He just will not change

LPTiger

Mea culpa -- I voted from Trump in each of the last 2 elections.   I don't think I can do it again.  He just can't rise above the fray, be dignified, offer an ounce of grace or stop being a total narcissist.   When a tack might do, he ALWAYS opts for the largest and ugliest nail he can find.   Fox News has an article up wherein Nancy Pelosi described him as "looking like a scared puppy" when he was recently indicted.   Facing criminal charges in federal court can do that to you.  But, he simply couldn't let this slightest of slight go unnoticed.   And, he couldn't simply offer a similar trivial slight.    No sir, he had to condemn her soul to Hell.   LITERALLY.   He said "She is a sick and demented psycho who someday will live in Hell!!!   I disagree with everything that Nancy Pelosi stands for and doesn't;t stand for.   The money her husband has made off public firms where she has direct input is simply unethical.    But who am I, or Trump, to judge her very soul.   I''m just sick and tired of him being a complete and total a$$hole to just about everybody not named Trump (see e.g. his comment about Pence going to the dark side).   What makes it even worse maybe, is his openness and willingness to admit to his own narcissism.   In the same Fox article -- he says that he was careful not to say anything about Pelosi's husband's assault.  And in the next sentence he says "but now she has said something about me."   I'm convinced Biden is incapable of leading us for many reasons, and I can't stomach 4 more years of Trump's constant bragging (you're going to get tired of winning, x is the best it has ever been and it isn't even close) and constant acting like an a$$.   I pray somehow the good Lord makes it so that we have better options.

• Like 6

No he won’t. If you want an interesting read, google “trump Wharton professor dumbest”. This stuff has been going on for 60 yrs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LPTiger said:

I pray somehow the good Lord makes it so that we have better options.

For a few elections now, it’s been said that we’re having to choose between the lesser evil. But at least the lesser evil was somewhat competent. Now we’re having to choose between corrupt imbeciles. I find it really sad and can only pray for our nation. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I truly hope Trump backs out, as I think there are better options (DeSantis being my first choice), but should he be the nominee he'll absolutely get my vote again.  It would be a vote against Biden rather than FOR Trump though.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, GoAU said:

I truly hope Trump backs out, as I think there are better options (DeSantis being my first choice), but should he be the nominee he'll absolutely get my vote again.  It would be a vote against Biden rather than FOR Trump though.

It will be a vote for lawlessness and autocratic rule.

12 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

TT, and Biden is a vote for the law?   The guy has literally been in office for 40 years making $150,000 per year yet he is worth over $20,000,000.00.   How is that possible in a lawful society?   His son is a drug addicted nare do well but commanded paychecks of over a million dollars per year.   How is that possible in a lawful society?   One of Trump's indictments is over classified docs.  Yet, the senator from Delaware (Senators can't remove classified docs for any reason) had classified documents in 2 different places.  Both candidates are not worthy to be living free in society much less being president.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GoAU said:

I'd consider voting for trump over Biden. I'd abstain from voting if it's DeSantis. So I guess that's more favorable for the dems. But at this rate, I just cannot see trump supporters moving to DeSantis. 

I'd see them moving to Vivek or RFKjr before they switch to DeSantis. 

47 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

TT, and Biden is a vote for the law?   The guy has literally been in office for 40 years making $150,000 per year yet he is worth over $20,000,000.00.   How is that possible in a lawful society?   His son is a drug addicted nare do well but commanded paychecks of over a million dollars per year.   How is that possible in a lawful society?   One of Trump's indictments is over classified docs.  Yet, the senator from Delaware (Senators can't remove classified docs for any reason) had classified documents in 2 different places.  Both candidates are not worthy to be living free in society much less being president.

That’s not what Trump’s indictment was for — read it. Had he returned the documents when asked, as Biden did, he likely would not have been charged even though he’d crossed many lines already, unlike Biden.

Those are some wild assumptions about Biden being corrupt with zero evidence. 

He left office with $2.5M net worth— one of the least wealthy senators.

A lot of folks his age have made money over appreciating real estate they’ve held for years. He also had decades for modest investments to grow and compound.

“On the day America’s first billionaire president took office, “middle class” Joe Biden boarded the Amtrak out of Washington D.C.’s Union Station, bound for Delaware with the kind of modest fortune you might expect from someone who had spent his adult life as an elected official: $2.5 million, mostly composed of pensions and real estate. But Biden was about to cash in. By the end of 2017, he and his wife Jill had earned $11.1 million. They raked in $4.6 million the next year, followed by $1 million in 2019 and $630,000 in 2020.

The story of how Biden became a wealthy man in the wake of his vice presidency, leveraging his fame to sell books and deliver speeches, has been told many times. But a closer look at the math prompts a question that hasn’t been asked: Why isn’t Biden even richer? If someone starts with a $2.5 million net worth and earns $17.3 million while the markets are raging, you’d expect him to be worth more than $8 million. So what happened to Biden’s money? Well, $7 million of it covered taxes, another $1.3 million went to charity, $180,000 paid for household staff and an estimated $80,000 went toward interest on mortgages. Take those items out, though, and you’re still a few million above Biden’s estimated net worth.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michelatindera/2021/06/10/heres-how-much-joe-biden-is-worth/?sh=6eab8013461b

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

I'd consider voting for trump over Biden. I'd abstain from voting if it's DeSantis. So I guess that's more favorable for the dems. But at this rate, I just cannot see trump supporters moving to DeSantis. 

I'd see them moving to Vivek or RFKjr before they switch to DeSantis. 

Just out of curiosity, what about DeSatins don’t you like?

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

You say that while you support a party that embraces / started the defund the police movement.   A party that has allowed lawlessness to embrace major cities all over our nation?  

You speak of autocracy, yet Biden has “banned” and “outlawed” more things through executive agency “decrees” and executive order than any other president.  

Really??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, GoAU said:

Just out of curiosity, what about DeSatins don’t you like?

Beyond the fact that he has very little to no personality, i want a president who is more than just the anti woke president. He has based his whole governorship and campaign on it, but im looking for more depth than that. Also, I've learned over the years you cant trust everything said by a candidate during the campaign (shocker). So I look at who backs him. That will tell me more about how he will govern as president than his campaign promises will. He is backed by the entire old GOP establishment money. That tells me, he doesn't truly represent what I want, he represents a return to the way things were before Trump.

Edited by KansasTiger
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, GoAU said:

You say that while you support a party that embraces / started the defund the police movement.   A party that has allowed lawlessness to embrace major cities all over our nation?  

You speak of autocracy, yet Biden has “banned” and “outlawed” more things through executive agency “decrees” and executive order than any other president.  

Really??

Democratic leadership has never embraced the defund the police movement. Utter bull****. Who wants to defund the FBI? Justice department? Who refused to honor the capitol police?

Which Democratic leaders have embraced lawlessness? 

List the autocratic decrees you referenced?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Democratic leadership has never embraced the defund the police movement. Utter bull****. Who wants to defund the FBI? Justice department? Who refused to honor the capitol police?

Which Democratic leaders have embraced lawlessness? 

List the autocratic decrees you referenced?

Look, I'll trade you back the FBI and the DOJ if we can we throw in abolishing the fed and the IRS. Then we're getting somewhere...

45 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

One of the ways Trump goes about defending his actions is to dirty the water so much that it appears that what he has done is not a bid deal because everyone else does it as well.  In fact, he plays victim by claiming he is being targeted, while others are not.  The problem with that is that the facts that make up the situations are simply not equivalent.

As for Biden's net worth, it isn't $20 million.  Even so, it is substantial and is closer to $11 million.  As a couple, he and Jill made as much money in 2017 as they did in the previous 19 years combined.  Book deals alone account for approx $11 million.  The below Forbes article lays it all out.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michelatindera/2020/10/22/how-the-bidens-earned-167-million-after-leaving-the-white-house/?sh=3774c9201e42

As for the documents cases, Biden voluntarily notified the Archives when his lawyer found the initial document in files located at the Penn/Biden center.  The document was returned immediately and he consented to a search of his property and records to ensure no other documents were there.  What we know is that they found a couple more documents, but there was no attempt to deceive or retain anything found. There was certainly nothing to suggest that Biden intentionally removed and retained the documents.

That is in stark contrast to the Trump indictment.  Had Trump simply returned the documents, there would have never been an indictment in the classified documents case. The only reason a special counsel was appointed for each matter was to avoid accusations of bias.  Of course, with Trump that is impossible to do.  When the Biden matter is closed without an indictment, some will claim that the FBI treated them differently.  The reality is that the cases are nothing alike and therefore the outcomes will be nothing alike.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Look, I'll trade you back the FBI and the DOJ if we can we throw in abolishing the fed and the IRS. Then we're getting somewhere...

No IRS, but you’re concerned about deficits?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, GoAU said:

Really??

I would rather not have incandescent light bulbs than a President who has no humility and has pledged to use the office of President to get retribution for whatever perceived wrong or slight he believes has been inflicted upon his narcissistic ass.  Unfortunately, there is an entire industry devoted to partisan division.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I was mostly lightheardetly joking. But if we are concerned about deficits I think we need to make some major changes before the IRS can start making a dent in anything that matters.

2 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

I was mostly lightheardetly joking. But if we are concerned about deficits I think we need to make some major changes before the IRS can start making a dent in anything that matters.

Such as?

59 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Who would willingly pay their taxes if there wasn't an IRS?

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, arein0 said:

Who would willingly pay their taxes if there wasn't an IRS?

I'd much more willingly pay my taxes if I saw they were being used for more investment around the country rather than funding foreign wars. And if we cut spending so we could stave off the US eventually drowning in its own debt

1 minute ago, KansasTiger said:

I'd much more willingly pay my taxes if I saw they were being used for more investment around the country rather than funding foreign wars. And if we cut spending so we could stave off the US eventually drowning in its own debt

So you supported the infrastructure bill?

• Like 2