Auburn vs Aggies Post-Game Thread

Didba

1 minute ago, auburnatl1 said:

You may be right. We needed qb magic in the portal and it didn’t happen. Imo At this point it’s about plan b’s and prayer.

Freeze cobbled together a roster to be competitive.  We have a bunch of P5 players. Absolutely zero OL from the past 3 recruiting cycles. This aint gonna get much better for a couple yrs. 

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

Freeze cobbled together a roster to be competitive.  We have a bunch of P5 players. Absolutely zero OL from the past 3 recruiting cycles. This aint gonna get much better for a couple yrs. 

Yes, but imo having momentum from this season accelerates and increases the odds of that happening. The 1st year is less about the record and more about showing progress and potential. Which why today sucked 

• Like 2

To be clear, its not about winning right now. It’s about looking like we practiced during in fall camp and the for today’s game. Today Bo Nix solidified himself as a Heisman winner. Finley is throwing for about 300 yards a game. Thorne wasn’t a world beater at MSU put up some really solid numbers. From Gus to Harsin and now Freeze we have QBs look ridiculous in our system but work out just fine in other systems. Most of us, myself included didn’t expect Freeze to win more than 6 or 7 games this season. But I expected our QBs to appear at least moderately competent. The defensive side of the ball was equally bare for Ron Roberts, but his unit is showing up and showing improvement. The offensive side looks like a discombobulated mess. Freeze and Monty need to figure it out quickly. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

To be clear, its not about winning right now. It’s about looking like we practiced during in fall camp and the for today’s game. Today Bo Nix solidified himself as a Heisman winner. Finley is throwing for about 300 yards a game. Thorne wasn’t a world beater at MSU put up some really solid numbers. From Gus to Harsin and now Freeze we have QBs look ridiculous in our system but work out just fine in other systems. Most of us, myself included didn’t expect Freeze to win more than 6 or 7 games this season. But I expected our QBs to appear at least moderately competent. The defensive side of the ball was equally bare for Ron Roberts, but his unit is showing up and showing improvement. The offensive side looks like a discombobulated mess. Freeze and Monty need to figure it out quickly. 

In fairness, our DB’s were/are pretty talented. It appears our D line pick-ups out of the portal are better than our O line pick-ups. With that said, if our QB hits a wide open receiver for a touchdown, hits wide-open receivers for a first down instead of both QBs, throwing it 10 yards over their WO ‘s heads… then if a receiver doesn’t drop a touchdown pass that hit him in the biceps, then if another receiver doesn’t drop a first down pass, our O line wouldn’t look as bad. (they certainly wouldn’t look good, but not as bad)

Then like Freeze said after the game: “we had open receivers” he needs to look at film to figure out why we’re not completing these passes, etc.

After we get physically crushed against Thuga next week, I would name Holden as the number one QB. What do we have to lose?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

- Bo isn’t winning the Heisman. At least not yet. 

- The cupboard was NOT bare on defense. Was much more so on offense.

- The offense is putrid right now but I truly think Freeze couldn’t foresee Thorne being so bad. Nobody could. Let’s see what happens if HG or Robbie get a whole game.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

- The offense is putrid right now but I truly think Freeze couldn’t foresee Thorne being so bad. Nobody could. Let’s see what happens if HG or Robbie get a whole game.

Maybe because he wasn’t this bad before?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Plenty of MSU fans gave opinions on PT. No tears were shed by him announcing going to the portal. Keon Coleman was a beast. Makes u wonder why Coleman didn’t follow him

16 minutes ago, e808 said:

Plenty of MSU fans gave opinions on PT. No tears were shed by him announcing going to the portal. Keon Coleman was a beast. Makes u wonder why Coleman didn’t follow him

That’s what sour grape fans always do. We did the same with Bo Nix. Like I said in another thread, Thorne threw 46 TDs in two seasons. Those two years alone would put him at 2nd all time here behind Pat Sullivan!!!

And what’s wilder is he did it at a mid-tier Big Ten school. Not like he was throwing to Ohio State’s WR corp. The kid obviously has to be serviceable to do that. 

4 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

That’s what sour grape fans always do. We did the same with Bo Nix. Like I said in another thread, Thorne threw 46 TDs in two seasons. Those two years alone would put him at 2nd all time here behind Pat Sullivan!!!

And what’s wilder is he did it at a mid-tier Big Ten school. Not like he was throwing to Ohio State’s WR corp. The kid obviously has to be serviceable to do that. 

Maybe Mikey was right, we should get our long snapper involved in the o-line so PT doesn't get pressured so quickly and go in the fetal position within 2 seconds of the snap.

9 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Not sure about sour grapes because there is a lot of context that possibly comes with those touchdowns. For example the schedule.
Bo was up and down at Auburn due to a multitude of things. Just based on what we see now they aren’t not even close in comparison 

7 hours ago, TigerHorn said:

Shedeur is getting exposed today. He's Ashford with less speed/elusiveness and a better (not saying much) deep ball. 

Probably the most ignorant post in here...what are you smoking?

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Then what do we think the issue is with him then? He looked spooked to me even from the beginning of the first game. Just weird. 

2 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

Then what do we think the issue is with him then? He looked spooked to me even from the beginning of the first game. Just weird. 

I think he’s pressing way too hard. And his signals are all scrambled. The coaches are not calling plays to whatever strengths he does have, which seem to be shorter rhythm throws. But honestly it may be just a mental thing.

He could have the yips from trying too hard and putting too much pressure on himself. He’s a college coach’s kid I think. Sometimes that’s the absolute worst for a player. 

22 minutes ago, e808 said:

Not sure about sour grapes because there is a lot of context that possibly comes with those touchdowns. For example the schedule.
Bo was up and down at Auburn due to a multitude of things. Just based on what we see now they aren’t not even close in comparison 

You don’t need “context” for 46 TDs in Big Ten play at Michigan State! The mental gymnastics are crazy! Bro that’s 46 different times you’re finding the endzone through the air. Fourty-six. We’re 35 of them tip drills or something? 

6 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

Another issue might be the coaches aren’t letting him gunsling and it’s broken him.

I quote his TDs a lot but he also had a LOT of INTs at MSU. But that’s just what you get with a guy like that. You have to let him spin it or don’t play him. You won’t win championships that way but you can win games with a QB who throws a pick or two a game. But you won’t win jack with a QB that is as inept as PT right now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

No dog in this race, but Bo Nix is definitely a front runner to win the Heisman at this point.  Has nothing to do with Auburn, but give the dude some credit — good for him.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, aubcali said:

No dog in this race, but Bo Nix is definitely a front runner to win the Heisman at this point.  Has nothing to do with Auburn, but give the dude some credit — good for him.  

He’s in the discussion. But Jordan Travis, Penix, Keon Coleman, Caleb Williams are probably a notch above. Bo hasn’t played anyone yet. He’ll definitely get his chance. 

19 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

You don’t need “context” for 46 TDs in Big Ten play at Michigan State! The mental gymnastics are crazy! Bro that’s 46 different times you’re finding the endzone through the air. Fourty-six. We’re 35 of them tip drills or something? 

Let me ask u this . So far in these 4 games how has that translated. I invite u to watch some of the tape Keon Coleman was that dude

6 minutes ago, e808 said:

Let me ask u this . So far in these 4 games how has that translated. I invite u to watch some of the tape Keon Coleman was that dude

It’s not translating at all. We’re not arguing about that. Thorne is horrible right now. The argument is whether or not he was always horrible. The relevance is, if he was always this bad CHF shouldn’t have taken him, and if he wasn’t then we need to figure out how to fix him. 

20 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

It’s not translating at all. We’re not arguing about that. Thorne is horrible right now. The argument is whether or not he was always horrible. The relevance is, if he was always this bad CHF shouldn’t have taken him, and if he wasn’t then we need to figure out how to fix him. 

Sorry out of reactions and can’t argue with this 

• Like 1