2025 4* QB Deuce Knight

toddc

3 hours ago, woodford said:

I'm assuming Tennessee will be hard to beat out for him. 

@woodford He just transferred from George County, Mississippi to Knoxville. He's a Mississippi kid so we are the ones who will betough to beat with our staff's Mississippi connections.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

2 minutes ago, TigerPAC said:

Dude looks absolutely terrible tonight against Saraland 

Yeah you can’t even tell that he’s a highly rated 4 star QB. 

9 minutes ago, TigerPAC said:

Dude looks absolutely terrible tonight against Saraland 

Yep. No sugar coating this - he looks awful. At one point he was 2/13. Recently was 5/17 and his passes looked like wounded ducks (even the completions). He has also fumbled the ball twice. 
He needs a TON of work. 
Hugh can develop him but he is a huge work in progress. 

Let me say this… he showed a lot of moxy at the end of the game and helped guide them to OT. 
That is what the coaches are looking for… just needs help with accuracy. 

One of those guys that will probably be in the 55- lower 60 completion range but as the athleticism, build you want to see in a collegiate QB. 

• 2 weeks later...

Elite 2025 QB Deuce Knight transferring high schools midway through junior season

Keegan Pope•37 minutes

Article written by:Keegan Pope

Nashville (Tenn.) Lipscomb Academy four-star 2025 quarterback Deuce Knight is transferring from the school after playing three games this fall, according to a report from The Tennessean’s Tom Kreager.

Knight is the No. 39 overall recruit in the 2025 class, according to the On3 Industry Ranking, a weighted average that utilizes all four major recruiting media companies. He ranks as the nation’s No. 3 junior quarterback recruit and the No. 2 player in the state, only behind fellow four-star passer George MacIntyre.

Knight told Lipscomb Academy’s head coach, Kevin Mawae, that he is transferring home to Mississippi to be closer to his family.

“It was a family deal for him,” Mawae told Kreager. “He did everything we wanted him to do. It had nothing to do with football, it had everything to do with him wanting to be with his family.”

Knight is getting close to a college decision

The 6-foot-4, 180-pounder is one of the most coveted recruits in the country, already holding offers from Auburn, Georgia, Notre Dame, Ole Miss, Oregon, South Carolina, TCU, Tennessee, Texas A&M and Washington, and more.

Each of those schools made his top 10, and he told On3’s Chad Simmons last month that he was planning to make a commitment sooner rather than later.

“I still think I am not too far away,” Knight told Simmons. “I didn’t want to rush into a decision and I am taking it all day by day, but I am confident that is will happen at some point during this season. … The feeling is important to me. I need to feel 100% and be fully confident in my decision. I won’t be a guy that sets a date weeks or months out to commit, but when I feel ready, I set a date and announce it a few days later.”

According to Simmons, Alabama, Auburn, Notre Dame, Ole Miss and Tennessee have become strong contenders to land him.

The in-state Volunteers hosted him over the weekend for their season opener.

10 minutes ago, Paladin said:

Elite 2025 QB Deuce Knight transferring high schools midway through junior season

Keegan Pope•37 minutes

Article written by:Keegan Pope

Nashville (Tenn.) Lipscomb Academy four-star 2025 quarterback Deuce Knight is transferring from the school after playing three games this fall, according to a report from The Tennessean’s Tom Kreager.

Knight is the No. 39 overall recruit in the 2025 class, according to the On3 Industry Ranking, a weighted average that utilizes all four major recruiting media companies. He ranks as the nation’s No. 3 junior quarterback recruit and the No. 2 player in the state, only behind fellow four-star passer George MacIntyre.

Knight told Lipscomb Academy’s head coach, Kevin Mawae, that he is transferring home to Mississippi to be closer to his family.

“It was a family deal for him,” Mawae told Kreager. “He did everything we wanted him to do. It had nothing to do with football, it had everything to do with him wanting to be with his family.”

Knight is getting close to a college decision

The 6-foot-4, 180-pounder is one of the most coveted recruits in the country, already holding offers from Auburn, Georgia, Notre Dame, Ole Miss, Oregon, South Carolina, TCU, Tennessee, Texas A&M and Washington, and more.

Each of those schools made his top 10, and he told On3’s Chad Simmons last month that he was planning to make a commitment sooner rather than later.

“I still think I am not too far away,” Knight told Simmons. “I didn’t want to rush into a decision and I am taking it all day by day, but I am confident that is will happen at some point during this season. … The feeling is important to me. I need to feel 100% and be fully confident in my decision. I won’t be a guy that sets a date weeks or months out to commit, but when I feel ready, I set a date and announce it a few days later.”

According to Simmons, Alabama, Auburn, Notre Dame, Ole Miss and Tennessee have become strong contenders to land him.

The in-state Volunteers hosted him over the weekend for their season opener.

Beat me to it. Great post.

38 minutes ago, TigerPAC said:

so will MS let him play this year or does he have to sit?  and, will his HS coach allow him to join the team if the state grants permission?

All good questions. And if he did join the team, would they just make him the starter over who is already playing? 

Wonder how long he'll last if he goes away to college?  He'll be a year older and maybe that will make it easier for him to be away from family.  Or maybe there were factors other than being homesick that led him to this decision.  Wherever he goes, there will be challenges and disappointments that he will have to face and overcome - I hope he gets comfortable with that before he commits anywhere.  Good luck to the young man.

Edited by Golden Eagle
Corrected typo

Wherever he goes, he needs a good coach that can coach him up and develop him. I was one of the officials at his game last weekend at Briarcrest, outside of Memphis. He is currently not playing like a top 3 QB.  Lipscomb was by far bigger, faster, and had more athleticism.  They struggled a lot to move the ball. He was not connecting with his receivers on mid and long range throws. Their biggest plays came on screens.  Even several of those were under or overthrown. 

• 2 weeks later...