Post Scrimmage Depth Chart

Zeek

Just my take on what I'm hearing and the little bit I have seen. Each position is in order down to the last player.

Quarterback

• Payton Thorne
  • Robby Ashford
  • Holden Geriner
  • Hank Brown
  • Sawyer Pate

Running Back:

• Jarquez Hunter*
  • Damari Alston
  • Brian Battie
  • Jeremiah Cobb
  • Sean Jackson

Wide Receiver:

• Top 4: Jay Fair / Shane Hooks / Caleb Burton / Camden Brown
  • Next 4: Nick Mardner / Jyaire Shorter / Malcolm Johnson Jr. / Ja'Varrius Johnson
  • Last 2: Koy Moore / Omari Kelly

Tight End:

• Rivaldo Fairweather
  • Luke Deal
  • Tyler Fromm
  • Micah Ducker

Left Tackle:

• Dillon Wade
  • Garner Langlo
  • Tyler Johnson

Left Guard:

• Jeremiah Wright
  • Tate Johnson
  • Bradyn Joiner

Center:

• Avery Jones
  • Conner Lew
  • Jalil Irvin

Right Guard:

• Jaden Muskrat
  • Kam Stutts
  • EJ Harris

Right Tackle:

• Gunner Britton
  • Izavion Miller
  • Clay Wedin

Defensive Tackle:

• Marcus Harris
  • Lawrence Johnson
  • Bobby Travis
  • Darron Reed
  • Garrison Walker

Nose Tackle:

• Jayson Jones
  • Justin Rogers
  • Enyce Sledge
  • Stephen Johnson

Defensive End:

• Mosiah Nasili-Kite
  • Keldric Faulk
  • Wilky Denaud
  • Zykeivous Walker

Edge / Jack:

• Elijah McAlister
  • Jalen McLeod
  • Stephen Sings
  • Brenton Williams
  • Hayden Brice

Linebacker:

• Austin Keys and Eugene Asante
  • Larry Nixon and Cam Riley
  • Wesley Steiner and Robert Woodyard
  • Jake Levant and Powell Gordon

Nickelback:

• Keionte Scott
  • Sylvester Smith
  • Austin Ausberry
  • Tony Hunley Jr.

Field Cornerback:

• DJ James
  • Kayin Lee
  • Colton Hood
  • JC Hart

Boundary Cornerback:

• Nehemiah Pritchett
  • Champ Anthony
  • JD Rhym
  • Tyler Scott

Safety:

• Jaylin Simpson & Zion Puckett
  • Donovan Kaufman & Marquise 
  • Terrance Love & CJ Johnson

Kicker:

• Alex McPherson

Punter:

• Oscar Chapman

Just my two cents

• Thanks 3

22 minutes ago, Zeek said:
  • Top 4: Jay Fair / Shane Hooks / Caleb Burton / Camden Brown

Only curious part of the list considering Brown has been hurt almost all camp.  Hope he gets healthy 

18 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Not sure about WR, but we’ll see. 

Having two WRs less than 180lbs would be a bit concerning 

25 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Having two WRs less than 180lbs would be a bit concerning 

We will rotate plenty. Just listing the ones that I think will be the most impactful.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Only curious part of the list considering Brown has been hurt almost all camp.  Hope he gets healthy 

No LBers was a little curious to me, lol.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

No LBers was a little curious to me, lol.

Forgot them but I have it corrected now sorry lol

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Zeek said:

We will rotate plenty. Just listing the ones that I think will be the most impactful.

I'd be really shocked if Mardner was our 5th most productive WR ahead of Shorter.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I'd be really shocked if Mardner was our 5th most productive WR ahead of Shorter.

I think his value only comes in the run game

3 hours ago, auburnphan said:

I think his value only comes in the run game

Ah great, back to the valuable blocking-only WR

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Ah great, back to the valuable blocking-only WR

I think that’s a gross mischaracterization of Mardner. If I recall right he had a TD in the scrimmage. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I think that’s a gross mischaracterization of Mardner. If I recall right he had a TD in the scrimmage. 

Methinks he was kidding

Pretty close to what I’ve been hearing as well aside from 2 things:

1. I’ve heard there’s really more of a top 6 at reviver right now, with different players looking better on different days. I’ve seen JJ and Shorter frequently listed in contention for starting positions. 

2. Larry Nixon is frequently listed right there with the two you list as starters. 2 of those 3 will probably start (Nixon, Keyes, and Asante). Not sure which 2 will win out. We will likely see all three and possibly also Riley get a lot of play time.

Ashford is ahead of Geriner? That is surprising, but I would definitely love to see what Ashford could do with better accuracy

1 hour ago, shabby said:

Ashford is ahead of Geriner? That is surprising, but I would definitely love to see what Ashford could do with better accuracy

Being a statue in the RPO system is somewhat limiting. Robby's big play potential and SEC experience are hard to overlook even with his passing flaws. Geriner is obviously going to look the best in a scrimmage where QBs can't be hit and he is going against the 3s on defense mostly. I do like Holden and he is our best passer but he just isn't there yet.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Being a statue in the RPO system is somewhat limiting. Robby's big play potential and SEC experience are hard to overlook even with his passing flaws. Geriner is obviously going to look the best in a scrimmage where QBs can't be hit and he is going against the 3s on defense mostly. I do like Holden and he is our best passer but he just isn't there yet.

Ashford has a lot more than just “passing flaws”. He’s not a QB. Not a starting one at least. He was dead last in so many key metrics in all of the sec last season. If he is named starter…..

IMG_4425.gif

IMG_4262.gif

IMG_4790.gif

IMG_4779.gif

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

35 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Ashford has a lot more than just “passing flaws”. He’s not a QB. Not a starting one at least. He was dead last in so many key metrics in all of the sec last season. If he is named starter…..

IMG_4425.gif

IMG_4262.gif

IMG_4790.gif

IMG_4779.gif

He also 1. Was a freshman. 2 didn’t have a competent coach. 3. was battling a shoulder injury for most of the season. He’s apparently worked on fundamentals heavily in the off-season, and is actually throwing it pretty well. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

He also 1. Was a freshman. 2 didn’t have a competent coach. 3. was battling a shoulder injury for most of the season. He’s apparently worked on fundamentals heavily in the off-season, and is actually throwing it pretty well. 

He was not a freshman! He’s about to graduate bruh! Stop it. Also he can improve and still not be close to sec starter material. He had a 49% completion percentage last year! He’s not going to have a 11% jump to 60% which is where he needs to be. Also his greatest strength which is his legs is mitigated by the fact he is a fumbling machine and can’t hold on to the ball.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 2
  • Dislike 1

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

He was not a freshman! He’s about to graduate bruh! Stop it. Also he can improve and still not be close to sec starter material. He had a 49% completion percentage last year! He’s not going to have a 11% jump to 60% which is where he needs to be. Also his greatest strength which is his legs is mitigated by the fact he is a fumbling machine and can’t hold on to the ball.

Believe what you want. But he’s bypassed Holden on the depth chart. And, at this point, there’s no reason for Hugh to not get as many reps as possible to a starter. So, either Thorne is also awful or Ashford had improved. There is no other explanation.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Also… He’s a sophomore, which means he was a freshman last year… So I have no idea what you mean by he was not a freshman. 

IMG_4246.png

• Haha 1