Declassified Report on Covid Origins

AUApostle

Released on a Friday night of course.  Confirming a probable lab leak that we all knew back in 2020.

Now, when will it be confirmed that it was purposeful?

• Like 3

Anyone 'member when the mere mention that it could be a lab leak would get one publicly castigated as spreading misinformation and/or being xenophobic/racist/anti-science?

(Raises hand)

From a purely psychological perspective, the entire pandemic is one of those bright lines where you're aware when things really became different, and there's likely no going back.  Kind of like pre- and post-9/11, there's pre- and post-Covid.

• Like 7
  • Facepalm 1

19 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

It was truly the beginning of bizarro world.   When towns were burning, but it was considered mostly peaceful protest.   When a drug was mentioned as to the spreading of the disease and benefits of it, it was called a horse pill and spread as not science.   
when politicians got in front of cameras and said to their constituents, to get in the face of their opponents and harass them, but that was considered ok because they were bad people.   
when governors decided to make their own rules when it came to how a person could vote, and that was ok without going through the proper process.   

Regardless of origin, we also had people that literally argued that it wasn't real or was some politically motivated emergency, which was the farthest thing from the truth.  Anyone in the medical field could tell you the number of people being admitted to hospitals was overwhelming the health care system and the number of deaths were sky rocketing, yet we were wasting time and energy arguing nonsensical arguments about the need to develop a vaccine and mask wearing. 

Even after effective vaccines were developed, we had to fight more dis-information.  We know that the vaccines are some of the safest most effective ever developed, yet some will believe anything they find on the internet and swear that they kill people.  The entire event should have been a non-political set of circumstances that everyone worked together to overcome.  Instead, we found ourselves easily manipulated and divided due almost exclusively to the promoting of conspiracy theories and the willingness of some to believe anything that pushed back against what they had been convinced was their enemy but was really just other Americans trying to help them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

Regardless of origin, we also had people that literally argued that it wasn't real or was some politically motivated emergency, which was the farthest thing from the truth.  Anyone in the medical field could tell you the number of people being admitted to hospitals was overwhelming the health care system and the number of deaths were sky rocketing, yet we were wasting time and energy arguing nonsensical arguments about the need to develop a vaccine and mask wearing. 

Even after effective vaccines were developed, we had to fight more dis-information.  We know that the vaccines are some of the safest most effective ever developed, yet some will believe anything they find on the internet and swear that they kill people.  The entire event should have been a non-political set of circumstances that everyone worked together to overcome.  Instead, we found ourselves easily manipulated and divided due almost exclusively to the promoting of conspiracy theories and the willingness of some to believe anything that pushed back against what they had been convinced was their enemy but was really just other Americans trying to help them.

Keep spreading the nonsense that you do.   You miss the point completely.   You literally had a democratic governor who was championed as being the best ever during this time put sick people back into nursing homes with the most vulnerable of people to catch the virus.   He was literally championed all over tv as the person that was best at dealing with this pandemic.   
you are completely missing the point and are as I’m concerned, clueless.   You fail to see the hesitation, whether warranted or not by people, because of information that was spewed out of the mouths of talking heads on tv concerning anything about this topic.   It’s individuals like yourself, who blame the ones for hesitancy, because they are told that the virus did not originate from a lab, when anyone with half a brain, could figure out that it most likely originated from there.  Yet, you don’t even accept that someone could be reluctant to believe the crap that was feed to them.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, AUDevil said:

I do believe it came out of the Wuhan lab, but I don't read this report as supporting that thesis.  It says the Dept of Energy and the FBI feels that is likely, but then it says the IC's think it was a natural occurence.    And, then it adds the CIA has no opinion on where it originated.   I think all this report does is it gives all sides something to cite.   This report loses credibility with me when it cites to what the Chinese say about the lab workers who got sick -- basically they just had a cold.   If you believe that, give me a ring about some really nice ocean front property I have for sale in Arizona. 

Just now, aubiefifty said:

if a person has hep c and works in a restaurant they will be fired immediately and a notice will be posted for customers to see i guess in case they start feeling funky. it happened in anniston tho i forget which restaurant. but it was one i attended. i think covid was in the ballpark. it killed a lot of people. it killed a few of my friends and coworkers. and i took the vaccine and the booster and i was oen of the at risk guys so i am ok with it. but there were also other cures. a best friend and his wife both got a some kind of blood work of some kind done and they were fine. i guess my point is in the this day and time who knows what the truth is and what is bull? ok back to my book...........

Fifty, in our history there was this mechanism referred to as investigative journalists.   These were smart people who dug in, did research and called balls and strikes as they saw them.   For the most they were not influenced by political biases.  They became a source of truth on many things.  Unfortunately most of them either died or disappeared about 15 years ago. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LPTiger said:

Fifty, in our history there was this mechanism referred to as investigative journalists.   These were smart people who dug in, did research and called balls and strikes as they saw them.   For the most they were not influenced by political biases.  They became a source of truth on many things.  Unfortunately most of them either died or disappeared about 15 years ago. 

i have no idea where it came form or if it was a coverup. all i know is one friend in particular laid in the hospital fighting for his breath and his life until his body gave out. and it as a long and horrible death.

On 6/24/2023 at 8:21 AM, AUDevil said:

Released on a Friday night of course.  Confirming a probable lab leak that we all knew back in 2020.

Now, when will it be confirmed that it was purposeful?

Please, please, please get the damn story right.

Did COVID come from the Wuhan Lab? OF ******* COURSE. Anyone who believed otherwise is truly a SF, and I mean an unrepentant SF. At no time ever did the Wet Market info timeline ever supercede the staff getting sick at the Wuhan Lab. If you FOLLOWED THE FACTS AND SCIENCE, you knew this shortly after the news broke on COVID. BUT trump said so and therefore he had to slammed as a racist.

trump stated the very obvious, that the virus came from the Wuhan Lab-RACIST.
trump stopped flights from China-RACIST. 
trump labeled the virus "The W-U-H-A-N Virus"-RACIST (In case you don't know you still cant even say that on this board even as an example. AUF has it denied.)
etc etc etc. 

In what may long-term be scene as one of the very few things he got right in his time in DC he did and realized the right thing and said and did the right thing here. 

He also at first dragged his feet. Likely a forgivable thing if you consider the TWO WEEKS MASK DOCTRINE at the time. Even Pelosi went into China town and proclaimed it to be safe. 

BUT FOR GOD"S SAKE PLEASE DONT TRY AND SPIN THE DELUSION THAT IT WAS ON PURPOSE. 

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Let’s try again. Talk about COVID origins. If you want to discuss your pet vaccine wacko theories, go somewhere else. 

I did and the posts got removed.

14 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

I did and the posts got removed.

I'll try to go back and see if I can fish out the few among the cesspool of tinfoil hat idiocy.

16 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Let’s try again. Talk about COVID origins. If you want to discuss your pet vaccine wacko theories, go somewhere else. 

Just for clarity, is there also a right leaning mod, or hell just not a liberal mod, that frequents the political board, or is this just you ruling over this with an iron first, using disinformation as a convenient excuse to silence opinions you don't like? I guess it makes sense why there aren't that many independent thinkers on this side of the forum.

Edited by KansasTiger
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Just for clarity, is there also a right leaning mod, or hell just not a liberal mod, that frequents the political board, or is this just you ruling over this with an iron first, using disinformation as a convenient excuse to silence opinions you don't like? I guess it makes sense why there aren't that many independent thinkers on this side of the forum.

By calling Titan liberal you're already showing you don't know the history of what's going on here.

At Titan's request, I'm not going to get into any specifics. All I'll say is that, contrary to much of what you saw posted in this thread before, no one was censored or removed from the board for saying the virus came from the lab or pointing out that government employees or elected officials said something that overpromised or wasn't true. The problem was when the actual science was attacked and ridiculous and/or debunked claims (aka disinformation) were being pushed. 

4 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

By calling Titan liberal you're already showing you don't know the history of what's going on here.

At Titan's request, I'm not going to get into any specifics. All I'll say is that, contrary to much of what you saw posted in this thread before, no one was censored or removed from the board for saying the virus came from the lab or pointing out that government employees or elected officials said something that overpromised or wasn't true. The problem was when the actual science was attacked and ridiculous and/or debunked claims (aka disinformation) were being pushed. 

The same people claimed the lab leak was debunked. But no matter how many times something comes out that shows 'mainstream consensus' is not synonymous with 'correct', you'll still use it to silence differing voices.

Just now, KansasTiger said:

The same people claimed the lab leak was debunked. But no matter how many times something comes out that shows 'mainstream consensus' is not synonymous with 'correct', you'll still use it to silence differing voices.

No, they didn't. They said evidence did not point to a lab leak. They never dismissed it, and the subject was left open for additional evidence to emerge.  The fact that one government agency shifted their stance to say they now believe the lab leak to be the more likely explanation does not change the fact that the majority of agencies have not. More evidence may emerge such that we all know for sure that it did come from the lab. If so, great, but right now that just isn't the case.

7 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

No, they didn't. They said evidence did not point to a lab leak. They never dismissed it, and the subject was left open for additional evidence to emerge.  The fact that one government agency shifted their stance to say they now believe the lab leak to be the more likely explanation does not change the fact that the majority of agencies have not. More evidence may emerge such that we all know for sure that it did come from the lab. If so, great, but right now that just isn't the case.

Again, if you lie while sounding authoritative, it's still a lie. This took me a minute of googling to find and there's alot more.

Screenshot_20230626_105944_Brave.thumb.jpg.7f0fdc0b787dc6abffc27bb3994c402a.jpg

9 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Again, if you lie while sounding authoritative, it's still a lie. This took me a minute of googling to find and there's alot more.

Screenshot_20230626_105944_Brave.thumb.jpg.7f0fdc0b787dc6abffc27bb3994c402a.jpg

Of course there's more. Go ahead, call me a liar, and pull sensationaliatic headlines as proof that the majority of the scientific community and organizations said you were an idiot if you thought the lab leak theory was plausible, but that's not what happened. If you read the article you posted, then you know that wasn't even the full context of what he was talking about. He was referencing Redfield's statement about manipulating the virus, making it better and better for study. It's fair to blame CNN for a misleading headline, but it doesn't confirm what you're saying.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Of course there's more. Go ahead, call me a liar, and pull sensationaliatic headlines as proof that the majority of the scientific community and organizations said you were an idiot if you thought the lab leak theory was plausible, but that's not what happened. If you read the article you posted, then you know that wasn't even the full context of what he was talking about. He was referencing Redfield's statement about manipulating the virus, making it better and better for study. It's fair to blame CNN for a misleading headline, but it doesn't confirm what you're saying.

That's not how it was used by the media. That's not how it was used by liberals like you. It was used just like these things always are. This is the agreed to fact. Disagree, and that's disinformation. Until it magically isn't, and then you backtrack like you are now.

People need to get out of the habit of using the term disinformation and misinformation. Most of the time, we don't even know what's right or wrong until months or years later. It's weaponized and used to silence free speech, and as we've seen, sometimes truth.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, KansasTiger said:

Based on my voting record both in national and state/local elections, if I'm a liberal, I'm the worst one ever.  

That said, it's disinformation.  But the great thing is, the internet's a big place.  You have plenty of spaces on it to blather your pseudoscientific notions on COVID vaccines til your keyboard wears out.  But this ain't one of 'em.

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Based on my voting record both in national and state/local elections, if I'm a liberal, I'm the worst one ever.  

That said, it's disinformation.  But the great thing is, the internet's a big place.  You have plenty of spaces on it to blather your pseudoscientific notions on COVID vaccines til your keyboard wears out.  But this ain't one of 'em.

If you read my arguments, I didn't even venture into arguments about vaccine effectiveness. I talked about my rights. Save your judgements for someone else.

1 minute ago, KansasTiger said:

If you read my arguments, I didn't even venture into arguments about vaccine effectiveness. I talked about my rights. Save your judgements for someone else.

Duly noted.

4 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

That's not how it was used by the media. That's not how it was used by liberals like you. It was used just like these things always are. This is the agreed to fact. Disagree, and that's disinformation. Until it magically isn't, and then you backtrack like you are now.

People need to get out of the habit of using the term disinformation and misinformation. Most of the time, we don't even know what's right or wrong until months or years later. It's weaponized and used to silence free speech, and as we've seen, sometimes truth.

You just started following the political board, what, two months ago? Yet you're proclaiming you know how I used all this information? And that I'm backtracking? How do you even know if you weren't around? Or are you just using it to push your own point of view?

You proclaim yourself a "free thinker" and being committed to the truth, yet you're proving yourself to be easily duped by what you want to be true.

41 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

You just started following the political board, what, two months ago? Yet you're proclaiming you know how I used all this information? And that I'm backtracking? How do you even know if you weren't around? Or are you just using it to push your own point of view?

You proclaim yourself a "free thinker" and being committed to the truth, yet you're proving yourself to be easily duped by what you want to be true.

I said people like you. If your argument tactics are going to take you down the road of where I was two months ago, and that only people that have been posting on the political board have validity to argue certain points, you've all but given up. You're ignoring most of my post and choosing to focus on one part you can salvage an argument about. That's sad.