Georgia Grand Jury Returns 10 out of 10 Charges

Didba

3 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Where was this guy’s law degree from?

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

50 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

TT, negative ghost rider -- Canada and Japan have lower inflation rates than us.   And, when has the historical greatest economy in the world ever judged itself by "granted consumer prices are up 15% since our current president took office but look we are better than some others."   Isn't that whataboutism.   The real question is whether this president has made the situation worse or better.  My opinion and your opinion here matters very little, but the vast majority of Americans answer the question as he has made it worse.   those opinions matter.   China is currently undergoing the opposite problem as the US.   They are in deflation.  I'll say for the 100th time.   I'm not a Trump fan.  I find him reprehensible.   But, I also find Biden reprehensible.   I believe he too has committed serious crimes.   At a minimum he is a serial liar and his intentional mistreatment of his granddaughter is beyond anything I can even imagine.    It amazes me how the majority of democrats just dismiss this critical character flaw as a "personal family issue."   

So you’ll commit to believing Biden has committed serious crimes, while Trump is merely reprehensible?

Curious- you think Chinese deflation is a sign of their economic strength relative to the USA?

No, not ignoring context isn’t “whataboutism.” It’s being reasonable and honest.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LPTiger said:

If they updated the chart where would Uncle Joe fit?  He may have not have said enough words as president for them to tell.

So Trump may match up with a guy showing signs of early dementia. Great

• Sad 1

TT, negative ghost rider -- Canada and Japan have lower inflation rates than us.   And, when has the historical greatest economy in the world ever judged itself by "granted consumer prices are up 15% since our current president took office but look we are better than some others."  Isn't that whataboutism.  

No, it is not.

Adding context to explain a wider trend relevant to the narrow point discussed is not whataboutism.  Like, if I owned retail business during COVID and my sales were down 15% from the previous year, it is relevant to ask whether this appears to be a problem specific to our company or not.  If the retail industry is averaging slight growth and mine is down 15% that's really bad.  If the industry is down 30% and I'm only down 15, then maybe we're weathering the storm better than others.  That's what Tex is sort of saying here...inflation has been a worldwide issue in advanced economies since we started coming out of the pandemic.  So how our inflation rate compares to peer nations is a reasonable measure to consider.  It's the kind of indicator that businesses use to analyze how their various segments are performing all the time.

Whataboutism, for example, is when you're caught lying about something and rather than addressing your own dishonesty, you just say "well, you've lied before!"

"It’s essentially a reversal of accusation, arguing that an opponent is guilty of an offense just as egregious or worse than what the original party was accused of doing, however unconnected the offenses may be." (h/t Merriam-Webster)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

35 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

So you’ll commit to believing Biden has committed serious crimes, while Trump is merely reprehensible?

Curious- you think Chinese deflation is a sign of their economic strength relative to the USA?

No, not ignoring context isn’t “whataboutism.” It’s being reasonable and honest.

TT can we stick to facts vs my opinion and your opinion which as I said earlier make no difference?  You said the US had the lowest inflation rate among G7 nations.   I pointed out that Japan and Canada's were lower.   You didn't respond.   So what say you? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LPTiger said:

TT can we stick to facts vs my opinion and your opinion which as I said earlier make no difference?  You said the US had the lowest inflation rate among G7 nations.   I pointed out that Japan and Canada's were lower.   You didn't respond.   So what say you? 

Where are you looking for your figures?  I'm showing the US currently at 3.2% inflation with Canada and Japan at 3.3%

https://tradingeconomics.com/country-list/inflation-rate-?continent=asia

Another source pegs the US inflation rate at 2.97%, Japan at 3.34% and Canada at 2.81%, making the US second:

https://www.officialdata.org/countries

Point being, I don't think this is the slam dunk debate win you're trying to make here.

• Like 1

Just now, LPTiger said:

What in the world is he even trying to talk about there?

That was when Trump was bragging about how he passed the dementia/Alzheimers test his doctor gave him. It's that test where the doctor lists out a series of words and then asks the patient to repeat the words back in the correct order. 

I think Trump believed it was some kind of IQ test or something so he constantly talked about how he aced it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Where are you looking for your figures?  I'm showing the US currently at 3.2% inflation with Canada and Japan at 3.3%

Another source pegs the US inflation rate at 2.97%, Japan at 3.34% and Canada at 2.81%, making the US second:

Point being, I don't think this is the slam dunk debate win you're trying to make here.

OCED.org All items #'s May 23 y/y Japan 3.2%, Canada 3.36% and US 4.01%.  Statista.com all items May 23 y/y Japan 3.2%, Canada 3.4% and US 4%. 

2 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

That was when Trump was bragging about how he passed the dementia/Alzheimers test his doctor gave him. It's that test where the doctor lists out a series of words and then asks the patient to repeat the words back in the correct order. 

I think Trump believed it was some kind of IQ test or something so he constantly talked about how he aced it. 

He has a big brain.   Just ask him.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

https://www.studyinternational.com/news/trump-student-wharton/

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

OCED.org All items #'s May 23 y/y Japan 3.2%, Canada 3.36% and US 4.01%.  Statista.com all items May 23 y/y Japan 3.2%, Canada 3.4% and US 4%. 

Well, the first link I showed are more recent measurements.  The Japan figure is from June 2023 and the US and Canada figures are from July 2023.  And the second link, all figures are from June '23.

28 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I'm no economist, but I would suspect an economist would say that an important measure, and perhaps the most important measure, in comparing one country's economy to another is growth.  Is your GDP growing and if so, by how much.  Last year, out of the top 10 largest economies, the US ranked 6th in growth and several of the ones above us beat us badly.   India 8.9%, China 8.1%, UK 7.4%, France 7%, Italy 6.6%, US 5.7%.  2021 was a similar story India 9.5%, China 8.02%, UK 6.76%, France 6.29%, US 5.97% and Italy 5.77%.  The UK and France not only grew their economy at a greater rate than the US in both years but their year over year growth accelerated from 2021 to 22 whereas ours decelerated.   I suspect this is one of the reasons Americans give Biden a failing grade on the economy.   I doubt any libs drive a diesel pickup so this may not be a concern on the inflation front, but diesel prices have increased by $.40 in just the past three weeks.  Maybe we can release more from our strategic reserves...   

4 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

I'm no economist, but I would suspect an economist would say that an important measure, and perhaps the most important measure, in comparing one country's economy to another is growth.  Is your GDP growing and if so, by how much.  Last year, out of the top 10 largest economies, the US ranked 6th in growth and several of the ones above us beat us badly.   India 8.9%, China 8.1%, UK 7.4%, France 7%, Italy 6.6%, US 5.7%.  2021 was a similar story India 9.5%, China 8.02%, UK 6.76%, France 6.29%, US 5.97% and Italy 5.77%.  The UK and France not only grew their economy at a greater rate than the US in both years but their year over year growth accelerated from 2021 to 22 whereas ours decelerated.   I suspect this is one of the reasons Americans give Biden a failing grade on the economy.   I doubt any libs drive a diesel pickup so this may not be a concern on the inflation front, but diesel prices have increased by $.40 in just the past three weeks.  Maybe we can release more from our strategic reserves...   

you’d be surprised but plaintiff’s lawyers in the south will drive diesel and vote blue every time, funny little juxtaposition. 

• Love 1

These three are all in the same ballpark, all doing much better than the other 4, on inflation, anyway. But Japan’s inflation is managed by government price controls, which I assume you oppose.

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2022/10/why-japan-low-inflation/

USA is at 3.2% according to this more recent report.

https://www.usinflationcalculator.com/inflation/current-inflation-rates/

I know you’re no economist, but since you brought up Chinese deflation as a supposedly good thing, why duck it now? Good? Bad? Goal to shoot for?

Since Reagan had higher inflation than we have now for 7 of his 8 years, are you rethinking the Gipper?

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

He was so proud— kept bragging about it, like everything else.

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

These three are all in the same ballpark, all doing much better than the other 4, on inflation, anyway. But Japan’s inflation is managed by government price controls, which I assume you oppose.

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2022/10/why-japan-low-inflation/

USA is at 3.2% according to this more recent report.

https://www.usinflationcalculator.com/inflation/current-inflation-rates/

I know you’re no economist, but since you brought up Chinese deflation as a supposedly good thing, why duck it now? Good? Bad? Goal to shoot for?

Since Reagan had higher inflation than we have now for 7 of his 8 years, are you rethinking the Gipper?

I didn't mean to imply deflation was a good thing or a bad thing.   We could sure use a couple of quarters of deflation.   China's deflation should help with our inflation.   Our market sold off pretty good today.   We need China to be good but not great.   Them being bad isn't a homerun for us.   Did you see my post about growth?    Thoughts?

8 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

I didn't mean to imply deflation was a good thing or a bad thing.   We could sure use a couple of quarters of deflation.   China's deflation should help with our inflation.   Our market sold off pretty good today.   We need China to be good but not great.   Them being bad isn't a homerun for us.   Did you see my post about growth?    Thoughts?

Not sure where you got your growth numbers— link?

Everything I’ve seen about China’s economy ain’t good:

https://www.businessinsider.com/china-economy-deflation-markets-property-real-estate-housing-beijing-2023-8?amp

17 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Not sure where you got your growth numbers— link?

Everything I’ve seen about China’s economy ain’t good:

https://www.businessinsider.com/china-economy-deflation-markets-property-real-estate-housing-beijing-2023-8?amp

China is communist.   Who cares....   UK and France are the appropriate comparators.    Both grew GDP more than us in both years and both grew it more in 22 than 21 wherein we didn't.   

43 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

We need China to be good but not great.   Them being bad isn't a homerun for us.   Did you see my post about growth?    Thoughts?

Note: Most economies are strongly dictated by workforce demographic ratio - ratio of people in working age  vs those heading into retirement. Ie baby boomers in US peaking during the 90s. Because of chinas decades long 1 child policy theyre right on the edge of a train wreck. Ps that why the Taiwan crisis is escalating - China  knows in 3-5 years their economic and military capability will begin to struggle so the next several years will be dicey 

Just now, auburnatl1 said:

Note: Most economies are strongly dictated by workforce demographic ratio - ratio of people in working age  vs those heading into retirement. Ie baby boomers in US peaking during the 90s. Because of chinas decades long 1 child policy theyre right on the edge of a train wreck. Ps that why the Taiwan crisis is escalating - China  knows in 3-5 years their economic and military capability will begin to struggle so the next several years will be dicey 

China's situation is a huge concern.   Dictators can't be seen as weak i.e. train wreck.   When dictators see the train wreck coming they may try to divert the people's attention somewhere else -- a Taiwan invasion. 

5 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

China's situation is a huge concern.   Dictators can't be seen as weak i.e. train wreck.   When dictators see the train wreck coming they may try to divert the people's attention somewhere else -- a Taiwan invasion. 

True. Some sort of crisis is a realistic probably. Many aren’t seeing it yet but the next president will have their hands full.  It’s a tipping point. The country can keep debating bud light and light bulbs but we’ve got to start thinking more broadly.  Taiwan is critical to the U.S. for its chip manufacturing capability, we need a smart guy with geopolitical temperament who can skillfully manage his words. We have to have an option besides Biden or trump - either will be a disaster.

• Like 1