Is This The Best Recruiting Period In AU History?

aubiefifty

I have no idea on a lot of the podcast guys as being reliable and all that. Zac Blackerby recently said in the last couple of days this is the best recruiting period in the history of Auburn we have ever had. i thought it would be interesting to see what you guys think? that is pretty high praise but personally i am a little bit skeptical. what say yee?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

I have no idea on a lot of the podcast guys as being reliable and all that. he recently said in the last coupleof days this is the best recruiting period in the history of Aubunr we have ever had. i thought it would be interesting to see what you guys think? that is pretty high praise but personally i am a little bit skeptical. what say yee?

I've made that comment a few times.  From Riddick's announcement until this Saturday (10 days) we could possibly add 3 5* kids and 4-5 solid 4* guys.  That would be difficult to beat

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I've made that comment a few times.  From Riddick's announcement until this Saturday (10 days) we could possibly add 3 5* kids and 4-5 solid 4* guys.  That would be difficult to beat

is on3 considered the most reliable? there are so many out there i cannot watch many so it would be nice to know who is usally right and legit. i will hang up and listen. thanx

Zac is right on.

We are about to really start things rolling.  I originally said the 8-12 range for the '24 class.  If things play out the way some are thinking, top 10 is very obtainable and likely the anticipated goal

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 3

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Zac is right on.

We are about to really start things rolling.  I originally said the 8-12 range for the '24 class.  If things play out the way some are thinking, top 10 is very obtainable and likely the anticipated goal

i will be 68 in august and i pray every single day that i get another ten years or more so i can enjoy the glory days that i think are coming. those players love coach and i believe they lay it all on the line for him and the team. so many of those guys in the 24 class are impressive trying to get the best and brightest and i think a bond has been formed before they have played a single snap. fun days i can tell you!

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Just now, aubiefifty said:

i will be 68 in august

Can we have a Bday party for 50?  I'd definitely show up for that bash.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

i love this bird but dunna jinx me now..................lol

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

is on3 considered the most reliable? there are so many out there i cannot watch many so it would be nice to know who is usally right and legit. i will hang up and listen. thanx

I'd say on3 and 247 are the better two.  Rivals lags them.  ESPN shouldn't ever be considered.

I think on3 does some dumb ranking with NIL values/projections that are completely made up and have zero relevance.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

I'd say on3 and 247 are the better two.  Rivals lags them.  ESPN shouldn't ever be considered.

I think on3 does some dumb ranking with NIL values/projections that are completely made up and have zero relevance.

I wouldn't go by 0n3 their rankings are so off from everyone else.  The are the outlier you dismiss.

9 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I wouldn't go by 0n3 their rankings are so off from everyone else.  The are the outlier you dismiss.

Team or player?  team I agree.  Player seems better and mostly inline with 247

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Team or player?  team I agree.  Player seems better and mostly inline with 247

I think their player evaluations are off. 

I'm not a member of any pay site, but 247 is where I go when looking at a player.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bigbird said:

i will have gummys for any thatcome get me for a steak.......grins. well except the driver  lol

Just now, bigbird said:

I think their player evaluations are off. 

I'm not a member of any pay site, but 247 is where I go when looking at a player.

One thing that is nice about on3 is they list out everyone's ranking.

Probably a bad ranking for Kam here. 

image.png.febfaadcd67bc9a7281db98d23ffc6d7.png

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

One thing that is nice about on3 is they list out everyone's ranking.

Probably a bad ranking for Kam here. 

image.png.febfaadcd67bc9a7281db98d23ffc6d7.png

Carter's is bad too

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

I have no idea on a lot of the podcast guys as being reliable and all that. he recently said in the last couple of days this is the best recruiting period in the history of Auburn we have ever had. i thought it would be interesting to see what you guys think? that is pretty high praise but personally i am a little bit skeptical. what say yee?

Best? Too soon to tell I think. As far as recruiting OUTCOMES (number is quality recruits), some of Chizik’s classes were pretty impressive. Remember, we signed Mike Dyer and Cam Newton in the same year. And early Malzahn period had some impressive recruiting periods as well.

The catch is that our two biggest recruiting states are Alabama and Georgia, and Mark Richt was not as good of a recruiter as Kirby Smart is. Chizik and Malzahn had to go up against Saban and won some of those recruits. But Freeze has had to deal with Smart as well, and is still killing it in recruiting. 

I’ve said to before… with all the complaints about Gus’s stagnation offensively, I think the bigger issue that led to his fall was the inability to win recruiting battles against Kirby Smart. It’s very promising to see Freeze doing that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Can we have a Bday party for 50?  I'd definitely show up for that stash, I mean bash.

FIFY

• Haha 1

Personally, I put them at number two just below 247. I check both regularly though because those two are my gold standards. 

• Thanks 1

Assuming we do get the players we are expecting by August 5th and then keep adding numbers this could be our best class ever.  Not just because of quality of players but because of balance of class. I know Senda is technically 2023 but nowadays when looking at recruiting the Portal has to be taken into consideration. Last year we ended up 18th but also has one of the best Portal classes so we really were better than 18th. 

Assuming we get Bolden and Patterson we will probably have our best ever DB class. Our current WR class has to  be near the Top as is our LB Class. Walker White is a really good QB but not he best we have ever recruited. Burnette is a very good RB but again not he n=best we have ever recruited. We have a very good edge in Phillips so far a solid D-Lineman in Blockton while looking good for a few others. 

Assuming Carter and counting Senda so have a solid but O-Line class but still need more and we need a pass catching TE.  When you compare this class to so many classes where a position group didn't have any players or weak players this has to be near our best class ever.  

After signing day we should revisit this post and see if it was our best overall class.

• Like 1

I have no idea on a lot of the podcast guys as being reliable and all that. he recently said in the last couple of days this is the best recruiting period in the history of Auburn we have ever had. i thought it would be interesting to see what you guys think? that is pretty high praise but personally i am a little bit skeptical. what say yee?

Recruiting is difficult to appraise in the moment. It’s like saying an NFL team just had the best draft class ever. You won’t know for a few years. I DO think in terms of star power it’s likely the best week ever. 

But don’t forget how huge some of the Chizik prospects were - Dyer, Trovon Reed, Cam. And everybody went nuts when we got *the* number 1 player in the country in Byron Cowart.

• Thanks 1

• ellitor changed the title to Is This The Best Recruiting Period In AU History?

how far down did we drop when we lost the transfer linebacker that lost his mom and sister? i sure the kid finds peace and guys after watching some of our players throwing coach in the pool i believe the kid would heal quicker with all the fellowship and laughter.  i do hope he comes back for that and of course for auburn. either way i still wish him peace.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

I have no idea on a lot of the podcast guys as being reliable and all that. Zac Blackerby recently said in the last couple of days this is the best recruiting period in the history of Auburn we have ever had. i thought it would be interesting to see what you guys think? that is pretty high praise but personally i am a little bit skeptical. what say yee?

@aubiefifty Definitely on the verge. Consider this. AU has never landed more than 2 5*s in 1 class in the recruiting site era. If we land 5* S KJ Bolden Saturday it will be the 1st time in at least 25 years, if ever, that AU has landed 3 or more 5*s in a class.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

how far down did we drop when we lost the transfer linebacker that lost his mom and sister?

Rankings did not update for that.

• Like 1

Just now, ellitor said:

Rankings did not update for that.

is he doing better? i have no family left so i know how devastating it can be. i hust just a little for him because i know what he is going through. at least i was older. him being that young has to be pretty rough.

19 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

is he doing better?

No clue. Last I saw he was expected to transfer to UCF to be closer to home.

• Like 1

By the way, just listened to that episode. They talk about Willie Riddick, his grandma. If you haven’t read her tweets, go do it. She put so many rival trolls in their place.

• Love 1