He just will not change

LPTiger

On 8/7/2023 at 2:59 PM, LPTiger said:

Why do you go to name calling?   You read a few posts that you disagree with and you start slinging horrific names.  That extremist attitude is the cause of a lot of the problems our country is facing.   The LAPD operating budget was $1.9B before the $150MM cut.

Because you cultists keep repeating the same lying memes, even in the face of rational logic.   (THAT is what's causing the "problems our country is facing".)

A $150 million dollar cut from a 1.9 Billion budget is NOT "defunding".

Stop the politically motivated lying.

Edited by homersapien
  • Facepalm 1

On 8/7/2023 at 2:42 PM, LPTiger said:

Homer, didn't you the see the part about Harris applauding the LA Mayor for defunding the LA police to the tune of $150MM?

And if that $150 million went toward social field workers who could provide some relief for the police in dealing with the mentally ill (for one example) it might have helped the police.  

• Like 1

On 8/7/2023 at 4:43 AM, GoAU said:

Defund the police and the soaring crime rates are in a majority of the major cities, and those cities are governed almost exclusively by Democrats.   Take Mayor Adams this past weekend in NYC as a recent example - kids rioting and utter lawlessness and he blames everyone BUT the kids that were acting like hooligans.    Chicago, San Fran, LA, Portland, Seattle, NYC, I can go on and on.  All Dems my not back the Defund movement, but all who back the Defund movement are Dems.  

There are certainly Republicans that want to dismantle the political apparatus that has grown into the FBI as they certainly appear to have lost the ability to maintain neutrality, but no one want the organization to cease to exist.  

The autocratic decrees are easy, you must be in denial. The incandescent light bulb decree, Biden’s bans or push for bans on all sorts of home appliances,  his recent unilateral cuts to HFC production which will throw the HVAC market into a tailspin, the EPA fuel efficiency standard changes (this has happened under several presidents, but still should require Congressional action, not just the EPA issuing a decree), Biden’s actions against the firearms industry through the “frames and receivers” and “pistol brace decrees” pushed by the ATF (which are currently being dismantled in the court system) and his waging of war on legal FFLs by the “zero tolerance” policy pushed by the ATF which essentially is just a push to try and run people out of business.  

that is the biggest load of crap i have heard in a while. can you tell me with a straight face you would hate the fbi if bidens and trump were swapped out? i am dead serious.no i do not think you would. none of you on the right a far as i can tell on these boards anyway. would you?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

that is the biggest load of crap i have heard in a while. can you tell me with a straight face you would hate the fbi if bidens and trump were swapped out? i am dead serious.no i do not think you would. none of you on the right a far as i can tell on these boards anyway. would you?

First, you clearly have missed the ongoing theme regarding me and Trump.   I do not, and have never, placed Trump above the law.  I have questioned the application of some of the laws he has been charged under though.  For example, in the raid at Mar a Lago, I have said since the beginning that if he broke the law and retained documents that were sensitive in nature, he should be prosecuted - no questions asked.   I also feel Hillary should have been prospected, and likely Biden too.  My issue with the FBI is NOT at the field agent level - it is at the politically corrupt upper levels.   There is absolutely zero reason for them to slow play the laptop and the other examples of preferential treatment given to Biden.

Nice try though....

19 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

“Re-image” according to Kamala. Hasn’t worked to well has it. Take a drive through New Orleans at night Brother Homer. 

Seems the term “cultist Maga” is anyone disagreeing with or Fiddy.

I have no idea what she meant by "re-image". 

Perhaps they have a reputation for brutality and/or racism that needs to be addressed either substantively or perceptually?

Are they underfunded or understaffed?

And you are wrong.  I react to anyone who talks like a MAGA cultist - or to put it another way - stupid, unthinking or irrational posts.  (Even after having their presumed "facts" corrected.)

Edited by homersapien
  • Facepalm 2

On 8/7/2023 at 3:02 PM, TexasTiger said:

Don’t be an ass. If you want to discuss your take on the numbers, go ahead.

Careful TT.  This guy thought "ignorant cultist" was a "horrific" name. 

No telling  how he will react to being called an "ass". :-\

On 8/7/2023 at 4:23 PM, AUFAN78 said:

Ah, the whataboutism master.

Thank you fidy. I mean Tex. 

It does matter though.  For example... that crazy lunatic, Lauren Bobert, Congresswoman... she yells and screams about Hunter Biden being on the board of Bursima.  Well, guess what.....  Her HUSBAND, with no experience in energy or mining etc took a job as a consultant for an energy firm with a salary of $478,000 per year. The company name is Terra Energy Productions.  It just so happens that she is a drill drill drill girl.

She has filed for divorce and asked that he pay for her D.C. apartment due to his income.  SMDH

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-business-colorado-7b568c2899e064d29691f4bf1447d040

On 8/7/2023 at 4:35 PM, AUFAN78 said:

No assumption necessary as we have congressional testimony from distinguished career agents/supervisors.

https://oversight.house.gov/release/hearing-wrap-up-irs-whistleblowers-expose-how-bidens-were-treated-differently/

The two witnesses you cite have never made a charging decision in their life.  That isn't their job.  It never has been their job.

When David Weiss appears before the committee and explains why he charged what he charged and why those witnesses were taken off the case, will you respect that testimony?

Of course, I wouldn't be shocked one bit if Jim Jordan conveniently doesn't get around to having the time to bring Weiss in to give testimony.  He has yet to commit to doing so.

Edited by AU9377

6 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

About the only extra freedom that the US offers is that in America you can be especially nasty and hateful in your speech and rhetoric. 

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sometimes that is a good thing and many times it isn't, but it is the damn truth.

Another thing that always gets me is the impression some people have that people in other countries pay so much more in taxes.  If you look strictly at Federal taxes, that is a fair assessment.  However, if you look at all the taxes we pay in the U.S. from Fed, State, local including municipal property and sales taxes and county property and sales taxes, special local option taxes etc etc etc, we actually pay more.

Edited by AU9377
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

It does matter though.  For example... that crazy lunatic, Lauren Bobert, Congresswoman... she yells and screams about Hunter Biden being on the board of Bursima.  Well, guess what.....  Her HUSBAND, with no experience in energy or mining etc took a job as a consultant for an energy firm with a salary of $478,000 per year. The company name is Terra Energy Productions.  It just so happens that she is a drill drill drill girl.

She has filed for divorce and asked that he pay for her D.C. apartment due to his income.  SMDH

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-business-colorado-7b568c2899e064d29691f4bf1447d040

No, not really. Ms. Boebert has no impact on the funds the Biden family make from foreign entities. Now if you're playing the lunatic angle then perhaps you are on to something and we can agree she would fit right in. Otherwise, this is simply more whataboutism. 

• Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

No, not really. Ms. Boebert has no impact on the funds the Biden family make from foreign entities. Now if you're playing the lunatic angle then perhaps you are on to something and we can agree she would fit right in. Otherwise, this is simply more whataboutism. 

You don't think it is the slightest bit hypocritical BS for her to accuse someone else of being corrupt when she is engaged in the same thing in her own house? Really?

To date there has not been one single bit of evidence that Joe Biden received any funds whatsoever from foreign entities.

Edited by AU9377

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

The two witnesses you cite have never made a charging decision in their life.  That isn't their job.  It never has been their job.

When David Weiss appears before the committee and explains why he charged what he charged and why those witnesses were taken off the case, will you respect that testimony?

Of course, I wouldn't be shocked one bit if Jim Jordan conveniently doesn't get around to having the time to bring Weiss in to give testimony.  He has yet to commit to doing so.

Their role as witnesses don't require them to make charging decisions, but rather to solemnly swear to tell the truth. So I presume you are calling them liars?

I'd have to hear said testimony to respond. Weiss has been accused of changing his story, so there is that. 

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

A $150 million dollar cut from a 1.9 Billion budget is NOT "defunding".

So I see you agree with LP in that the budget should be “operating” figure. According to United Police Org the budget was cut to appease the protesters.

https://unitedpolicefund.org/lapd-officially-defunded-by-150-million-criminals-are-the-winner/

See this year that LAPD is asking for a 118 million increase. $30,000 for snacks during protest.

https://knock-la.com/lapd-budget-2023-increase/

So what’s all included in this next fiscal year’s budget? Some 780 new cops, two new helicopters, a $50 million increase in overtime, $80,000 in cell phones for “shadow teams,” and $30,000 for snacks while working during protests. 

8 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

You don't think it is the slightest bit hypocritical BS for her to accuse someone else of being corrupt when she is engaged in the same thing in her own house? Really?

To date there has not been one single bit of evidence that Joe Biden received any funds whatsoever from foreign entities.

I do think it rings of hypocrisy and politics. Nothing new and unfortunately happens daily. Not a fan. It is still whataboutism which was the point.

We disagree. There is smoke and we know for a fact Joe has lied about the business relationship. Would I be surprised to find out he was even more involved than we currently know? Probably not. Do I think we will find out? Probably not. 

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sometimes that is a good thing and many times it isn't, but it is the damn truth.

Another thing that always gets me is the impression some people have that people in other countries pay so much more in taxes.  If you look strictly at Federal taxes, that is a fair assessment.  However, if you look at all the taxes we pay in the U.S. from Fed, State, local including municipal property and sales taxes and county property and sales taxes, special local option taxes etc etc etc, we actually pay more.

Add what you pay for health insurance— premium contributions by you and your employer which could increase your salary, co-pays, deductibles— annual out of pocket which can skyrocket if you or a family member is ill—  if you’re looking at taxes in a country with universal coverage, your healthcare expenses need to be included. College tuition, too, in many countries.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Their role as witnesses don't require them to make charging decisions, but rather to solemnly swear to tell the truth. So I presume you are calling them liars?

I'd have to hear said testimony to respond. Weiss has been accused of changing his story, so there is that. 

Actually, I could very easily see a scenario wherein they aren't lying, yet their conclusions still be based on limited knowledge and therefore are inaccurate.  They are investigators whose job was to investigate tax crimes.  They wanted to expand their investigation partly due to information included in a 1023 form containing allegations made by an FBI informant in another matter.  The agents have no idea what the FBI's conclusions are as to the veracity of the allegations in that form. 

They base their claim that David Weiss requested special counsel status on a vague comment he supposedly made during a meeting.  I'm not even certain that the meeting was an in person meeting.  Regardless, Weiss has clearly refuted that conclusion. 

If Jim Jordan wants to establish the truth, he will allow other IRS investigators to testify, in addition to the U.S. Attorney and other members of the DOJ.  If he won't schedule times for their testimony, he is clearly letting it be known that he is orchestrating a theater performance with one purpose and that purpose isn't telling the full story.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

Actually, I could very easily see a scenario wherein they aren't lying, yet their conclusions still be based on limited knowledge and therefore are inaccurate.  They are investigators whose job was to investigate tax crimes.  They wanted to expand their investigation partly due to information included in a 1023 form containing allegations made by an FBI informant in another matter.  The agents have no idea what the FBI's conclusions are as to the veracity of the allegations in that form. 

They base their claim that David Weiss requested special counsel status on a vague comment he supposedly made during a meeting.  I'm not even certain that the meeting was an in person meeting.  Regardless, Weiss has clearly refuted that conclusion. 

If Jim Jordan wants to establish the truth, he will allow other IRS investigators to testify, in addition to the U.S. Attorney and other members of the DOJ.  If he won't schedule times for their testimony, he is clearly letting it be known that he is orchestrating a theater performance with one purpose and that purpose isn't telling the full story.

Limited knowledge? These are highly decorated career agents who understand how investigations run. When those investigations stray from protocol they notice and they've testified to that fact. You should actually watch their testimony. 

1 hour ago, AUFAN78 said:

Limited knowledge? These are highly decorated career agents who understand how investigations run. When those investigations stray from protocol they notice and they've testified to that fact. You should actually watch their testimony. 

Limited to their perspective. A prosecutor has more info than an individual witness.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Add what you pay for health insurance— premium contributions by you and your employer which could increase your salary, co-pays, deductibles— annual out of pocket which can skyrocket if you or a family member is ill—  if you’re looking at taxes in a country with universal coverage, your healthcare expenses need to be included. College tuition, too, in many countries.

US citizens pay lower total taxes than their European  counterparts. If someone can show me data that shows different, love to see it. There is no magic freebie island - more stuff, more taxes. 

FYI we pay $500 billion a year just paying interest on the US national debt. Look at that number and say it 3 times. And interest rates are increasing.  Damn we as a people struggle on seeing and solving the real problem and instead get distracted with bud light and light bulbs.  Bush, Obama,  and Trump - all epic disasters. Biden - still deciding. Balance  the friggin budget, make it a primary goal, and the free (quite literally) $500b will pay easily for universal heath care for our children by itself. And maybe even improve and help pay for their education.

6 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

US citizens pay lower total taxes than their European  counterparts. If someone can show me data that shows different, love to see it. There is no magic freebie island - more stuff, more taxes. 

FYI we pay $500 billion a year just paying interest on the US national debt. Look at that number and say it 3 times. And interest rates are increasing.  Damn we as a people struggle on seeing and solving the real problem and instead get distracted with bud light and light bulbs.  Bush, Obama,  and Trump - all epic disasters. Biden - still deciding. Balance  the friggin budget, make it a primary goal, and the free (quite literally) $500b will pay easily for universal heath care for our children by itself. And maybe even improve and help pay for their education.

Gotta credit crazy Ross for making it a compelling campaign issue. Clinton ran on raising taxes. That takes skills like no one else has had since. Dubya blew it up along with everything else. Nice guy, epic failure.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AUFAN78 said:

IRS agents.  The 1023 was not something within the scope of their investigation. Hunter Biden's tax obligations were.  The reason the FBI has a policy against releasing those type forms is that they often contain useless fabricated allegations.  The FBI, from what we know from House Republicans, has been unable to corroborate  the information contained in that particular form. 

It appears that they were removed from that particular investigation by David Weiss.  That usually happens when an investigator is at odds over what charges to bring, even though it is never their decision to make.  Other IRS agents may testify that they were removed from the case due to suspected leaks of information.  Whatever the reason, the investigation was concluded.  If Weiss testifies that he was not influenced in his decision making, I'm not sure what could show otherwise.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Looking at Federal taxes alone, that is certainly the case.  Other tax burdens are hard to measure because they vary from state to state, locality to locality and person to person.  Use taxes, property taxes (the method by which we locally fund education) and state income taxes all differ depending on where someone lives in the U.S.  \

Our debt is a problem.  However, that isn't caused by how low our taxes are, but instead of how and where we spend as though there are no consequences.

Imagine the reduced burden on business in the U.S. if employers weren't responsible for providing health benefits.  There would need to be an additional tax of some degree, but it would be dramatically less than the burden they are forced to bear today.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Looking at Federal taxes alone, that is certainly the case.  Other tax burdens are hard to measure because they vary from state to state, locality to locality and person to person.  Use taxes, property taxes (the method by which we locally fund education) and state income taxes all differ depending on where someone lives in the U.S.  \

Our debt is a problem.  However, that isn't caused by how low our taxes are, but instead of how and where we spend as though there are no consequences.

Imagine the reduced burden on business in the U.S. if employers weren't responsible for providing health benefits.  There would need to be an additional tax of some degree, but it would be dramatically less than the burden they are forced to bear today.

And the freedom to be an entrepreneur if you aren’t staying in a job for health insurance.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Perhaps raising taxes on the most wealthy - or at least not cutting them - would be a good strategy?

23 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Perhaps raising taxes on the most wealthy - or at least not cutting them - would be a good strategy?

Well it’s always the one everyone likes.  It’s just not a panacea and has limits on how much it’d really help.  Ultimately it’s about raising the capital gains tax. Btw I don’t villianize the wealthy, I deeply admire many of them  - most are builders who took major risks, a lot of hard work, and created companies that employ many and powers the progress that makes this country work. When people say they need to pay “their fair share”,  I’m curious what that really means