Georgia Grand Jury Returns 10 out of 10 Charges

Didba

Republicans can’t use the “well he may be traitor and a sociopath but I like his policies ” schtick any more. Being a Trumpster has NOTHING to do with policy. 1) Every other Republican candidate polls better than trump against Biden 2) they all have the same conservative “trumpish”policies, some even more extreme 3) chances are they’re not a criminal 4) trump was a total disaster on several key policies (ie the budget deficit)

If trump wins the Republican nomination, it says a lot about the morality and common sense of many in the party - and I’ll switch from being a lifelong registered Republican to independent.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

And yet, some will still vote for him if he's on the ticket.  Mind boggling.

why are some folks still trump fans and supporters? they are not all stupid. but the fact trump committed treason and folks would still vote for him if this happens or that happens. it sounds like an excuse to cover their vote for trump. why do they not care do you think? is this their way of shooting folks the bird so to speak. i will never understand it,

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Curious as to what Democrats would get your vote over a Republican? 

I purposely can’t say that there are any Republicans that trump a vote for a democrat unless that Democrat was clearly not a democrat (Kennedy, Gabbard, etc). I would vote for a John Kasich, Cheney, or Romney over Kennedy. 

Who do you like on the opposite side?

Hmm.

Joe Manchin, Andrew Yang, maybe Dean Phillips (Democratic Congressman from MN) come to mind as possibilities.  Maybe John Bel Edwards (Democratic governor of Louisiana)?

4 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

We have the best economy and lowest inflation of the G7. Inflation is significantly down since the passage of the act. Manufacturing is up. Wages are way up. Inflation is a global phenomenon not attributable to Biden, and yet we are faring better than most. You act as if the Fed is responding to a distinctly American problem. Ask a working Brit, or Frenchmen or Chinese working man they will have the same concerns, but worse.

Since you haven’t ruled out Trump, and seem intent on telling yourself you had no choice but to do so, perhaps you should be more interested in the multiple serious felonies one of your choices is facing, don’t you think?

This administration is a piece of !@#% and it's time for REAL change. Biden isn't the president. If he were, he should resign. President in name only. He's a show piece for the Democratic Party and the puppet masters. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

This administration is a piece of !@#% and it's time for REAL change. Biden isn't the president. If he were, he should resign. President in name only. He's a show piece for the Democratic Party and the puppet masters. 

This reads like a Trump tweet 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, Didba said:

This reads like a Trump tweet 

Whatever. I do not support either one of these two bad jokes of supposed "Leadership"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

Can’t be. It has a few multi syllable words 

Okay, that's funny

3 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Are there dixiecrats still alive and serving? Manchin maybe?

He’s no Dixiecrat. He’s an old fashioned Democrat in most respects.

I really implore anyone with time on their hands to read the indictment. Its long but worth the read. 

I hope his ship is sunk....maybe my parents can finally walk away from this trainwreck of a vote. 

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

image.png.be759424a8d3a8414684fe07c995690b.png

If they updated the chart where would Uncle Joe fit?  He may have not have said enough words as president for them to tell.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Didba said:

They are going with a RICO conspiracy charges and thirty people flipped. Trump’s attorneys directly implicated themselves furthering the conspiracy vis a vis implicating him.  He implicated himself plenty.

out of all the criminal prosecutions; this one has the most evidence, testimony and teeth to it. 

Did, as you know, the federal RICO statute was passed to try to take down organized crime.   There, the members of the crime family join the corrupt organization for the purpose of furthering their and the family's illegal activity. The organization exists to collectively advance the criminal activity of the enterprise participants.   RICO was drafted against this backdrop.   In Trump's case, the purpose for the "corrupt organization" was to keep Trump in office.   As distasteful as that is, that purpose is not illegal.   If the purpose of the organization's existence isn't itself criminal,  RICO doesn't stick.   You've read the indictment and seem impressed with it.   So I suspect there must be some evidence of acts that would violate various election laws.   That is what Jack Smith is handling.  The Georgia action seems redundant to Smith's inquiry and with respect to federalism is seems misplaced.   I don't care so much about Trump, but it is a bad precedent in my opinion to have individual states involving themselves in national political races particularly where there are already federal investigations ongoing.   Just my 2 cents. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Did, as you know, the federal RICO statute was passed to try to take down organized crime.   There, the members of the crime family join the corrupt organization for the purpose of furthering their and the family's illegal activity. The organization exists to collectively advance the criminal activity of the enterprise participants.   RICO was drafted against this backdrop.   In Trump's case, the purpose for the "corrupt organization" was to keep Trump in office.   As distasteful as that is, that purpose is not illegal.   If the purpose of the organization's existence isn't itself criminal,  RICO doesn't stick.   You've read the indictment and seem impressed with it.   So I suspect there must be some evidence of acts that would violate various election laws.   That is what Jack Smith is handling.  The Georgia action seems redundant to Smith's inquiry and with respect to federalism is seems misplaced.   I don't care so much about Trump, but it is a bad precedent in my opinion to have individual states involving themselves in national political races particularly where there are already federal investigations ongoing.   Just my 2 cents. 

The indictments are using the Georgia RICO statute which from how I understand it is much broader, less lenient, and generally a much stronger piece of legislation than the federal RICO statute but I’m no criminal law expert, that’s just what I’ve read other crim law attorneys from Georgia talk about.

Apparently, Georgia’s RICO law covers a conspiracy to commit fraudulent elections, impersonate public officials and coerce public officials into breaking their oath of duty, among many other similar things. If you just read the first five to ten pages of the charges it becomes pretty clear  

as for the federalism aspect, the indictment centers on events that took place in Georgia or conduct aimed at Georgia and just uses events in other state to show acts made in furtherance of the conspiracy. 

Also, the most damning charge I have read so far (haven’t read it all, it’s really damn long) has been Sidney Powell personally hiring some type of tech firm to basically break open Dominion’s voting machines to figure out how they work. This apparently broke a bunch of laws regarding tampering with voting machines without authority. She was Trump’s attorney at this point and was actively engaged in the public debate. I know you see how her actions as his agent would be imputed. 

7 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

We have the best economy and lowest inflation of the G7. Inflation is significantly down since the passage of the act. Manufacturing is up. Wages are way up. Inflation is a global phenomenon not attributable to Biden, and yet we are faring better than most. You act as if the Fed is responding to a distinctly American problem. Ask a working Brit, or Frenchmen or Chinese working man they will have the same concerns, but worse.

Since you haven’t ruled out Trump, and seem intent on telling yourself you had no choice but to do so, perhaps you should be more interested in the multiple serious felonies one of your choices is facing, don’t you think?

TT, negative ghost rider -- Canada and Japan have lower inflation rates than us.   And, when has the historical greatest economy in the world ever judged itself by "granted consumer prices are up 15% since our current president took office but look we are better than some others."   Isn't that whataboutism.   The real question is whether this president has made the situation worse or better.  My opinion and your opinion here matters very little, but the vast majority of Americans answer the question as he has made it worse.   those opinions matter.   China is currently undergoing the opposite problem as the US.   They are in deflation.  I'll say for the 100th time.   I'm not a Trump fan.  I find him reprehensible.   But, I also find Biden reprehensible.   I believe he too has committed serious crimes.   At a minimum he is a serial liar and his intentional mistreatment of his granddaughter is beyond anything I can even imagine.    It amazes me how the majority of democrats just dismiss this critical character flaw as a "personal family issue."   

• Like 1

Act 33 is the one I am referring to above  it you can see the type of stuff being alleged from sworn testimony. Also, stuff like 19-20 are alleged throughout the indictment just to give you another example.

IMG_3527.jpeg

IMG_3529.jpeg

Edited by Didba

8 minutes ago, Didba said:

The indictments are using the Georgia RICO statute which from how I understand it is much broader, less lenient, and generally a much stronger piece of legislation than the federal RICO statute but I’m no criminal law expert, that’s just what I’ve read other crim law attorneys from Georgia talk about.

Apparently, Georgia’s RICO law covers a conspiracy to commit fraudulent elections, impersonate public officials and coerce public officials into breaking their oath of duty, among many other similar things. If you just read the first five to ten pages of the charges it becomes pretty clear  

as for the federalism aspect, the indictment centers on events that took place in Georgia or conduct aimed at Georgia and just uses events in other state to show acts made in furtherance of the conspiracy. 

Also, the most damning charge I have read so far (haven’t read it all, it’s really damn long) has been Sidney Powell personally hiring some type of tech firm to basically break open Dominion’s voting machines to figure out how they work. This apparently broke a bunch of laws regarding tampering with voting machines without authority. She was Trump’s attorney at this point and was actively engaged in the public debate. I know you see how her actions as his agent would be imputed. 

As I suspected you are way more up to speed on this than me.   I am fairly familiar with federal RICO but know nothing about the GA stat.   Your genuine curiosity will serve you well in your career.

• Thanks 1