who "died from COVID". 

The AUFAMILY political board must be the unluckiest sample population size on the entire internet. 

1. 36 year old that had recovered from Cancer.  He got Covid earl on and recovered and then got it again.  The second time led to him getting pneumonia.  He fought for well over a month in the ICU, but died.

2. 72 year old that had no obvious health problems.  He was over weight and had an undiscovered blockage.  Nonetheless, it was Covid that filled his lungs with fluid.  He died after several weeks in the ICU.

3. 64 year old who was otherwise healthy.  He refused to go to the hospital and by the time they called the ambulance, he was too weak to recover.

4. 70 year old retired teacher.  She died after being in the ICU for several weeks.

5. 48 year old paramedic.  He also struggled in the ICU for several weeks on a ventilator before dying.

6. I'm not certain of her exact age, but she was a retired receptionist in our office.  I would guess that she was in her late 60s.  She and her husband were both admitted to the hospital.  She died and he recovered.

I wish they were fake,  but unfortunately they are no longer here due to having contracted Covid.

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, metafour said:

Do you now?

Most of the people on this board live in Alabama and many more live in a neighboring state and have family and friends still here.  For 2021, the leading causes of death in Alabama were:

Heart disease
Cancer
COVID-19
Accidents
Stroke
Chronic Lower Respiratory Diseases
Alzheimer’s Disease
Diabetes
Septicemia
Kidney Disease

But you can't see how many on this board would know multiple people who died sometime between March 2020 and now from COVID?  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Leftfield said:

No, they didn't. They said evidence did not point to a lab leak. They never dismissed it, and the subject was left open for additional evidence to emerge.  The fact that one government agency shifted their stance to say they now believe the lab leak to be the more likely explanation does not change the fact that the majority of agencies have not. More evidence may emerge such that we all know for sure that it did come from the lab. If so, great, but right now that just isn't the case.

Again, get it right. There are three govt agencies saying that the lab leak is the only reasonable theory out there. 
The press did in fact dismiss the theory straight up. But like I said, three govt agencies now admit that the lab leak theory is the only theory likely to be true. 

• Facepalm 1

10 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Again, get it right. 

You really are incapable of talking with someone without being a condescending prick, aren't you?

11 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

There are three govt agencies saying that the lab leak is the only reasonable theory out there. 
The press did in fact dismiss the theory straight up. But like I said, three govt agencies now admit that the lab leak theory is the only theory likely to be true. 

I said one agency (Department of Energy) switched. I didn't say it was the only agency that claims the lab leak to be the most likely cause. I was pointing it out because naturally tons of people seized on the report as evidence they'd been right all along. It may very well be true, but the Department of Energy changing their stance does not definitively prove it, particularly because they rate their position as "low confidence." 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

Again, get it right. There are three govt agencies saying that the lab leak is the only reasonable theory out there. 

The important party here is Fauci.  Did Fauci say the lab leak theory is the only theory likely to be true?  He will try to protect his *gain of function* project until his death.

• Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

On 6/26/2023 at 8:52 AM, TitanTiger said:

I'll try to go back and see if I can fish out the few among the cesspool of tinfoil hat idiocy.

Wear your waders.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

The important party here is Fauci.  Did Fauci say the lab leak theory is the only theory likely to be true?  He will try to protect his *gain of function* project until his death.

I mean, I guess people can react to the sentiment of this post, but is it not pretty established that we did in fact fund gain of function research through EcoHealth in Wuhan? Even liberal WAPO in their article defending Fauci goes through a fancy tap dance in their attempt to do so, going so far as to call 7 of 11 doctors agreeing it was gain of function a 'split in the scientific community', instead of what it is, a clear majority.

16 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

I mean, I guess people can react to the sentiment of this post, but is it not pretty established that we did in fact fund gain of function research through EcoHealth in Wuhan? Even liberal WAPO in their article defending Fauci goes through a fancy tap dance in their attempt to do so, going so far as to call 7 of 11 doctors agreeing it was gain of function a 'split in the scientific community', instead of what it is, a clear majority.

Yes, Fauci is CYAing all over the place here.  Some people here believe in Fauci, I think he is a mercenary  SOB.  He doesn’t want it let out that his gain of function pet project could be responsible for COVID.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Yes, Fauci is CYAing all over the place here.  Some people here believe in Fauci, I think he is a mercenary  SOB.  He doesn’t want it let out that his gain of function pet project could be responsible for COVID.

The last part is something I can't verify to my knowledge. I dont know if there's a link to his gain of function research and Covid. It would be a hell of a coincidence both originating in Wuhan, but I havent seen the evidence yet. Doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

The last part is something I can't verify to my knowledge. I dont know if there's a link to his gain of function research and Covid. It would be a hell of a coincidence both originating in Wuhan, but I havent seen the evidence yet. Doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

This is why it is important to have Senator Rand Paul and other question him on the Senate floor.  I hope they push to do it.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

This is why it is important to have Senator Rand Paul and other question him on the Senate floor.  I hope they push to do it.

While I enjoy Dr. Paul going ham on Fauci, I don't know what good it will actually do. He's shown he is willing to lie directly to the senate without much consequence coming to him.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Which btw, as a side note, Rand Paul is someone I would not hesitate to support for president. Maybe the one republican I can think of that isn't afraid to fight the corruption AND protect personal freedom. Something most GOPers fail on one or mostly both counts.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

He's shown he is willing to lie directly to the senate without much consequence coming to him.

Source?

15 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Source?

Simple Observation that he said they didn't fund it and then it turns out they did? And then left media had to write novels playing the definition game to say that something most doctors/scientists looked at and thought was gain of function research really wasn't because of some long winded technicalities. Actually sounded an awful like some of you on this forum. Guess I see where you guys get it. 

Edited by KansasTiger
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

1 hour ago, KansasTiger said:

Which btw, as a side note, Rand Paul is someone I would not hesitate to support for president. Maybe the one republican I can think of that isn't afraid to fight the corruption AND protect personal freedom. Something most GOPers fail on one or mostly both counts.

86286126138aeac7.thumb.png.2a59851ff396c72d83d9ee784745330d.png

Now audit the fed!!!

In reality I'm not sure what this is actually going to accomplish since the DoD has failed like 5 audits in a row.  This is more grandstanding than fighting corruption by Paul, but its still more than most of them do. I want a RFK/Paul ticket and watch everyone in washington meltdown. 

Edited by KansasTiger

1 hour ago, KansasTiger said:

Simple Observation that he said they didn't fund it and then it turns out they did? And then left media had to write novels playing the definition game to say that something most doctors/scientists looked at and thought was gain of function research really wasn't because of some long winded technicalities. 

I'm assuming, since you won't provide a source, that you're referring to the chimera research they did? Certainly some scientists disagree as to whether that's gain of function, but just because some see it that way does not mean Fauci lied, as clearly the NIH doesn't see it that way.

I suppose since you disagree, Fauci must obviously be a scumbag who must be destroyed. Clearly he's been working just to make himself rich and powerful with his 50+ years in public service and becoming one of the most respected people in the world in the medical field. It's too bad Rand Paul, or at the least SOMEONE during Fauci's service through seven Presidential administrations, couldn't have discovered sooner how evil he was and saved us.

Edited by Leftfield

3 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

I'm assuming, since you won't provide a source, that you're referring to the chimera research they did? Certainly some scientists disagree as to whether that's gain of function, but just because some see it that way does not mean Fauci lied, as clearly the NIH doesn't see it that way.

I suppose since you disagree, Fauci must obviously be a scumbag who must be destroyed. Clearly he's been working just to make himself rich and powerful with his 50+ years in public service and becoming one of the most respected people in the world in the medical field. It's too bad Rand Paul, or at the least SOMEONE during Fauci's service through seven Presidential administrations, couldn't have discovered sooner how evil he was and saved us.

Yes, it really is a shame. Would have saved some lives for what he and others did during the AIDS emergence, too.

• Like 1